• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
It's one of my top 5 this gen, but unfortunately... yes. Still worth a play, even handheld only, but it looks straight-up bad especially when the combat ramps up.
Quality wise I'm sure the game is fine. I beat X and dabbled in 1 but have heard mixed things about this one a bit. I only really only play portable so I wasn't sure if they went back and patched it at all. Thanks.

foxdvd

Oct 30, 2017
You are welcome everyone...I told myself that as soon as I buy Diablo on switch it would go on sale...and it did.

May 5, 2018
Celeste and Into the Breach are legit some of my favorite games of the year. Highly recommend getting both at those prices. Also Yoku at 10 bucks is a seriously good deal too and Dead Cells is back at its "Pre-Release" price of $19.99.

Wolfy 2 is on sale again huh? Hmm I did just buy Doom and am liking that a lot right now.

ALso noticed that this is suppose to be a "Game Awards" sale right? A couple of other games that got nominated in the show like Octopath, Mario Tennis and Super Mario Party aren't on sale. Weird.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I bought Skyrim at this price during the cyber monday sale. I guess we'll be seeing it and other Bethesda at this price pretty often.

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
-33% on diablo 3 barely a month after launch is kinda scummy

Where is the happy (arbitrary) medium? Should games wait until at least 2 months after launch or something?

I don't know, to call something completely arbitrary like when it is appropriate for a game to go on sale and when it isn't "scummy" just seems nonsensical to me.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
That's a good price for Diablo, it's a great port too.
How is Dead Cells performance now? I heard they were planning to do performance patches a few months ago.
I haven't really noticed any performance issues, I also didn't noticed anything when playing BB so I'm probably not the best to judge but the game doesn't really seem taxing.

Fleet of Foot

Oct 27, 2017
Springboro, OH
I paid $60 for Diablo 3 just a month ago...
More than any other year before, this has to be the most common complaint over all three platforms in the past couple months. All these games are getting discounted so fast now. I'll never go into the fall having bought any full-priced releases ever again. Wait a few months and you'll save a ton of money.

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
That's a good price for Diablo, it's a great port too.

I haven't really noticed any performance issues, I also didn't noticed anything when playing BB so I'm probably not the best to judge but the game doesn't really seem taxing.

I didn't see anything wrong with Dead Cells but I've only played it on the Switch so I don't know if I'm missing out on something.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
Have both Odyssey and XB2. Great games, for those of you who want to pick them up. I've been looking at Diablon3 for a while. Might buy it at that price.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Debating over the following (with Gold Points applied):

Into the Breach for .17c
Valkyria Chronicles 4 for $20.12

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
That's also probably because a cheap Mario game is more enticing for holiday buying than a cheap Zelda game.

I'm not really sure what that means, but both along with Kart8 are pretty high profile games for anyone who just or is soon picking up a Switch. I'd say all three of those would be equally enticing with some sort of sale despite probably still selling fine at MSRP.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I keep hoping for a sale on ARMS so I can go digital and not lose my shirt trading the physical copy in. Seems like they only discount it during a "Test Punch" which they haven't held in several months.

Yoku's Island Express for $10 is a fantastic deal. It's a fun and charming little game.

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
Glad that VC4 went back on sale, since I missed it on Black Friday/Cyber Monday. On the other hand, Diablo 3 is on sale too, and now I'm torn. Don't know which one I want to get.

Anyone want to sell me on these (especially anyone that's played both)? If it helps, I played VC1 on PS3 and liked it a lot until I got to Chapter 7, where the difficulty spike caused me to stop playing.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, Xenoblade is a fucking steal. If you buy the DLC with it, you're practically just buying the standalone for full price and getting the season pass with it.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm.... Valkyria Chronicles 4 has a nice deal going over there.
Anyone can comment on the game? I've never played a game in that series.

Real

Oct 28, 2017
Getting my Switch in the mail tomorrow. Right now, I have Breath of the Wild, NBA 2K19, Mutant Football League, and Donkey Kong: Country all purchased physically.

I have a spare $20 E-Shop Gift Card with me. Which of these is most recommended? The game can be over $20.
- Dead Cells - Looks AWESOME. Love fast paced side-scrollers like this - reminds me of Little Fighter 2. Probably my top choice.
- Diablo 3 - I've really only had ONE major play session with this years ago. Me and an old friend played this for six hours straight on my PS4, but I never found time to play it again myself. Was a blast -- would this be worth playing in handheld mode?
- Celeste - Looks boring, but the #ERA folks rave about it. Is it worth it? I liked Towerfall for competitive split screen, but I don't know if this game will move me much.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ugh in the UK we only have Diablo 3 of all these games on sale ATM I think and it's not even as big a discount if I am understanding correctly. Though TBF we had Odyssey and many other Nintendo games on sale just last month. Hopefully the Christmas sale is good.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm.... Valkyria Chronicles 4 has a nice deal going over there.
Anyone can comment on the game? I've never played a game in that series.

It has one particularly uncomfortably sexist scene that's contextualized a bit afterward (while also having various instances of progressive inclusions), but overall it's an excellent SRPG with unique gameplay and mostly fun characters. Its narrative isn't exceptionally strong, but isn't awful, either.

If you enjoy series like Fire Emblem, I'd highly recommend it. It's essentially anime WW2 with anime characters and anime magical plot devices.

The demo is quite lengthy, and has the scene I mentioned above. That's the game's lowest point, really, so if you can get past that it's smoother sailing. If not, that's totally understandable.