• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/nintendogs-cats-toy-poodle-new-friends-3ds
https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/nintendogs-cats-golden-retriever-and-new-friends-3ds
https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/nintendogs-cats-french-bulldog-new-friends-3ds

Nintendogs-Boxes.jpg

All three games are now on the Nintendo eShop.

$19.99 for each version. Dogs/cats are identical across all versions, what animals you start with depend on the version you play.

40% off coupon for French Bulldog and New Friends for 400 Platinum Points (you might as well spend them on something) at MyNintendo, brings the price down to $11.99.

https://my.nintendo.com/rewards/77866f2d23a1ca44

SI_3DS_NintendogsAndCats_image1600w.jpg

A demo of nintendogs+cats can be downloaded from the Nintendo eShop's title information page for the Golden Retriever & New Friends version of the game. In the demo, you can choose to play with dogs from all three versions of nintendogs+cats (golden retriever, toy poodle, and French bulldog).

nintendogs puppies are back in the palm of your hand on the Nintendo 3DS system, with even cuter and more expressive puppies and, for the first time, kittens! The fun from the original nintendogs game returns, with multiple breeds to choose from, accessories for your puppies and kittens to wear, and the ability to let your puppies and kittens train and compete in different challenges and activities.

Who's a good boy?! You're a good boy! Yes, you are! if old.

Last edited:

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, guilt trip: I just remembered I still have the DS game, which means my poor dog from... uh, 2005 is probably covered in fleas and feces now.

Nintendo did not program them with the mercy of death.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
At first I was about to throw a small inner fit at seeing that only the French Bulldog version had the discount, but then I realized that that version had a husky, dalmatian and yorkie!

Now I'm glad that Nintendo chose the right version.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
... was there any good reason why they were not available digitally day 1, and further to that like why are they there now if it's taken so long?

Must have been some dumb reason or such.

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Uh, weird. I just bought this recently on cart. Weird to go back and play Nintendo's early DS-aping titles like Nintendogs and Brain Age on 3DS. It feels pretty much exactly like the DS game except they made walking your dog less interesting, really.

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
... was there any good reason why they were not available digitally day 1, and further to that like why are they there now if it's taken so long?

I think they probably released before Nintendo was releasing full titles on the eShop? That didn't start until a bit farther into the 3DS lifespan.

Still weird to see now though.

They didn't add retail game downloads to the 3DS eShop until over a year after the system launched (NSMB2 was the first), and even then, availability for titles was spotty at best. The 3DS eShop was kinda half-assed.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Thanks for the info above ^ :)

I didn't know that, but it's not really surprising in hindsight. The 3DS as a whole was a mess in 2011 really all things considered.

1upmuffin

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this was on the eshop at one point, then removed without any noted reason, then recently (couple months ago I think), brought back to the eshop.

Agent_J

Oct 30, 2017
I already have this game digitally on my 3DS, so it was for sure at one point already available (US eShop).

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
I can't imagine why there would be, but are there any Switch games that are physical only?

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
It boggles my mind that Nintendo's entire first party catalogue of DS and 3DS titles aren't available digitally. Look at Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver, those physical copies go for insane prices nowadays, why isn't Nintendo reaping full profits with digital versions?

Oct 26, 2017
Just got it, but I also found something of interest on My Nintendo:

Nintendo actually has TWO Platinum coin 40% off offers for Picross 3D Round 2.

Since I had loads of Platinum coins that I never use, I redeemed both coupons.

Here's what I got:

nintendosmkil.png

And upon trying to buy the game:

nintendo-2d0j94.png

So yeah.

If you look, each coupon has a different expiry date. I guess that explains the "difference", only one is 600 coins and the other was 400 coins.

So this should help anyone curious; they don't stack! :P Heard this was true for birthday ones as well if any are shared with existing My Nintendo coupons.

So I took the plunge, so you didn't have to! :P