• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Save up to 50% on select digital titles for Nintendo Switch including nominated games and more!

In the world of video games, The Game Awards is a pretty big deal, highlighting some of the biggest games of the year. To help celebrate, Nintendo is offering winning deals on some of our favorite Nintendo Switch digital titles including games nominated in this year's show and more.
Act fast—sale ends on 12/10 at 8:59 a.m. PT.

Diablo III: Eternal Collection $39.99

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/diablo-3-switch

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 $41.99

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/xenoblade-chronicles-2-switch

Super Mario Odyssey $41.99

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/super-mario-odyssey-switch

ALL SALES AND DEALS

https://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals

Last edited:

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Great price for a new copy of XB2. I'd encourage people to try it if they have any interest in jrpgs. It's not for everyone, but it's still a damn good game

HarryDemeanor

Oct 25, 2017
As a new Switch owner these deals couldn't have come at a better time! Might bite on Diablo III unless there's a better deal elsewhere.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fine I'll buy Celeste. I'm sorry I bought Iconoclasts and Freedom Planet instead last time.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why is Celeste on sale everywhere except Xbox? Super annoying.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, considering that Nintendo never did that before without being on selects, I'm really surprised that they've been doing discounts for their games like that on switch in many times.

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
Is this available in Mexico's eShop? I don't have my Switch near to check ):

ljubomir

Oct 30, 2017
Can't believe they're discounting Diablo so soon after launch. Bought it two weeks ago and I'm barely at the second act :)

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Nice discount on Diablo 3. (and yet another reminder why I really should stop buying games day one, especially third party games, haha)

I've had it since launch and felt that even full price was worth it. It's already my second most played Switch game (BOTW being #1) and I've only stopped to play through Pokemon Let's Go and Smash once that's out. It's 100% going to be a game I come back to a lot.

Oct 27, 2017
Get Celeste. As someone whose first platformer WAS Celeste, it was a truly memorable experience. Can't do any of the B Sides for shit lol but getting through the main adventure without assist mode was highly manageable.

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
Completely off topic but I can only access era through mobile. Is that happening to everybody? Says maintenance mode on desktop

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I literally just bought Celeste on the PSN sale. It's a couple bucks cheaper than the on the eShop sale but I would've gladly paid the extra to play it portable. Argh.

iag

Oct 27, 2017
Into the Breach is $10 also.

Maybe I'll get Odyssey. Wanted to get Xenoblade, but I didn't like the combat system of the first one.

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
HOW THE FUCK IS BREATH OF THE WILD NOT ON SALE

Zelda sales don't start until Tingle says so.

tenor.gif

Oct 27, 2017
That was your first 2D platformer ever?! I must be getting old...

Lmao I just never entertained platformers as a genre. I've played RPGs since I was a child and never really ventured out of my comfort zone. I only got it since everyone lauded it so heavily and it was cheap enough. Surprisingly enough, currently battling depression so came at a lovely time :)

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Freedom Planet, it's on sale too for under $10.00 USD. I played the demo and enjoyed it. How does the rest of the game hold up? Is it worth the purchase?

Eeehhhhhh it depends on how much you like Classic Sonic. I'd definitely say it's worth ten bucks.

There's lots of really good level design and platforming, but there's some truly awful bosses buried in there and in the latter half the levels get a little cumbersome, plus the combat is not suited for taking on huge tanky enemies that swarm you in the later levels.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
I got my wife a Switch for christmas and I definitely want to pickup Odyssey. Is there really no way to purchase Eshop games before taking the system out of the box?

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao I just never entertained platformers as a genre. I've played RPGs since I was a child and never really ventured out of my comfort zone. I only got it since everyone lauded it so heavily and it was cheap enough. Surprisingly enough, currently battling depression so came at a lovely time :)

Nice, glad you enjoyed it! Hell of a way to start the genre.