• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
gonna pick up yoko's island and mega man for sure. tempted to get xenoblade and maybe dead cells. feel like i wont have time for xenoblade and i can probably wait for a cheaper price on dead cells

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Getting my Switch in the mail tomorrow. Right now, I have Breath of the Wild, NBA 2K19, Mutant Football League, and Donkey Kong: Country all purchased physically.

I have a spare $20 E-Shop Gift Card with me. Which of these is most recommended? The game can be over $20.
- Dead Cells - Looks AWESOME. Love fast paced side-scrollers like this - reminds me of Little Fighter 2. Probably my top choice.
- Diablo 3 - I've really only had ONE major play session with this years ago. Me and an old friend played this for six hours straight on my PS4, but I never found time to play it again myself. Was a blast -- would this be worth playing in handheld mode?
- Celeste - Looks boring, but the #ERA folks rave about it. Is it worth it? I liked Towerfall for competitive split screen, but I don't know if this game will move me much.
Maybe this is a dumb question but have you found a way to purchase Eshop games before booting up your Switch? Mine's still in the box as it's a christmas gift for the family. I created a Nintendo account but I'm not seeing any way to purchase games in the browser.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Paid full price for D3 like many others here at launch and no regrets, it's an amazing port. Glad to see more potential players here, be sure to join the OT.

Was hoping for an Octopath discount, guess I'll continue to wait. Is Skyrim worth at $29?

Real

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe this is a dumb question but have you found a way to purchase Eshop games before booting up your Switch? Mine's still in the box as it's a christmas gift for the family. I created a Nintendo account but I'm not seeing any way to purchase games in the browser.

Yeah, just click the game you want via the Webshop Portal and there should be a button to purchase on individual game pages.

brownmagic

Oct 25, 2017
Paid full price for D3 like many others here at launch and no regrets, it's an amazing port. Glad to see more potential players here, be sure to join the OT.

Was hoping for an Octopath discount, guess I'll continue to wait. Is Skyrim worth at $29?

Skyrim is super worth $29, playing in bed is a gamchanger.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
You can buy games from Nintendo's web site.
Yeah, just click the game you want via the Webshop Portal and there should be a button to purchase on individual game pages.
Huh, thank you but the purchase digital option doesn't even appear if I'm logged in, and if I try to purchase then login I get the following error.

Error Code 9001-0026
To continue, please access Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo Switch console linked to this Nintendo Account.

But again...it's still in the box for christmas and this will be our first Nintendo console since the N64. Apparently I have to link my account to the Switch before I'm able to purchase anything on the Eshop? I guess I'll just have to bust it out and then put it back in the box, or miss out on these deals.

Last edited:

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Huh, thank you but the purchase digital option doesn't even appear if I'm logged in, and if I try to purchase then login I get the following error.

Error Code 9001-0026
To continue, please access Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo Switch console linked to this Nintendo Account.
Damn, so maybe have to initialize the account on the console first? Bummer for sure for your situation. :(

Oct 26, 2017
Damn it, I bought Mario Odyssey less than a week ago after it wasn't on sale for Black Friday. I knew this would happen. =/

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
Fuckin hell I just bought Into the Breach last week after concluding that I wouldn't see it on sale any time soon.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
3 great games (Put 45 hours into Diablo III Switch, 65 hours into Odyssey and 220 into Xenoblade 2) well worth anyone's purchase

Half price Doom as well.

Deleted member 274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's 4 or 5 titles that are cheaper on the Xbox Game Awards sale

Fuck off with this trend publishers

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
But again...it's still in the box for christmas and this will be our first Nintendo console since the N64. Apparently I have to link my account to the Switch before I'm able to purchase anything on the Eshop?
Yeah, pretty sure that's the case. You need to at least create a profile on the Switch and then link it to your Nintendo.com account. Then you should be able to buy stuff online and have it automatically download to the Switch.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Buy Xenoblade 2 everyone, it's a complete steal at that price. Game will last you for at least 200 hours easily

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Bought XB2 since I sold off my physical copy limited edition a few months ago. Maybe this time I'll actually finish it lol! I might pick up an indie or 2 or perhaps VC4. Gotta start filling up my new 256GB microSD card as I've decided to go all digital (aside from the 4 physical games I bought during BF deals + 25% off GCU BB coupon deal).

MasterChumly

Oct 25, 2017
Dollar General had 15% off eShop cards all last week.

I didn't even know they carried gift cards and the store manager at the store I went to didn't even know about the deal so I cleared them out. I picked $400 for $340 since I knew Nintendo would have a sale right before Christmas.
Noooooo 15% is the best you can get anymore and I haven't seen one in a while.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
That discount on The Messenger is tempting but I don't have time to play it right now and it's likely gonna be on sale again in the future...

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Good to hear, prob gonna get this then. Thought I'd read something about it being a bad port, was prob another game then.

It's a very good port.

VC4 looks interesting - how is the story?

is it anime?

also, how is the performance?

VC4's characters and story are serviceable, maybe even half-decent — entertaining. Thoroughly anime. I'd highly recommend the game regardless, because the gameplay is great and unique.

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty good sale, definitely gonna get Into the Breach. Eyeing Yoku and MM11 also.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They need to stop discounting Skyrim before I buy the thing for a hundreth time. Glad to see some rare first party sales here.

I'll keep repeating to myself, "I have tons of games to play on Switch, I have tons of games to play on Switch..."

Johnnybarra

Nov 1, 2018
Fine I'll buy Celeste. I'm sorry I bought Iconoclasts and Freedom Planet instead last time.

I know they're different games, but I bought Celeste instead of Iconoclasts and I fell in love with it.

However, I recently tried Iconoclasts through PS+, and I don't feel enraptured by it.
Did you feel the same or am I missing something? Do I need to keep playing?