• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

strideramc

Oct 31, 2017
I almost bought Diablo on Monday but went with Monster Boy instead. Glad I waited like 3 more days.

Also, Guacemelee 2 is 30% off PO for anyone who has the first one on their switch.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know they're different games, but I bought Celeste instead of Iconoclasts and I fell in love with it.

However, I recently tried Iconoclasts through PS+, and I don't feel enraptured by it.
Did you feel the same or am I missing something? Do I need to keep playing?

I feel really bad talking smack about Iconoclasts because it was a years long indie labour of love, but god almighty I just do not like it. The soundtrack and graphics are excellent but the moment to moment gameplay is really bland.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Bought XBC2 on sale, a game I have over 500 hours in. The cart needed to go from the slot though about a month ago and I'm glad to have it whenever.

Uncleslappy

Oct 28, 2017
NJ
I picked up Yoku's Island Express for $10. I played the demo and had a smile ear to ear the entire time. Can't wait to play with Game Awards in the background tonight.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
I picked up Yoku's Island Express for $10. I played the demo and had a smile ear to ear the entire time. Can't wait to play with Game Awards in the background tonight.

One of my favorite indies during 2018! In terms of great games with a high "happiness level", Yoku's Island Express and Wandersong are both top notch.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
I'll show up for Diablo. I haven't played it yet. And I think my other half will love it.

Matrix XII

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone have experience with Civ VI on the Switch? If it goes on sale is it worth purchasing?

Blackie

Oct 25, 2017
Wherever
Getting my Switch in the mail tomorrow. Right now, I have Breath of the Wild, NBA 2K19, Mutant Football League, and Donkey Kong: Country all purchased physically.

I have a spare $20 E-Shop Gift Card with me. Which of these is most recommended? The game can be over $20.
- Dead Cells - Looks AWESOME. Love fast paced side-scrollers like this - reminds me of Little Fighter 2. Probably my top choice.
- Diablo 3 - I've really only had ONE major play session with this years ago. Me and an old friend played this for six hours straight on my PS4, but I never found time to play it again myself. Was a blast -- would this be worth playing in handheld mode?
- Celeste - Looks boring, but the #ERA folks rave about it. Is it worth it? I liked Towerfall for competitive split screen, but I don't know if this game will move me much.

I say buy Diablo 3 as your #1 choice and either Celeste or Dead Cells as #2 choice. Your total list of games doesnt have anything quite like Diabo 3 but since you have DK a 2D style game is less urgent (Tropical Freeze of course is a little more than normal 2D). Keep in mind that this is no knock on Celeste/Dead Cells, both are absolutely top tier games for what they are doing and I adored both :)

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if the fact that Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade 2 are the only first party games they put on sale for this VGA sale means anything.

Mario Odyssey DLC and Xenoblade Smash DLC announcements incoming?

I want Reggie to come on stage after the Best Soundtrack category and be like "Boy, Geoff, those were some great soundtracks. Speaking of great soundtracks, it doesn't seem like you've heard Xenoblade Chronicles 2's soundtrack. The soundtrack for the Torna DLC just went on sale, give it a listen! Speaking of Xenoblade 2..."

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Assuming to do rifts in diablo I will need to buy into Nintendo's online platform?

Cien

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, not sure what you mean, as I haven't played VC1, haha.

If you can ask without majorly spoiling VC1, I can answer!

not too spoilery, but tagging just in case.

basically you're on the field fighting as usual, then a super powered unit comes on the battlefield and starts literally murdering your units, one by one. It becomes a tense cat and mouse race to the finish. It caught many players off guard and was an infamous difficulty spike

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
not too spoilery, but tagging just in case.

basically you're on the field fighting as usual, then a super powered unit comes on the battlefield and starts literally murdering your units, one by one. It becomes a tense cat and mouse race to the finish. It caught many players off guard and was an infamous difficulty spike

There are maps like that, and plenty of boss encounters in VC4, but the new tools available allow the player to be much more dynamic in their response to them, from what I understand having played 4 but not 1.

Even in maps where the objective changed suddenly, or there's some sort of surprise attack, I rarely ever had to restart with that foreknowledge to deal with the situation.

Unsure if this is a new addition, but you can also save your game mid-battle, on any (or every) turn you want, essentially giving the player save states.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
I hope those bonus coins for pre-ordering Smash show up before the sale ends. I want to pick up Odyssey.

Runwhiteboyrun

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
How is Nintendo with refunds/credit for Eshop purchases made a few days before a sale? Just bought Mario Odyssey 2 days ago at $60.