• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
This is so goofy and fun. haha

It might not be for me, but if it gets people happy, who am I to complain?

Peterc

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, nintendo i still the head of bringing innovation. There is no reason to complain. People that liked wii fit and want something else, thats what nintendo is delivering.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
If this is really going to be a worldwide competition to see which country can become the most fit, then that's super genius (from a sales perspective at least).

Last edited:

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
giphy.gif

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is like the perfect wholly Nintendo response to the dozens, hundreds, of "where are my new games/experiences Nintendo enough with all these ports!" on this site in particular.

I can't imagine that those same people are happy watching that video but I hope they enjoyed their monkey's paw wish regardless.

kiriku

Oct 27, 2017
I am all for Nintendo doing more wacky accessories like this, but the trailer makes a weird case at times if it's supposed to be fitness related. I mean, why are people getting all sweaty wearing their regular clothes, and who would bring out a fitness thing with friends and family and let them watch you work out?
But perhaps there are more layers to this, will be interesting to see.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
It looks like it's a rubber ring though, which is a bit disappointing for the people who are stronger than the average earthworm. Maybe there's a metal pro version?

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
Switch Lite already more useless than before.

Useless? You can play 99% of Switch games on Switch Lite.

The Labo team has good ideas but their games are crap. Never bought Labo because its one of those toys which you play once and never touch again. I hope this is different. I would love a Switch Fot/Sports game. This seems to be something different though. Seems more like a party game.

To be fair one of biggest point of Labo is making Labo, while this seems very different.

I strongly disagree. It is clearly worst Nintendo. Looks like Switch Fit. Hopefully it is a one-off thing and they do not try to push a flop just like they did with Labo. Also, I really wish this thing to bomb as strongly as Labo so Nintendo finalky gets the message that the casual market is on mobile: do the Nintendogs and Brain Trainings there and leave alone the traditional gaming marjet.

if it succeeds, we will see a return of the casualization of the Wii era, and that would be the worst case scenario. The eagerness to revival casual IPs on consooe is the worst idea that Nintendo can have at the moment: just focus on traditional games. I am not even asking to expand and buy studios -which you absolutely should- but at least do not divert resources into casuals.

I am rally against this way of thinking "its not for me so I want to fail". Yes, there will be more casual games, but on other hand there will be bigger user base (with more casual users) and bigger user base lead to better 3rd party support in any case.
Dont forget that Switch is unified Nintendo platform and only platform they supporting, so there is plenty of room for core and few casual games.

Kompis

Oct 27, 2017
Just make a decent RPG that let me level up by using that thing and ill be the fittest guy alive.

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
I strongly disagree. It is clearly worst Nintendo. Looks like Switch Fit. Hopefully it is a one-off thing and they do not try to push a flop just like they did with Labo. Also, I really wish this thing to bomb as strongly as Labo so Nintendo finalky gets the message that the casual market is on mobile: do the Nintendogs and Brain Trainings there and leave alone the traditional gaming marjet.

if it succeeds, we will see a return of the casualization of the Wii era, and that would be the worst case scenario. The eagerness to revival casual IPs on consooe is the worst idea that Nintendo can have at the moment: just focus on traditional games. I am not even asking to expand and buy studios -which you absolutely should- but at least do not divert resources into casuals.
Yeah, don't let casual players play games on a console of all things. That'd be downright abhorrent.

Or perhaps Nintendo could do both and have a hardcore and casual audience on the Switch. A very out there idea, I know...

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
teaser looks like an SNL parody of a wii/kinect commercial from ten years ago or something

Deleted member 11008

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo is having its more gaming focused era since the SNES and some people think a tiny casual ouput from them are going to make lost the actual focus.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Boo @ the Switch Lite haters. If you don't like it, don't buy it. And please give people a bit more credit. Most people aren't as stupid as you may imagine them to be.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
I was just thinking about Wii Fit and how I wished Nintendo brought it back, this looks to be their version of it. I'm sold, loved Wii Fit and this looks to be a more free-form version of that.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
is it weird that this makes me nostalgic for wii party games? 1 2 switch was just weird and didnt fill that niche at all.

Estro

Jul 17, 2019
So here is Mystery Game #4. Seeing the video, I understand why they chose to market it on its own rather than in the Direct, just like they did with Labo.

Proabably not for me, but I love seeing Nintendo experiment and get weird, excited to see what it is.

Chromie

Dec 4, 2017
Washington
I remember someone on Gaf lost 100 pounds thanks to Wii Fit.

Hope this does help people. Weight loss can be hard and anything that helps people stay motivated should be commended.

Deleted member 8784

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Can't wait to see how they try and force this gadget into the Breath of the Wild sequel.
This is worst Nintendo.

gingerbeardman

Moai Master
Oct 27, 2017
Cornwall, UK
EXCITE!

Mostly because it proves Nintendo are still Weird.

And also because they're still happy to release things focussed on joycons after Switch Lite.

And of course because I love Wii-era Nintendo the most: Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Excite Truck!

Jan 10, 2018
What is it about experiences not exclusively catered to real gamers which predictably breaks alot of them time and time again?

I'm not complaining, just amused observing how entitled people can be, time and time again

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I was ready for weird and oh boy.

That thread was right.
You know Resetera, We really are living in Nintendo Renaissance.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
Concentrate on games, if Labo was anything to go by not everyone want this.

Most people did not buy switch to play another Wii fit. But I can see this selling well if priced correctly.

I just wish they would get their online sorted and focus more on the classic nintendo stuff more.

nikatapi

Jan 11, 2018
It's good to have options even if not for us.
It's not like the focus on hardcore games is going to disappear suddenly.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo's dark secret is that they just want to be a health company, and use video games as a front. They were so close with Wii Fit...

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I'm still holding out hope we get a Switch Fit game that's backwards compatible with the Wii and Wii U iterations. I still use it as my daily scale/weight tracker/what have you.

Status
Not open for further replies.