• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
I remember someone on Gaf lost 100 pounds thanks to Wii Fit.

Hope this does help people. Weight loss can be hard and anything that helps people stay motivated should be commended.

Check out Krejlooc thread here:

www.resetera.com

WiiU Fit is amazing

Just wanted to chime in, years after release, to say this stuff is absolutely amazing. Today, i crossed my 50th pound lost, and after doing yoga for months, for the first time ever, I had it report perfect balance: This has been in addition to diet and exercise, mind you, but WiiU Fit has...

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Check out Krejlooc thread here:

www.resetera.com

WiiU Fit is amazing

Just wanted to chime in, years after release, to say this stuff is absolutely amazing. Today, i crossed my 50th pound lost, and after doing yoga for months, for the first time ever, I had it report perfect balance: This has been in addition to diet and exercise, mind you, but WiiU Fit has...
I've lost 2 more lbs since making that topic earlier this week.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've lost 2 more lbs since making that topic earlier this week.

giphy.gif

Congrats on the weight loss!

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
I strongly disagree. It is clearly worst Nintendo. Looks like Switch Fit. Hopefully it is a one-off thing and they do not try to push a flop just like they did with Labo. Also, I really wish this thing to bomb as strongly as Labo so Nintendo finalky gets the message that the casual market is on mobile: do the Nintendogs and Brain Trainings there and leave alone the traditional gaming marjet.

if it succeeds, we will see a return of the casualization of the Wii era, and that would be the worst case scenario. The eagerness to revival casual IPs on consooe is the worst idea that Nintendo can have at the moment: just focus on traditional games. I am not even asking to expand and buy studios -which you absolutely should- but at least do not divert resources into casuals.
what do you want that Nintendo isn't giving you

Ruu

Oct 28, 2017
People get really upset by a piece of plastic huh? Wii fit was great. Depending on the structure of whatever this is I could be done for something similar. I used Wii fit for a little bit but my biggest problem was it was paced a little too slow for my liking. Took a little too long to go through the boot process and a little too much downtime between activities. If they can make an exercise game that's a little snappier then I'd love it. That EA Sports Active thing was decent as well but lacked some of the polish that Nintendo brings.

Oct 25, 2017
the Wii fit games were pretty fun. But the balance board was kinda bulky and you couldn't do all that much with it, so maybe these devices can be more versatile.

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
I strongly disagree. It is clearly worst Nintendo. Looks like Switch Fit. Hopefully it is a one-off thing and they do not try to push a flop just like they did with Labo. Also, I really wish this thing to bomb as strongly as Labo so Nintendo finalky gets the message that the casual market is on mobile: do the Nintendogs and Brain Trainings there and leave alone the traditional gaming marjet.

if it succeeds, we will see a return of the casualization of the Wii era, and that would be the worst case scenario. The eagerness to revival casual IPs on consooe is the worst idea that Nintendo can have at the moment: just focus on traditional games. I am not even asking to expand and buy studios -which you absolutely should- but at least do not divert resources into casuals.
Yep, Nintendo is obviously going to can BotW and stop developing Smash DLC if this new peripheral succeeds

Selling to the -diverse and broad- casual audience can only do two things for their profile:

- Bring in new gamers. Tons of people with a Switch definitely never touched a Nintendo before DS and Wii.

- Give them a low-investment, high-reward product that only *grows* their resources, or at worst breaks even because of the low costs. This might take some dev resources away from core products, but clearly they aren't hurting for output right now. If it succeeds, that's more resources to dedicate to more demanding products that take years to develop.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

Well back to the original poster's point them developing this is not going to get in the way of them developing online services.

In fact if this game has heavy online components as many of us suspect its success might compel them to work even harder on offering a robust online experience.

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
Concentrate on games, if Labo was anything to go by not everyone want this.

Most people did not buy switch to play another Wii fit. But I can see this selling well if priced correctly.

I just wish they would get their online sorted and focus more on the classic nintendo stuff more.

Not every game needs to be for every Switch owner, this is actually to attract different type of audience, having different type of games and experiences can only be good for platform not bad.

But Nintendo is focused on classic Nintendo stuff and on games, we just had hole Direct of classic Nintendo stuffs and games, this game or previous Labo games will not change that.

the7samurai

Oct 30, 2017
I love this random crap. I'll probably end up getting this cause it's always fun to mess around with at family gatherings.

EarlGreyHot

Oct 27, 2017
First thing my wife said: looks like something we use at the gym

so yeah Wii Fit related. Looks fun!

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
I'm always conflicted about this side of Nintendo. While I always appreciate weird Nintendo, the controllers and peripherals that are the product of weird Nintendo are rarely things I like.

