• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
What are the million sellers?
  1. Mario Odyssey
  2. Mario Kart
  3. Breath of the Wild
  4. Splatoon 2
  5. 1 2 Switch
  6. ARMS
  7. Kirby
  8. Xenoblade
  9. FE Warriors
  10. Mario+Rabbids
  11. Pokken
  12. ???

Oct 26, 2017
Someone guess the 12 Million sellers.

(what's 15m units supposed to mean...)

Here's 10 out of 12 as of March 31st:

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/software/index.html

Super Mario Odyssey - 10.41m
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 9.22m
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 8.48m
Splatoon 2 - 6.02m
1-2 Switch - 2.29m
ARMS - 1.85m
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - 1.31m
Kirby Star Allies - 1.26m
Pokken Tournament DX - 1.16m (overseas only)
Fire Emblem Warriors - over 1 million

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Praying they announce labo was a long April fool's joke and they burn a labo coffin

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they're holding back on another mini announcement until after the NES restock have some time on their own.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Praying they announce labo was a long April fool's joke and they burn a labo coffin
rBhcUe1.png

Please point on this Labo Man where Nintendo hurt you. This extensive chip on your shoulder cannot be healthy.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
My predictions:

• Kimishima will deliver the final address before handing the CEO reign over to Furukawa.
  • Will announce sales about 3DS and how it is growing at least north of 8% year over year, and it's not stopping. It's just slightly decreasing...
  • Reflects upon Nintendo Switch, and how it has surpassed the first half of 2017, when sales are aligned by date.
  • Perhaps the more intriguing point would be to what it may announce about Nintendo's Third Pillar strategy that Furukawa lay out. Maybe it might go further into detail about this?
  • Slightly anticipating some news about cross play, and how it will tie into Switch Online. Maybe other information about Switch Online will be revealed, such as an upcoming Direct session some time in July/August before September?
  • At this point, I do not expect the Q&A session to be filled with strange questions. They will be more serious and dead-to-the-point, given that it will be targeting towards Furukawa, and how he will steer the ship.

Vagabond

Oct 26, 2017
United States
I know there is definitely going to be a SNES Classic followup, but part of me thinks they should combine the N64 and Gamecube eras, or skip them both and go directly to the Wii Classic. Wii could probably still coexist in the market to some degree with the other consoles, and it would be a monster in sales if they position it the same way they did the Classic systems beforehand.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
I know there is definitely going to be a SNES Classic followup, but part of me thinks they should combine the N64 and Gamecube eras, or skip them both and go directly to the Wii Classic. Wii could probably still coexist in the market to some degree with the other consoles, and it would be a monster in sales if they position it the same way they did the Classic systems beforehand.
Imagine if the Wii Classic had online and continued VC support.

Zyrokai

Nov 1, 2017
Columbus, Ohio

No. Omg no! Don't you want a cute N64 with the original controller reproduced to sit next to the other two?!

Deleted member 42221

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 16, 2018
Imagine if the Wii Classic had online and continued VC support.
The idea of a wii classic is weirdly tantalising to me. Maybe it's longing for childhood innocence and days where I didn't have to worry about suicidal thoughts constantly, but having a little box with the Wii ____ series, the Mario Galaxies, the Zelda games, Super Paper Mario, Xenoblade, Kirby's Epic Yarn, and other great games sounds really nice and relaxing.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
You guys think that ARMS & Xenoblade 2 will cross 2 million units this quarter?

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
Theres like 8 games worth revisiting on the N64 and half of that on the GC, IMO.
You could have a pretty decent lineup with some fun multiplayer games.

Super Mario 64
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
Mario Kart 64
Paper Mario
Mario Party (2)
Mario Tennis/Golf
Star Fox 64
F-Zero X
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Super Smash Bros.
Donkey Kong 64 (has been VC)
Pokemon Snap
Wave Race 64
1080 Snowboarding
Pilotwings 64

16 seems like a reasonable number with 20 on SNES Classic. And this is assuming no Rare games other than DK64.