• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I'll laugh if after all the time/rumours/speculation it's just the first one.

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
"We were going to release them together but decided instead to release them separately for full price" seems so unlikely and yet so Nintendo.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
So we've heard Trilogy for years, Nintendo said fuckem.

I'll take it though. Prime 1 is magic.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Given all the rumours about MPT that have persisted for years at this point, I'm just going to wait for an official announcement before caring about this.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Why sell them together when you can sell them individually.

Based nintendo.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
HOLY SHIT!!!

I've heard this one a dozen times!
Please be real for once?

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
I mean, I'd take a full-on remake in the vein of Shadow of the Colossus or Demon's Souls... but a simple remaster of Prime 1 without 2 & 3 would be a huge disappointment.

Streusel

▲ Legend ▲
Dec 28, 2017
this is exactly what i expected them to do lol, milking as much as possible. full price remasters sold individually.

my guess is they'll release all 3 until prime 4 comes out in 2023.

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
They're also working on a Mother Collection that contains all three games.

Or so I've heard. And by "heard", I mean dream.

D.Lo

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
While another Trilogy release would be great value, I do think it would be a waste. On Wii it was in lieu of separate $20 budget re-releases for the three games - in Japan Prime 1 and 2 got 'Play on Wii' releases.

I know I never played through Prime 2/3 on my Wii disc. Too much content at once, most people would play through Prime 1 and move on. I did the same thing with many of the PS3 trilogy remasters (Devil May Cry, Tomb Raider, Prince of Persia etc).

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just gonna assume this is false, to avoid disappointment when it doesn't materialise. Will be getting a switch for Dread next month, so would be nice to get more Metroid on it that soon.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Quite the negative reaction here for a modem classic to potentially get a Remake 20 years after it original launch. Especially since it's not available on modern systems as of now.

Yet I'm not surprised.

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
That would explain why they never released the trilogy. I know people will be pissed but to be honest, this will go better commercially even if it's just 1 game vs 3.

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
Well, Tantalus need to work on something after Skyward Sword HD... Or could be a Wind Waker HD case where Retro remade the first game in order to "practice" for the new Metroid Prime 4.

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I doubt this is real.

The Trilogy version wasn't as good as the original release in my opinion, so this might actually be an improvement if it is something more substantial and real.

Zeal543

Next Level Seer
May 15, 2020
I don't want to believe it won't be the trilogy, but then again I kind of expected nintendo to try and monetize it as much as they could. Hopefully it's not true, I would much rather a trilogy remaster than a single game remake

inb4 single game remaster

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
NINTENDO PRESENTS
A RETRO STUDIOS PRODUCTION

M E T R O I D
P R I M E
~REMASTERED~​

• Relive the classic adventure of SAMUS ARAN with enhancements and features EXCLUSIVE to Nintendo Switch​
  • Textures magnificently reworked using AI upscaling (note: not applied to all textures)​
  • Outstanding improvements to resolution (620p in portable mode, 720p+ dynamic scaling in docked mode)​
  • Characters, enemies, and environments retain classic models!​
  • Reimagined soundtrack composed entirely by a full orchestra​
  • Amiibo support
AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 22nd 2022** IN CELEBRATION OF ORIGINAL RELEASE OF METROID PRIME
RRP: USD $59.99
**pending delays

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
Very surprised that they haven't just kicked Trilogy out the door at some point, but maybe it never made sense with their release schedule. Nintendo's very careful - perhaps to a fault - about parceling these things out rather than shotgunning 3-4 tentpoles onto the market at once.

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
Quite the negative reaction here for a modem classic to potentially get a Remake 20 years after it original launch. Especially since it's not available on modern systems as of now.

Yet I'm not surprised.
Because nobody expects nintendo to make a full on remake, but more a remaster for a high price or at most
a remake in the Zelda OoT sense where it sticks really cleanly to the original and sells for full price (for the platform).

The other option was a port/remaster of the trilogy for full price, and that is something most people would not have a problem with...

If it gets a full on remake, count me in, but with where Metroid was standing just a few years ago, that sounds unrealistic.
Last year the only successfull (mildly) Metroid game since the Original Trilogy (Back on the Wii...) was the remake of 2,
and even that did not set the world on fire (bad timing i would say), and the trilogy/MP3 also did not sell corrent AAA levels of copies.
So to expect them to have a full on MP1 remake before 4 is out,... yeah, that does not make sense. Especially with the timing of the development reboot of 4.
Expect a remaster of 1 with some touched up textures, loadtimes, 2-3 controller options for 40-60€.

Edit: well, EatChildren has a great post what ...kinda sounds like a nintendo move.

Samus95

Jun 18, 2020
I thin people forget that Prime1 or Trilogy will open the show for Prime 4

I think people should expect something like Xeno DE or Wind Waker HD if it is Prime alone

DinoBlaster

Feb 18, 2020
I'd be totally fine with just the first one. 2 and 3 are great but just give the OG full attention to make the remaster worth it.

Paper Cheese

Oct 9, 2019
Ah this is interesting, would match up with what NateDrake said about the scope of the project changing, if they do this then I'd expect something closer to big remasters of each title that are made specifically for Switch, with new textures and visual effects, rather than a HD port of the Wii trilogy.

Jan 4, 2018
I would love some kind of remake.

Just a port would be disappointing though. If you're going to port, at least include the trilogy...

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Given all the rumours about MPT that have persisted for years at this point, I'm just going to wait for an official announcement before caring about this.
Pretty much this. I'm sure some insider said that Trilogy is ready to go a while back. In any case, I'll wait until a formal announcement from Nintendo, otherwise likely to get hopes up for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.