• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
;_; shinobi gear looks so damn boss, best outfit in the alpha, come at me

those that blue with red highlights, i have to pan my camera around my character just to admire how awesome the character models look

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Character creator was best decision. Fashion Nioh potential is through the roof. Can't wait to explore the options.

Elyian

Feb 7, 2018
If Kotaro Fuma doesn't appear in this game, we're gonna have a problem KT/TN. You can't give me the Fuma clan set and NOT give me the Kotaro. They'd even be able to push the common rivalry between him and Hanzo. I'd also dig it if they gave him gauntlets like in the Samurai Warriors series, cause we really need a sick hand to hand/martial arts styled weapon. I just want to punch the shit out of some yokai man, that's all i'm asking for. Like just model the stances(Low,Mid, and High) off of DoA characters if you have to, just let me pummel some fools with my fists.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
i appreciate that the revenants AI have been retooled to use randomized techiques and attack patterns. In the original game as soon as you saw an attack string you could easily know when to parry without having to think about it. This keeps it a bit less monotonous and a bit more challenging

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
Been enjoying this a lot so far. Though I do have a question, how do I open the chest with the demon starfish on it in the second area?

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
gave my code to the guy I owe my Nioh addition too. One of those, THIS IS FOR YOU HOMIE moments.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
First person to quote gets a code

HI THERE

giphy.gif

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
Man the first boss is killing me I cannot beat him get him almost to half and I am dead not much long afterwards

AmethystEnd

Oct 26, 2017
I don't have anything but my own experience to go by, but going by how my PS4 Pro's fans go crazy on the Blacksmith screen, and then immediately calm down when I go back to the map, I think they left the framerate uncapped at the Blacksmith again, which will cause people's ps4s to run hot with crazy loud fans.

EVERYONE NEEDS TO LEAVE FEEDBACK ABOUT THIS IN THEIR SURVEY IF THEY NOTICE THEIR PS4 DOING THE SAME.

Carpathia

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone post the link to the survey?. I played the alpha but I didn't get the code directly from Sony, I don't have the link to the survey.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
I've never even played the first one but always wanted to. Life got in the way lol. If anyone has an extra code I'll get your back in a street fight anywhere 24/7. Love.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Really fantastic boss fight, hatchets are very different to the other weapons

thanks again for the code NLCPRESIDENT

You did a really super job on that boss.
I'm still trying to get the timing down with the hatchets (I'm a katana main) and they feel powerful. Plus the added ability to throw them for free ranged damage will be useful. Ki pulse canceling after the throwing chain combo is tricky to do all the time, but I will get it.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
*Sigh*. I really enjoyed the first game, but the Diablo styled loot was a pacing destroyer, and the level design left much to be desired. Doesn't look like from the footage so far that they actually shored up the weakest moments from the first game.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
*Sigh*. I really enjoyed the first game, but the Diablo styled loot was a pacing destroyer, and the level design left much to be desired. Doesn't look like from the footage so far that they actually shored up the weakest moments from the first game.

I will say it seems they've toned down the loot a bit? You still get plenty, but I never felt like I was overflowing in it like in the base game.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I will say it seems they've toned down the loot a bit? You still get plenty, but I never felt like I was overflowing in it like in the base game.

Well, any bit helps I suppose. Just in the footage I ended up watching (which wasn't a ton, since I don't want that much spoiled), I just kept seeing yellow+purple+white+white explosions. If I had to guess, at least 90% of what dropped (which was a lot) was just turned into smithing materials in the first game. Seeing just materials drop might be "boring", but it does away with the needless time in the inventory.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I beat the first boss. It took a bit and once I realized I had my equipment weight too high, I was able to beat him.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I will say this being a prequel is kind of weird since the DLC for Nioh 1 left it on a cliff hanger... Unless I'm remembering wrong. Didn't the lady from Spain escape?

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Loving the alpha so far. I was in the alpha for the first one too, but this one plays much better, IMO. So far I got to the second shrine and I'm looking forward to pushing on ahead. I have really got to play the first one after this.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Getting my ass handed to me, even after 200 hours played on Nioh 1.

Feels so weird having to rewire my brain after playing so much Sekiro. It's funny that it took me so much to unlearn mashing dodge in Sekiro and now I have to realearn how to dodge through enemy attacks again.

It's also interesting playing a low level character again, without a ton of skills, magic, ninjitsu and the like. The thing with playing Nioh in Way of the Demon and beyond is that you can easily become really dependent on gear and gimmicks instead of skill. And I'm definitely feeling that with a low level character. Game's keeping me honest!

Went with my bae Odachi and I'm slowly unlocking skills. The tap block to counter with a tackle is new, right? The timing feels pretty difficult. Practiced with some revenants and had a lot of fun.

At least my muscle memory for Ki-fluxing seems to be intact.

Last edited: