• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

(This implies that it will only be announced *after* E3)

UPDATE:

UPDATE 2:

Last edited:

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
I thought it was pretty clear, they won't announce a revision at E3

It'll probably be before as they'll most likely want to promote all their second half games with the new revisions

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
So they will announce the Switch mini next month to release it with Super Mario Maker 2... makes sense.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
That's odd cause that was never an expectation.
Nintendo hasn't announced new hardware at an event in years.
The Mini's, Switch and New 2DS XL were all announced on their own iirc

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018
Il'l say it will be announced before E3 🤷🏻‍♂️If a revision is even planed and all the Rumors and reports are true🤔

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Or they just haven't made the plans for the reveal cycle yet

Note: The above is facetious and not indicative of insider knowledge

keidash

Jan 31, 2018
The only doubt here is not if they'll announce new hardware but when... will it be before or after E3?

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
So before E3 it is.

Well this sucks and its puts all them rumors to rest
Were there rumors that we will see new hardware at E3? No
Were there hints? No
Were Switch, New 3DS, New 2DS XL, 2DS, 3DS XL, Wii U etc... announced on E3? No
When did Nintendo announced new hardware at E3? Well was it Wii probably? Who knows, it's been so long.
Did I learn anything from all this? No. Next time there is a new hardware rumor I will assume it will be at E3.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
They're not gonna announce it before, why would they play coy with their shareholders like that? Their goal isn't to be cute here.

PogiJones

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They'd say that even if they were planning on announcing new hardware at E3 tbh. But yeah, it will still probably be before or after E3.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
or... dun dun dun, the rumors may end up being false
18 million is a very safe estimate for this FY, i wonder if they feel scared after last year.

Deleted member 4372

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want an answer officially from them what their Switch hardware revision plans are so I can make a purchase plan. The financial paper reports can't be wrong about a Switch mini coming, right?

z0m3le

Oct 25, 2017
This is obvious... If the Switch was launching in June with Super Mario Maker 2, it would have to be announced in May, because Japan doesn't take preorders on devices that are announced less than a month before release.

If it's launching in Fall, it wouldn't be announced until August or September, for those same reasons... And you don't want to tell people not to buy the current model for 3+ months.

I want an answer officially from them what their Switch hardware revision plans are so I can make a purchase plan. The financial paper reports can't be wrong about a Switch mini coming, right?
3 Weeks before Nintendo announced the 3DS XL, Miyamoto said that a revision wasn't happening because the original 3DS was perfectly designed.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
Remember when Nikkei reported that Nintendo was making a 3DS XL, and Nintendo denied it, only to reveal it within the same month

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
After E³ might be the best idea, considering MS will go into ultra PR mode for their next console.

Though i hope this means a good amount of new games for their E³ Direct then.

Deleted member 36622

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Fools those who thought that was a real possibility: Nintendo hasn't announced hardware at E3 in decades.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
they're not ever gonna admit a revision exists until it's officially announced, that's just bad business cuz people will stop buying the current model.

Oct 29, 2017
Wasn't that revealed earlier during a Digital presentation?

No. It was leaked before then, but the first actual announcement (and unveil of the controller) was at E3 2011.

Likewise, the 3DS was also revealed at E3 2010 and the Wii (Then Revolution) was revealed at E3 2005.

They've never revealed any hardware revisions at E3 before though... with the sole exception of the Game Boy Micro at E3 2005.