• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Previously, there were rumblings from various 'insiders' that the direct would be 45 minutes but now we've got official confirmation from the NicoNicoLive page for the direct that just went up. It's approximately 40 minutes, so around the same as last year's direct. Considering there's no big showcase game this year, I'm hoping it's a lot more evenly spread than last year's direct.

SotB05k.png

Last edited:

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
is that going to be enough time to cover all the features in animal crossing?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
damn spoilers, now how can I enjoy the direct knowing when its about to end?

I kid I kid :3

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
is that going to be enough time to cover all the features in animal crossing?

We need to run through each villager and what changes have been made to them from the last game. 40 minutes just isn't long enough.
In all seriousness, I doubt we'll see much more than 5 minutes of AC. Enough to outline what's new, show off some gameplay and give the release date.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
after about a decade, this one really feels like an e3 where nintendo's going to really bring it.

-years of videos instead of conferences no longer feels like nintendo 'gave up', and state of play helps normalize them too
-sony is not in attendance
-microsoft and nintendo are buddy-buddy these days anyway so there's really not much on the competition side of things
-xb1 and ps4 are winding down, and nothing to show yet for the xb4 or ps5.
-nsw is basically hitting its stride in 2019 and 2020

2010 was the last mega e3 from them, with a new zelda, donkey kong (eh), goldeneye. ds was still around and 3ds seemed like it was going to be rad. 2017 was pretty good, and mostly a surprise to see the company fighting back from its poor status of more than half a decade. all the others were generally okay or... less than that.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
Every year we talk about how long it is, and every year it's not indicative of much at all.

The things people want to see; the hype dragon they're chasing? Those segments will take like 2 minutes tops.

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US
No More Heroes 3
Fire Emblem Three Houses
Astral Chain
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3

Let's go.

Edit: Corrected by the GreatMightyPoo.

Evil Lucario

Feb 16, 2019
after about a decade, this one really feels like an e3 where nintendo's going to really bring it.

-years of videos instead of conferences no longer feels like nintendo 'gave up', and state of play helps normalize them too
-sony is not in attendance
-microsoft and nintendo are buddy-buddy these days anyway so there's really not much on the competition side of things
-xb1 and ps4 are winding down, and nothing to show yet for the xb4 or ps5.
-nsw is basically hitting its stride in 2019 and 2020

2010 was the last mega e3 from them, with a new zelda, donkey kong (eh), goldeneye. ds was still around and 3ds seemed like it was going to be rad. 2017 was pretty good, and mostly a surprise to see the company fighting back from its poor status of more than half a decade. all the others were generally okay or... less than that.

I thought 2014 was a damn good year. Everything else though, yeah.

digit_zero

Oct 27, 2017
40 minutes of Animal Crossing sounds great Nintendo thanks - but if I am being too greedy I'll live with 35 minutes of AC and 5 minutes whatever other people care about

NeoPancho

Nov 3, 2017
I just hope they will leave any long gameplay explanation to the Treehouse Live and don't waste most of the time with a single game in the Direct!.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
And we got confirmation of a new Smash character reveal in the invitational, this is going to be DELICIOUS.

Oct 25, 2017

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
As long as Animal Crossing is in there, I'm good.