• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Nintendo Treehouse Live returns! July 10th at 10am PST

Check out gameplay of the upcoming game #PaperMario: The Origami King tomorrow 7/10 at 10am PT on #NintendoTreehouseLive | July 2020. Plus, we'll feature a first reveal and gameplay for a title in a franchise new to developer WayForward! http://live.nintendo.com

Please note that WayForward's new title featured in #NintendoTreehouseLive is based on a third-party property.

t1594400400z4.png

I'm hoping this isn't just a one-off, it would be awesome to see these streams throughout the summer now that they've figured out how to make it work from home!

Thanks to Xavi for the countdown + YT link!

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
6pm BST, for those in the UK. Should be a nice little watch.
I find it interesting they say the title is in a franchise "new to developer WayForward" - it implies they're making a game for a pre-existing franchise. Now, whether that's Nintendo-based or not is to be seen...

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
-Guys, I'm bored
-I have a copy of Paper Mario: The Origami King
-Do we do a streaming?
-Okay.

gabegabe

Jul 5, 2018
Brazil
It took me a while to read and realise that it's not a new franchise, but a new frachise for the developers, could be an old franchise from Nintendo. Does anyone have any idea what could it be?

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully there's more days. Just Paper Mario and something from Wayforward is a huge pass.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I am thinking they recorded more treehouse stuff than just this. Hopefully we get the announcement of more during this too I guess

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wait what. Is this a pre-existing IP then that WayForward is developing? Wonder if its a Nintendo IP then?

OP
OP
totofogo

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
6pm BST, for those in the UK. Should be a nice little watch.
I find it interesting they say the title is in a franchise "new to developer WayForward" - it implies they're making a game for a pre-existing franchise. Now, whether that's Nintendo-based or not is to be seen...

Hot damn, at first read I thought this meant just a new franchise from WayForward. You're right, I'd place my bets on this being a Cadence of Hyrule type pair-up!

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
I wish we would get a direct, but that's better than nothing. Will watch :)

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
So it's an existing franchise that WayForward has never touched.

Dare I dream for a WayForward-developed Metroid 5?

pirata

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like WayForward could be the next ones to get the chance to have a take on a Nintendo property a la Rabbitds and Necrodancer