• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Announced in the investor meeting, is anyone surprised?

Finally, let me talk about the E3 video game trade show that will be held in Los Angeles this June. Once again, Nintendo will not be hosting a large-scale conference for institutional investors, securities analysts, and the media. Instead, we plan to continue our practice of the past few years, which is to release a video presentation discussing the games that are planned for release during the fiscal year, provide hands-on opportunities, and so on. The world championship tournaments for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and Splatoon 2 will be held on June 8, right before the start of E3. This concludes today's presentation. Thank you.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bring it. I love their pre-recorded presentations. The Direct + Treehouse are why I still find some enjoyment out of E3 each year.

Oct 27, 2017
The title is poorly worded has it gives the impression that they aren't doing anything imo when they're still doing the same thing they've done for years. Idk not a big deal but that's how it read for me

Deleted member 873

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
"Nintendo keeps doing what they've been doing for E3" sounds about right.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I hate to thread whine, but come on. Really. Seriously.

………...……………………………………………….this needed a thread?

Tarikbrother

Banned
Apr 25, 2019
Good. I was tired of fake overhyped journalists looking for every occasions to scream "fuck yeah".

Glad this era is basically dead.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Can't say I'm surprised. Can't say I'm expecting Nintendo to ever do a live press conference at E3 again.

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
Live press conferences are so dated now. Nintendo spear heading the digital conference with a great and thought out presentation pretty much changed everything. I stop watching Sony and Microsoft conferences after that. I was getting tired of the fillers and extra drag on banters between the presenters and developers.

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So many terrible E3 presentations from all of them, I can see why this is the right direction unless you are unveiling a new system. I still think new hardware is best done Live.