• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
4pmGEeL.gif

With so many first party game selling so freakishly well (Xenoblade 2 shipped a million in a month!), it's time for F-Zero to shine! What Miyamoto? You want new control methods? How about two joy cons and a Labo cardboard!?

JUST DO IT NINTENDO.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They did try it with the Wii U tbf. I hope they can find someone since it seems like no one at Nintendo wants to do it.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
they tried, Criterion turned them down. maybe they'll try with a different studio

also, it's not a racer's market. might not be a good idea to make another racer

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
They will, it's inevitable. Nothing goes away forever.

The question is: who does it? I'd pay unlimited money to have the original Amusement Vision team work on it, but they're deep into a gajillion Yakuza games, so it doesn't seem likely.

memoryman3

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
F-Zero GX was extremely hard and compared to Mario Kart it's really hard to pick up and play.

Chacranajxy

Oct 29, 2017
Thank God Criterion didn't get it. They can make cars go fast, but they can't make them control well... and definitely not up to F-Zero's standard.

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
I think claiming that they are "foolish" to not do that is probably taking it a little far.

I'm sure a good enough F-Zero game could sell reasonably well, however I don't think Nintendo urgently needs to release a new entry. They are probably fine without it, to be honest.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Just give the IP proper to the FAST Racing devs and we're good to go.

Or, if we're dreaming, we could make a new type of game entirely that explores F-Zero's criminally underused setting and characters. I still want that CapFalc Platinum action game...

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Feel free to create a new thread if you have an actual argument to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.