• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
It all stems from a datamine dating back to 2019 - which revealed four emulators inside Nintendo's NES app. While the purpose of the remaining emulators still hasn't been revealed, both Nate and his co-host 'MVG' believe the third one 'Hiyoko' is likely for "Game Boy and Game Boy Color" titles.

Nintendo Life has also confirmed with its own sources that Game Boy and Game Boy Color titles are likely coming to the Switch Online service "really soon".

Source

Searched GameBoy and Game Boy and it didn't come up, but close if old.

Could September be the month Mole Mania finds its way to the Switch?

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Well September is the yearly expiration for NSO so they tend to release something big for that month to keep people in the ecosystem (Except last year, guess they were banking on people requiring it for their Animal Crossing during the lockdown) so it's possible.

Just Game Boy and Game Boy Colour is dry though. I at least want Game Boy Advance.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Modern Nintendo portables just aren't advanced enough to play GBA games I guess. OG GBA stays winning.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
No GBA?
disappointed-laugh.gif

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo's seen the retro game cart prices recently and wanted a slice of that action?

Jokes aside, let's hope the selection isn't terrible. It'd be wicked if we got some newly localized titles along the way too but maybe that's asking for too much.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
GBC lineup should be depressing to look at. Oracle titles, SMB Deluxe, Wario Land 3... No Kirby due to gyro, no Rare games and almost no third party stuff (3DS VC only had Prince of Persia and Megaman IIRC)

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
I'd only care about GBA, and seeing Nintendo is remaking stuff like Advance Wars makes me thing it's not happening.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I swear Nintendo be trolling. They sitting on such a catalog any IP older would kill their families for and they do LESS than nothing with them.

Rellodex

Oct 29, 2017
I don't care how we're just going to get stuff like Penguin Wars, this actually has me hyped.

I remember seeing so many Gameboy titles as a kid that I could never have/afford and I'd love to be able to browse box art again.

It's a bummer Nintendo has cooled off so much to offering their back catalog, but it obviously has been working out for them so whatever.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Can't think of many GB of GBC games I want to replay.

But there are tons of SNES games I would love to see on the service.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
One step at a time, folks. We'll get N64 games 2 years from now, and then we'll get GBA another 3 years from that. Nintendo is a slow elephant.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
I get that this comes first before N64 and GBA but man, these games aren't anything great.

At least I'll finally finish SML1/2 and Wario Land.

Hentz

The Fallen
Mar 9, 2018
I want N64 first :(

The Mario Collection really ruined the changes for a N64 on Switch Online, didn't it?

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
GBC lineup should be depressing to look at. Oracle titles, SMB Deluxe, Wario Land 3... No Kirby due to gyro, no Rare games and almost no third party stuff (3DS VC only had Prince of Persia and Megaman IIRC)

Well, as far as Nintendo owned stuff is concerned, there was the DKC demake on GBC, as well as the Japan only version of Donkey Kong Land 3 lol

RadioJoNES

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Guess we gotta settle with Mole Mania for the next 4 years.

Oscarzx n

May 24, 2018
Santiago, Chile
It's:
Oracles
Mario Golf and Tennis
Wario Land 3
Game and Watch Gallery 3 and 4
Bionic Commando Elite Forces
Mario DX
Pokémon Crystal
The GBC port of Cruis'n Exotica which they have never re released
The GBC remake of Crystalis which they have also never re released
Some Game Boy games with Color version like Wario Land 2

SuperHans

Oct 27, 2017
I was thinking about this just today. How has it taken so long. They had it all set up in the 3DS it should have been a quick port job.

Starlightmuse

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 27, 2017
is it too much to ask for a man to be able to play megaman battle network on their switch

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Honestly just GB/GBC is kinda disappointing since the chance of many 3rd parties are pretty slim. Throw in the Pokémon games at least.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Yeah the GB and GBC combined have a really strong library of content Nintendo can drop even without 3rd party titles. They may also get some more 3rd party offerings from companies like Capcom who may allow the MM GB1-5 and Xtreme games on the service since they seem to have no plans for a collection of those titles.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Eh I still don't think we'd get GB/C without advance, just a more rounded package that way. More because what the Advance is missing first party than the other way around

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, gyro controls don't really disqualify games here even if they make them less likely since Joycons do have gyro controls anyways so it's absolutely workable so long as Nintendo is willing to put in the extra effort with the emulation