• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't care less about Animal Crossing, so if it's the big showcase game for 20-30 min, I will feel the pain of those who couldn't care less about Smash Bros last year. Fair enough.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
1 minute for Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, Pokemon, Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing, and everything else that's been confirmed.
39 minutes for the Master Chief Collection Port:
9 minutes for Halo 1
10 minutes for Halo 2
10 minutes for Halo 3
10 minutes for Halo Reach

Halo 5 and Halo 4 need not apply.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
40 minutes is a very good number. Just don't spend too much of it on Animal Crossing, please, show us updates on other stuff and new titles as well.
I couldn't care less about Animal Crossing, so if it's the big showcase game for 20-30 min, I will feel the pain of those who couldn't care less about Smash Bros last year. Fair enough.
Yeah I'm really hoping this isn't the case. The time when I could enjoy Animal Crossing thoroughly has long gone, that game simply requires too much of your time and at different hours. It's perfect for kids and old people though, I'll say as much.

RPG_Fanatic

Oct 25, 2017
40 minutes lines up with the average run time of these directs. It is so close now. Only a few more days.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The expected running time for these by now.

Show me a good time, Nintendo.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
30 seconds for Doug Bowser to unveil the Bowser pun he's been working on
39 minutes and 30 seconds devoted to an advanced combat techniques tutorial for the Wonderful 101 Switch port, shadow dropping immediately after the show

Oct 25, 2017
40 minutes is a very good number. Just don't spend too much of it on Animal Crossing, please, show us updates on other stuff and new titles as well.

Yeah I'm really hoping this isn't the case. The time when I could enjoy Animal Crossing thoroughly has long gone, that game simply requires too much of your time and at different hours. It's perfect for kids and old people though, I'll say as much.
This is me

fleet

Jan 2, 2019
30 minutes of animal crossing and it's getting released tomorrow. anything less than this and i'm going to lose my mind

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's probably far too late to expect any Odyssey DLC, so I'm hoping for a sequel announcement. I think we may even see a new Zelda teaser, but I'm thinking that'll have to wait 'till next E3.

I wonder if they sneak in a new Smash character reveal as well.

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Getting a really bad feeling based on nothing that we aren't going to be seeing Animal Crossing on Tuesday

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
In my perfect world, it's 30 minutes of Animal Crossing, 9 minutes of Luigi, and 1 minute of Fire Emblem.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
30 minutes about Smash again, lol. Nintendo-Era is interested in that, right?

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
That's a solid 40 minutes. This year there will be:

- No 3DS content
- No Smash Bros Ultimate "Everyone is Here!" segment

So what will some of y'all complain about this year? 🤔

banter

Jan 12, 2018
Jokes aside... At least 5 minutes will be dedicated to the new Smash DLC character.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Give me profiles on every single animal villager, Nintendo. You know you want to. 40 minutes isn't nearly enough for Animal Crossing alone.

The Boat

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly, I don't really care if they spend too much time on one game. We get Directs all the time, E3 hasn't been the end all be all for Nintendo in many years.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
after about a decade, this one really feels like an e3 where nintendo's going to really bring it.

-years of videos instead of conferences no longer feels like nintendo 'gave up', and state of play helps normalize them too
-sony is not in attendance
-microsoft and nintendo are buddy-buddy these days anyway so there's really not much on the competition side of things
-xb1 and ps4 are winding down, and nothing to show yet for the xb4 or ps5.
-nsw is basically hitting its stride in 2019 and 2020

2010 was the last mega e3 from them, with a new zelda, donkey kong (eh), goldeneye. ds was still around and 3ds seemed like it was going to be rad. 2017 was pretty good, and mostly a surprise to see the company fighting back from its poor status of more than half a decade. all the others were generally okay or... less than that.

Honestly this is why I'm concerned. It's when the fans expect something 'for sure' that we are disappointed.

That said, it could still be a retrospectively great direct, but it may not hit all the expectations people have (MS collab games, 3rd party games, and AC making it in 2019)

Their January 2017 Switch press conference was retrospectively seen as one of their best despite initial reaction being poor due to 'locked' $250 pricing turning out to be wrong.

This may be the case this year. People here expect lots of MS-Nintendo announcements, Witcher 3, and AC making it in 2019. If all 3 turned out to be wrong, and MS brings Ori plus a few remasters but not Banjo, no xcloud and witcher 3 was fake and AC gets delayed to 2020, the rest of the content could be great and you'd expect half the posters crying about how bad E3 was for Nintendo.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly this is why I'm concerned. It's when the fans expect something 'for sure' that we are disappointed.

That said, it could still be a retrospectively great direct, but it may not hit all the expectations people have (MS collab games, 3rd party games, and AC making it in 2019)

Their January 2017 Switch press conference was retrospectively seen as one of their best despite initial reaction being poor due to 'locked' $250 pricing turning out to be wrong.

if they don't reveal pandora's tower hd i think people will see this as a failure