• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 37303

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 2, 2018
Try Movie mode, I'm just glad it's got HDR, And to be fair the lighting is way better and the shines off the armor/Weapons.
Eh, I'm sucker for 60FPS. I will say it does look better in Movie Mode but I was just shocked with how rough it seemed in Action Mode.
?? this looks notably better than the original in terms of color palette and environmental detail...lighting especially is improved
I'm talking about character models and equipment. So many jaggies. And it just has this kind of blurry look to it. I feel like there's vaseline on my screen. Like I'm watching a 90's Barbara Walters special or something. Some areas seem to make it standout more than others. The UI looks nice and crisp at least. Again, this is just in action mode in 4K. Movie mode looks pretty good. I'm sure it will be better by release though.

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
The create a character models are actually really well done, Far better than Dark Souls types of offerings. Each to there own and all that though, I was impressed visually by most of it.

My only gripe is whether i am happy with the change to the living weapon ability.

Res

Oct 25, 2017
The create a character models are actually really well done, Far better than Dark Souls types of offerings. Each to there own and all that though, I was impressed visually by most of it.

My only gripe is whether i am happy with the change to the living weapon ability.

I'm playing in action mode, but I think the environments look a bit rough, especially in areas in the distance. Character models look very good, however. So pretty much in line with the first game

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
The character models are good and also hawt, but I resent not being able to make a custom dude in the character creator.

Those facial presets are really good though, from what I can tell.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Holy fuck is action mode hideous. I'll typically take FPS over resolution but I can't do this pixelated shit. Oh well, 30 FPS it is.

This shit is basically the same ass Nioh, but with these cool ass hatchets. Good enough sequel to me.

Really digging the enemy variety here. The new yokai enemies are pretty cool, even the ones that got reused got some visual updates. Also the gallery is a gangster feature that I wish more games had. You don't get a good look at bosses when you're trying not to die, so it's nice to be able to get up close and personal with them in the gallery.

I will say, the second boss was a huge pain in the ass.
The hitbox on the head when it's sliding around is a few pixels too big and I got caught by it randomly sometimes, chunking my health down.

Do the gallery unlocked here? I can't seem to find it.

At first I find it hard to target his head until I found out that you can easily stagger him by hitting his hands. Sloth talisman help too since he really like to moving around.

Tomorrow I'll try the twilight mission, so far I'm pretty satisfied with what I got.

Elyian

Feb 7, 2018
They brought back those FUGGIN four sword wielding samurais from the DLC. They yield some great gear, but god damn are they as hard as ever. Can't get over how much fun these hatchets are though, those hatchet throws are amazing.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Idk that's just like saying add easy mode to sekiro imo I know dark souls already have those features ,but I feel like sekiro did it the best by not having any assist or easier mode in a game designed to be hard.
Team Ninja's Ninja Gaiden was designed to be hard too, and it wasn't any less of a game for having the cheekily-titled Ninja Dog mode.

Nobody has any confusion over the fact that the game will bust your nuts if you're not prepared.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I gave purple baby a dung ball and he tried to kill me the little shit. There have been people who would kill for these dung balls and this fuck spat in my face. No honor.

Also, where the guck is the kusarigama and dual swords.

Quick question is sloth talisman still a thing ?

I really hope they remove the thing completely.

Yeah it's still a thing, it help me fight some annoying boss. It's a bit of a chore though to unlock it, since they no longer give you ninjutsu/onmyo point after leveling up Dex/Magic. So you gotta rely on the item that give you the points. Just use them to unlock kunai or talisman, and spam them to get more ninjutsu/onmyo point.

Nov 13, 2017
Do the gallery unlocked here? I can't seem to find it.

At first I find it hard to target his head until I found out that you can easily stagger him by hitting his hands. Sloth talisman help too since he really like to moving around.

Tomorrow I'll try the twilight mission, so far I'm pretty satisfied with what I got.

Thanks for the tip. I haven't unlocked sloth, figured it was actually removed from the game given how broken it was in Nioh 1.

The gallery isn't called gallery, I don't think. But it's in the Starting Point area on the map.

Thanks for the tip. I haven't unlocked sloth, figured it was actually removed from the game given how broken it was in Nioh 1.

The gallery isn't called gallery, I don't think. But it's in the Starting Point area on the map.
Yeah, sloth and weakness talisman is still existed, and they're still pretty op.

Thanks, I'm gonna check them tomorrow, I really wanna see the monsters up close, since I love their design.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Can someone recommend a basic build for someone whose entire Nioh experience consists of playing the tutorial and trying to pick the best handsome daddy to cut people with?

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Beat the first mission and it was so good! A welcome return home after a slight Sekiro detour. Mastering new weapon abilities with those double axes is fun as hell. The first boss attack patterns were pretty funny - double kicking into pillars to drop water and come to a complete stop, and those fire tornado effects were awesome. Just felt properly epic! I feel like I need to relearn High stance switching, I kept forcing myself to rely on it a bit more in the first game.

