• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
It's looking to be an incredible year for Nintendo releases, and we're only about to enter the release of March. At E3 Nintendo is pretty great with announcements that release before the end of the year too, so we should even expect more to be added to this list, and release before 2023.

Of course, any of these could be delayed into 2023, which some are expecting that to happen to BotW 2 or Bayonetta 3.

Anyways, the amount of releases for the Switch by the end of the year is outstanding.

Pokémon Legends Arceus (already out)
Kirby and the Forgotten Land (March)
Triangle Strategy (March)
Advance Wars 1+2 Re-boot Camp (April)
Nintendo Switch Sports (April)
Mario Strikers Battle League (June)
Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes (June)
Live A Live (July)
Splatoon 3 (Summer)
Xenoblade 3 (September)
Pokémon Scarlet and Violet (Holiday 2022)
Mario + Rabbids 2 Sparks of Hope (2022)
Bayonetta 3 (2022)
Zelda Breath of the Wild 2 (2022)

I am probably missing something, but regardless this is a really solid year for switch software, and E3 hasn't even happened yet.

Last edited:

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Meh to each thier own I guess. That seems like a rather unappealing lineup to me.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm kind of shocked that Kirby looks like it could genuinely be GOTY material for me.

Like I'm not even much of a Kirby fan, but that game looks stellar. The hype and anticipation for a 3D Kirby feels like it's finally paying off, and they're playing their cards right from the looks of it.

Kingpin722

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe they're trying to ease the anger for when the release Switch Pro just a year after new hardware.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
Pokemon, BOTW2, Kirby, Xenoblade, Splatoon, FE Three Hopes, Bayonetta, Klonoa, Live a Live, Triangle Strategy, Blossom Tales, DQ3 Remake, Rune Factory, Advance Wars...

2022, can you just...chill?

rewkol

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Man factoring in other companies release schedules, and my propinquity to long RPGs, this last half of 2022 is probably going to fuel my backlog well into next year

Oct 25, 2017
Consolidation of that handheld & home console development continuing to pay off!

I definitely think it'll be one of their most impressive Switch years if everything hits.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
At this point, I don't think BotW2 is coming this year.

EDIT: Also Mario + Rabbids 2, I think Nate mentioned that was facing some development issues.

Last edited:

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I was saying the same thing after seeing XC3 announced. The year is gonna be too jam packed with hits, but perhaps it's still possible
Between Xenoblade 3 in September, Scarlet/Violet in Late 2022 (likely November), that new mainline Fire Emblem game Emily & Nate mentioned, and Bayonetta 3, there's not much room to fit BotW2 into the 2022 schedule.

If anything, this further proves the OP's point.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
If they can get out BotW2 and Pokémon this year, Nintendo is going to own the holiday yet again.

They're going to have so much mindshare it's insane. Imagine BotW2 dropping in October swiftly followed by Gen 9 pokemon in November. Peppered with Xenoblade 3 and Bayonetta 3 as well.

Telamon

Banned
May 25, 2020
Unbelievable year, with more to be announced.

And that's with me pessimistically assuming BotW2 won't make it.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Between Xenoblade 3 in September, Scarlet/Violet in (likely) November, that new mainline Fire Emblem game Emily & Nate mentioned, and Bayonetta 3, there's not much room to fit BotW2 into the 2022 schedule.

If anything, this further proves the OP's point.
I'd see FE getting pushed back sooner than BotW2.

We already have a Fire Emblem game this year and it's not even a yearly series, we still don't have a Zelda game announced other than BotW2 and it IS.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
i'll be buying switch sports, pokemon violet, breath of the wild 2.

OP
OP
criteriondog

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Shoutouts to Klonoa as well, in July. I didn't include it because it isn't being published by Nintendo (just releasing first on Switch), but I am 10000% getting it. Love those games. I was so happy when it was announced.

Zero83

Oct 29, 2017
Oslo
I think Live a Live is published by Nintendo in the West, like Triangle Strategy. Not a major release, but still.

Let's not forget that 48 tracks are being added to MK8, starting soon.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Two major open world Pokémon games, a 3D Kirby, Advance Wars (Advance Wars!) and Mario Strikers (Mario Strikers!) revivals, an honest-to-goodness Wii Sports successor, a Splatoon, a Xenoblade, Triangle Strategy and Live a Live for the classic RPG nerds, new Mario Kart tracks, and (oh yeah) the sequel to Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild?

Acceptable, I guess. They could do better.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
BotW2 isn't and never was going to release in 2022. It'll be timed to colaunch with Switch 2 (2023 or 2024) and I'll take any avatar bet in the world on this. Nintendo isn't looking at sales numbers for Zelda and seeing the unbroken streak of launch Zeldas doing gangbusters and late console Zeldas flopping and saying "let's send this 5+ year dev cycle game to die."

That said, Nintendo's 2022 looks great because their 2021 sucked because the 2020 pandemic pushed the 2021 games into 2022, if that makes sense.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
switch might come real close to topping DS + PS2.

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
Even if not all of them appeal to me it's a great lineup for sure. Been a few leaner years for the switch after going crazy out of the gate, but it's ramping up again now. Still waiting for Metroid Prime 4 news though

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The only one I'm really hyped for is BOTW2 and there's no guarantee it will come this year. It still looks like a solid line up if you're interested in most of the sequels. I wish Nintendo hadn't abandoned non-Mario Kart racing games.