Estro

Jul 17, 2019
I thought we had abandonned the "Hardcore vs casual" mentality at least a generation ago, surprised to see a lot of the comments in this thread.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
I love when Nintendo does wacky, fun, unique stuff like this merely so I can read the jaded, self-righteous responses from "real" gamers who aren't interested. This could end up being a steaming pile of shit. It could be awesome. No one has seen much yet other than you need to get off the couch and move.

(and it may not appeal much to me...or to you. But my grade school kids absolutely adored building Labo vehicles and vr - and want more for Christmas. Those happy memories working together and with us on projects will stay with them forever. So I'm not sorry if some new experience from Nintendo doesn't meet your personal gamer cred level. I understand saying 'This doesn't interest me.' But to anyone getting angry or completely dismissive of NIntendo trying new things? ridiculous.)

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
I love when Nintendo does wacky, fun, unique stuff like this merely so I can read the jaded, self-righteous responses from "real" gamers who aren't interested. This could end up being a steaming pile of shit. It could be awesome. No one has seen much yet other than you need to get off the couch and move.

(and it may not appeal much to me...or to you. But my grade school kids absolutely adored building Labo vehicles and vr - and want more for Christmas. Those happy memories working together and with us on projects will stay with them forever. So I'm not sorry if some new experience from Nintendo doesn't meet your personal gamer cred level. I understand saying 'This doesn't interest me.' But to anyone getting angry or completely dismissive of NIntendo trying new things? ridiculous.)

Didn't help that the trailer was annoying as hell.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Nintendo should call this Switch Active just to mock modern EA by reminding them of past successes on the Wii.

This entire rig really looks like a proper evolution on EA Active.

eas_active_bicepcurl.jpg

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018
Wait and see, but if's wii fit 3-ish, then it's nice.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
Stoked about all the possibilities that could arise from the combination of the gyro and IR camera + the Pilates wheel. Not to mention the extra input from the leg strap. Knowing this is coming from the labo team, has me expecting some really creative ideas.

Gotta put my couch on Craigslist.

blacktout

Jan 16, 2018
Just in time for the new Switch model that lacks separate Joycons and a dock - here's a new platform that requires a docked Switch with disconnected Joycons.

See, this seems like a good sign to me, because it means that Nintendo doesn't plan to stop releasing software that utilizes the unique features of the joy-con (detachability, HD rumble, the IR camera, etc.) just because they stripped that functionality out of the Lite. I think there's a lot of weird, interesting potential there and I'd hate for Nintendo to just abandon it after two years in order to accommodate buyers of their cheaper, more conventional handheld.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
Not every game needs to be for every Switch owner, this is actually to attract different type of audience, having different type of games and experiences can only be good for platform not bad.

But Nintendo is focused on classic Nintendo stuff and on games, we just had hole Direct of classic Nintendo stuffs and games, this game or previous Labo games will not change that.

Yea I saw they were releasing a majority of the titles that were on the snes mini. Not super exciting.

Deleted member 8860

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just in time for the new Switch model that lacks separate Joycons and a dock - here's a new platform that requires a docked Switch with disconnected Joycons.

At least this will be fully revealed first (9/12), well before the Switch Lite launch date (9/20). It may be a factor in some people's system purchase decisions.

Snake Eater

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo still trying to get that Wii crowd again, not happening with this

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
I'm waiting to see more but I probably won't be interested in this.
But as always I'm really curious at how much WTF this product will be.

giapel

Oct 28, 2017
I'm glad Nintendo didn't mention this in the direct so at least all the "outrage" can be contained in one thread.
As with Labo, you are not the target audience for everything. As you get older, you come to realise that.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Not for me but I'm glad it exists.

And yeah, likely a big online connected component, perhaps even classes/trainers. This is a huge industry in fitness really (Peloton, The Mirror, etc) and could be a really good opportunity for Nintendo.

Deleted member 388

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo should call this Switch Active just to mock modern EA by reminding them of past successes on the Wii.

This entire rig really looks like a proper evolution on EA Active.

eas_active_bicepcurl.jpg
First thing I thought of when I saw the leg strap. EA Sports Active > Wii Fit.
Thanks to it I got fit, lost about 80lbs and gained abs. The latter of which I lost after a weekend in Vegas. RIP.

Mantorok

Mar 8, 2018
I thought we were past all this, come on Nintendo you finally get your groove back and now you want to make people prance around in their living rooms again?

No thanks, but I'm sure there will be appeal somewhere, problem is we've seen it all before and got bored.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get the disdain in the last couple posts. Nintendo is killing it with the traditional hardcore crowd, let the casual group have something. And it might actually be good.

Velezcora

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I love that Nintendo is keeping this stuff separate from their gaming focused directs. I'm fine with the company experimenting and they have a better understanding of what the core audience wants from them versus the wii days. No Wii Music E3 stage presence again thankfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.