AmethystEnd

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't read the full thread so maybe these changes are already known, and I already posted these in a couple discord servers so I may as well post it here. I just tried premade co-op for the first time in the demo. Here are the changes from Nioh 1.

1. In Nioh 1, if the co-op gauge drained all the way, you failed the mission and had to restart. Here, it's the same UNLESS your party is at a boss. At a boss, even if people die so much the co-op gauge empties and you can't revive your party any more, as long as one person stays alive and manages to beat the boss, your party succeeds.

2. In Nioh 1, in premade co-op you couldn't use shrines. You could interact with them and get temporary buffs but you couldn't use the shrine menus. You can in Nioh 2. Everyone in the party can level mid mission, do offerings, switch spirits, etc etc.

3, Three player premade co-op is fucking hilariously fun. Nioh 1 only had 2 player premade.

NOTE: Premade co-op refers to co-op through "Expeditions" from the Torii Gate on the world map, not summoning a visitor mid-mission through an Ochoko cup.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't read the full thread so maybe these changes are already known, and I already posted these in a couple discord servers so I may as well post it here. I just tried premade co-op for the first time in the demo. Here are the changes from Nioh 1.

1. In Nioh 1, if the co-op gauge drained all the way, you failed the mission and had to restart. Here, it's the same UNLESS your party is at a boss. At a boss, even if people die so much the co-op gauge empties and you can't revive your party any more, as long as one person stays alive and manages to beat the boss, your party succeeds.

2. In Nioh 1, in premade co-op you couldn't use shrines. You could interact with them and get temporary buffs but you couldn't use the shrine menus. You can in Nioh 2. Everyone in the party can level mid mission, do offerings, switch spirits, etc etc.

3, Three player premade co-op is fucking hilariously fun. Nioh 1 only had 2 player premade.

NOTE: Premade co-op refers to co-op through "Expeditions" from the Torii Gate on the world map, not summoning a visitor mid-mission through an Ochoko cup.
Those are some really solid changes, I didn't expect 3 players co-op too!

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How do I join other people's world ? It only let's me invite others to mine

Zenkuso

Jan 28, 2019
Wish I got a key /cry

Re-installing Nioh 1 on PC because it's eating my soul.

Love a lot of the changes though, keep what matters the same and fix things that didn't quite work.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Wish I got a key /cry

Re-installing Nioh 1 on PC because it's eating my soul.

Love a lot of the changes though, keep what matters the same and fix things that didn't quite work.
Thinking of doing that...after all even if I finished Nioh and DLC1..i've never played DLC2 and DLC3.

jasius

Oct 28, 2017
This Alpha is devilishly awful, I want this game now, and now I'll have to wait until I don't know when.

Badgerst

Oct 27, 2017
Wait no kusigrama (sp) weapon???? Boooo. That was my get down weapon of choice. Maybe in final build??? Maybe survey whining will bring em back...

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
Just beat the twilight mission and had tons of fun. I primarily focused on skill and courage for stats.

As somebody who hasn't played DLC, Odachi is also a new weapon for me, and dang, upper stance shreds fools.

Yeah, it became on of my favorites in the last game. Low stance was relatively quick and with good range. Spent a lot of time with the hatchets in the demo though.

Rai_11

Nov 7, 2017
I was in the original's alpha and beta, and I have the complete edition of the original. Could t get beyond a certain boss (though how hard I tried), but glad to be invited to the sequel's beta. Currently playing Sekiro and loving it, hope they take some inspiration from it.

Caim

Oct 25, 2017
There is hidden items on the world map now too.

If your cursor suddenly turns purple while you're moving it you passed over an item.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
So there's odachi, hatchets and what else? Katana and spear?

Never played the dlc shop getting to try out odachi and hatchets would be cool. If only I had been invited. Has someone used another person's code successfully? Or it's locked to account?

Twilight mission too. I want this alpha. I played every Nioh alpha/beta damn, KT!

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So there's odachi, hatchets and what else? Katana and spear?

Never played the dlc shop getting to try out odachi and hatchets would be cool. If only I had been invited. Has someone used another person's code successfully? Or it's locked to account?

Twilight mission too. I want this alpha. I played every Nioh alpha/beta damn, KT!

Hatchet is a new addition with this game. It's pretty rad. Lot of ranged shit with the throwing.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you to a very kind soul who just gave me a code for Nioh 2. I'll be sure to play it ASAP.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Guess I am not getting that email. Might as well watch someone play the Alpha now. Wanted to wait to play it blind in case I still got lucky but I guess that is not happening.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Almost had the 2nd Boss beat, got them to about half-way and that was without my Guardian spirit. Should be able to beat them tomorrow and then i'll call it a day (I don't mess with the twilight mission stuff).

Jingo

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
wl3atching all these comments and feedback really hurts to those who didnt get a code, its like we are were but we aint part of it, so weird..