• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

storaføtter

Oct 26, 2017
Finally got a code yesterday. Only tried a bit now. I see what people mean with Nioh 1.5. Will definitely wait on this game when it releases as I got burned out by the last dlc (not that great maps).

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Sounds like they didn't mess with the core Nioh experience. I'm really glad they didn't listen to everyone trying to turn this series into something else. Disappointing to hear the graphics did not improve as that would be my number one ask.

Hakimy

Nov 9, 2017
Is there a skill to kill enemies from behind? Cus i couldn't find it in any skill tree unless i missed it.

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
It's been long enough for me, and combined with the fact that I had to skip DLC, that I feel like I won't even mind it being 1.5 that much.

Neither do I mind,but since the asset reuse will be heavy,I demand great improvements on the weaknesses of the previous game,like repetitive enemy and level design,refining the loot system etc.

A reskin of Nioh 1 won't just do the trick

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody knows if PS+ is required for anything in the Alpha? I got a code but I'm not PS+ member anymore so I don't want to waste the code on my account.

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Tip for Ippon-Datara: Pretty sure if you hit it while it's airborne it instantly breaks its ki. This enemy is really fun so far.

Thoughts on dual hatchets so far:
Pretty fun! I'm noticing some issues with attacks missing for no reason. Like the mid stance Square > Triangle combo finisher whiffs completely if terrain is not perfectly flat. Same for some of the axe throws. Definitely including that in my feedback.

Minor dissapointment: It seems they changed dodge to activate on button release instead of button press. I guess this was done to prevent the dodge at the start when you tried to run, but that was never a bad thing really, and this just adds some extra frames of delay on your dodge input. I'd like to see an option to go back to how it was in Nioh 1 or just change it back.

Sheath cancelling is still a thing! So far I haven't noticed that they took out any tech that I used, so that's good!

Beating the first mission, like the others said, nothing changes so much from the first game. It definitely still fun hack and slashing enemies. The enemies pretty varied too, the first boss is a bit hard even when I had the experience with the first game on highest difficulty. It's harder now to build op ninjutsu guy in early game, since you no longer given ninjutsu point by leveling your dexterity, you need to use the item that give you ninjutsu point, I guess they're trying to balance the game. Gonna try the second mission after taking a break first.

malrock

Oct 26, 2017
North Carolina
Got an email invite last night while I was watching Brightburn. Had a chance to play this morning, yep it's definitely more Nioh.
D7VpZ27XsAAzpIW.jpg:large

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Finished all the missions including the twilight one, so good, Nioh's combat is truly unmatched.

Also quick change is nerfed? It's duration is short now, I see sloth is still there but haven't unlocked it yet.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a reward for completing it like there was in the original Alpha and Beta? Or was that just the beta?

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
I'm loving it, but it does seem like the Nioh 1.5 people are saying instead of a full new thing. All the additions seem awesome.

My one gripe is they didn't fix my main issue with the first game which is the loot overload, there is still way too much of it.

Ryousuke

Oct 25, 2017
Even if it's "only" Nioh 1.5, don't care, I will play this and I can't wait.
I like the new skill tree, it looks better, maybe better to navigate too.
Annnd reinstalling the first one now :x

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
;_; been playing all night....this is exactly what i needed...you can tell the graphics have had a subtle but nice improvement. skyboxes actually have a sky now as opposed to a single washed out bloom effect with a single color(you can see this in the dojo compared to the previous game)

What i will say, is that i hope they reduce the base stamina consumption rate by 15 to maybe 20%..there were too many times where i went to attack and i was out of stamina, and that's with efficient ki pulsing. In addition i get tripped up a lot by muscle memory when i go to change my item shortcut and weapons...why did they feel the need to reverse how its done compared to the first game?

besides that though? great game. double axes are a blast and sufficiently different from dual swords for example.

I wonder if in the actual game they give you the choice between using the living weapons normally as opposed to fusing with them? the yokai transformation system is pretty cool, but i'd be nice to be able to use both systems at once, and also more than one living weapon in a single fight as well. imagine being able to combine a yokai transformation and a traditional living weapon moveset by switching between the two. my mouth waters just thinking about it

Sonicbug

Oct 26, 2017
The Void, MA
I just fired up the alpha demo and even though the character customization stuff is locked out, it's INSANELY deep from the menus listed, holy crap. TEETH PAINT is its own category! HAIR CURL AMOUNT is an option. People are going to be able to make crazy stuff with this.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I wonder what the story will be about and if we'll get human bosses, the ones in the demo and the gameplay trailer seem to be all demons.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Damn been refreshing this thread like crazy to try to quote in time baha. I hope they send more codes, feeling that desperation!

Elyian

Feb 7, 2018
Yeah, i've sunk in about an hour and half into this so far, and it's pretty baller. The first two levels look pretty great(surprised at the cavern looking as vibrant as it is), really like the new skill tree, the new enemies are great and fun to fight against, really enjoy learning skills from other enemies, and the dual hatchets are really fun to use. My only complaints so far are that there seems to be this weird delay while dodging with the hatchets, and that they also have a super weird hit box with some of their attacks(whiffing a bit too consistently with attacks that should be landing), but overall? Great fun being had. Can't wait to see the final product to see all of the weapons and skills available, and hopefully the enemy variety stays as diverse as it is here in the alpha.
;_; been playing all night....this is exactly what i needed...you can tell the graphics have had a subtle but nice improvement. skyboxes actually have a sky now as opposed to a single washed out bloom effect with a single color(you can see this in the dojo compared to the previous game)

What i will say, is that i hope they reduce the base stamina consumption rate by 15 to maybe 20%..there were too many times where i went to attack and i was out of stamina, and that's with efficient ki pulsing. In addition i get tripped up a lot by muscle memory when i go to change my item shortcut and weapons...why did they feel the need to reverse how its done compared to the first game?

besides that though? great game. double axes are a blast and sufficiently different from dual swords for example.

I wonder if in the actual game they give you the choice between using the living weapons normally as opposed to fusing with them? the yokai transformation system is pretty cool, but i'd be nice to be able to use both systems at once, and also more than one living weapon in a single fight as well. imagine being able to combine a yokai transformation and a traditional living weapon moveset by switching between the two. my mouth waters just thinking about it
I imagine that you'll be able to bump up your ki recovery speeds to crazy levels once you level up courage. Definitely feels slow at the start of the alpha, but leveling it up a bit and equipping gear that grants a boost in ki recovery speeds mitigates that by a lot. It would be cool if you could alternate between living weapon and the yokai transformations though, can't imagine it would be that hard to just bring them back from the first game.

GOOCHY

Oct 29, 2017
I got an invite and redeemed it but I can't find where to download it!

Nevermind - I logged into the website and pulled up the download list. Just did it from there.