• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Geobros

Dec 31, 2018
super-mario-3d-all-stars.jpg

So, here is the list of top 40 games for UK the last week. Unfortunately, we don't have details about the numbers. I will update this article with more informations when Gamesindustry publish their article.

Just to let you know that 8 games of 40 have Mario as protagonist. Also 16 games of 40 have Nintendo as publisher in Europe.

www.gamesindustry.biz

Super Mario 3D All-Stars beats Avengers to No.1 | UK Charts

After two weeks at the top of the UK charts, the Avengers have been knocked down by another superhero: Mario, as Super …

1 SUPER MARIO 3D ALL-STARS
2 MARVEL'S AVENGERS
3 ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW HORIZONS
4 TONY HAWK'S PRO SKATER 1 + 2
5 MARIO KART 8 DELUXE
6 WWE 2K BATTLEGROUNDS
7 MINECRAFT
8 MINECRAFT DUNGEONS
9 EFOOTBALL PES 2021 SEASON UPDATE
10 GRAND THEFT AUTO V

Last edited:

mentallyinept

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I loved going through SM64 for 120 stars over the weekend for the first time in 15 years, purchase was worth it just for that.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Mario Galaxy HD is the best game of 2020 so it makes sense.

I'm not even joking, Mario Galaxy is seriously that good.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't really care about all the whining about a lack of effort, I had a blast playing this on the weekend and will continue to. It's cool as hell seeing something like this blast up the charts in 2020.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Galaxy and Galaxy alone makes it worth the price tag

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Fun to see Crash N.Sane Trilogy in the top 40 still.

Also fun to say that it'll be in the top 40 longer than Mario All Stars since you will still be able to buy it in 6 months.

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
Looking at that top 10 makes me happy. As a Brit I have often considered the UK Sony territory and Nintendo faded in relevancy for a number of years. Great stuff.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
As Miyamoto would say at 11pm back in the day...

...it's Mario Time.

Cubo

May 14, 2018
Mario 3D All Stars is also the third biggest launch of the year in UK behind TLOU2 and AC as per Chris. Not sure if no.3 was GoT with 77k? So it should be between 77k and 95k.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's kinda crazy that this dude mario is still insanely relevant and popular decades later.

A few years ago there were some arguing mario was over and Minecraft and fortnite were the new thing and mario was only going down.

I don't know what the value of Mario is but I'm not sure you will ever see an IP like it again.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's kinda crazy that this dude mario is still insanely relevant and popular decades later.

A few years ago there were some arguing mario was over and Minecraft and fortnite were the new thing and mario was only going down.

I don't know what the value of Mario is but I'm not sure you will ever see an IP like it again.

Remember when Knack was bigger than Mario?

Radline

Oct 28, 2017

I recall the time when Angry Birds at its peak was being compared to Mario.

waugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Feb 21, 2020
Looking at that top 10 makes me happy. As a Brit I have often considered the UK Sony territory and Nintendo faded in relevancy for a number of years. Great stuff.

I knew they were back on top when completly unprompted my Tesco delivery driver asked me if I was getting Breath of the Wild too

KepperC

Jul 17, 2020
I've asked a colleague to pull a Nielsen SoundScan report for me. Not scientific but will give an idea of what the most popular game is.

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
Decent result then.

Sunshine is still not good. Though it was worth bringing it back for that "I'm a Chuckster!" Lion King gif in the other thread.