• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AnderITA

Feb 18, 2018
i9aC9rB2BtdHCVUtfAs7DGkorZJDC4oyXLdEw2bzHA751EGmrNINk6kynL_Ig0RQXW5HuZwa9s5dNyYAw4yw8AJwNe1eRt5K4qG2CNJ3xxSfW8OZXRDpYRL2iSKEjsrl110quibSaIRAtucLECmAREVt8geZsJI04p7w0JxWuSZzUKulzASGzE0LNg-sDT3TEtDu43qMYjQ4gJLk6SBJJNWnLP86nrY9nSKry6U5UboLbG6qoAWoXyo3f9tAVaiMG78-G4KAsqS86TodKoi6ewmu_E5k_mVFetFoWWqGNfxUnKs6dG0Rg57dZZFJfUO-xu9xMwODSuNAN-gFNf2hHORhC6n5WDBITrGf9SSxexsdaXSsXRIF6rIKcgQgHRUac4rbTo1DPosESG7nN5vSga6B1WJOFP35mW0oUQ3a31dfizRW74z7RUDlxRGQS93w5DWJNu1PUZerNzEB0Ki0rdjUaRrmXkZTuEWZONJh0V4S6ZpH36-H-mTWMKyQYRsAXYwwD3nEx8qctQkqSDlC-KxQ9j7pLOzIe3p71LKcnBJFubMZdhtWJ60zSAMzI_QFhYAXvrB-_P12kc7imGUoF5-R1iHY6PhM4aQ-qaNnI9yUpvNpfHO4jTq_HFhFhamKfjko5CYhE-hDD-QbuqI33X8XRetfrLM=w800-h394-no
dat outfit!

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I probably won't be able to play this until Monday at the earliest but nonetheless, if someone has code... PM me plz? ;v;

Kraken3dfx

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
Noticed I have a US key sitting in my email, I'm not going to have time to use it, first person to respond with a picture of a katana drawn in MS Paint can have it.

Yiepekaiyei

Nov 20, 2017
Brazil
Performance mode is the way to go. I was playing locked 30 fps and getting my ass whooped. The timing of rolls never clicked. It got a lot better when on performance mode.

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
Performance mode is the way to go. I was playing locked 30 fps and getting my ass whooped. The timing of rolls never clicked. It got a lot better when on performance mode.
Absolutely. I tried out movie mode after playing in performance mode and it didn't feel great. My monitor doesn't upscale too well so I looks a bit rough but I think the smoothness is worth it.

LAM09

Oct 25, 2017
Only real gripe I have is, the looting/inventory. They really need to change it up during this process, as it's a mess.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Am I the only one having trouble with snake boss? Jesus christ

Nioh ultraveteran here. No its not just you. They are probably going to retune that boss based on the feedback. I was having more trouble than i expected as well.

The first boss was just right in terms of balance, the second one not so much..

Still nothing a bit of slight grinding and weapon matching couldn't fix.

Last edited:

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
Nioh ultraveteran here. No its not just you. They are probably going to retune that boss based on the feedback. I was having more trouble than i expected as well.

The first boss was just right in terms of balance, the second one not so much..

I wish the damn thing didn't have so much health. I do pretty okay during the normal phase, but once it goes into Yokai relam and splits apart, I just can't find any safe spot to work either the arms or main boss. I just been running around at that time waiting it out cause the alternative is getting destroyed. By the time I've used up my weakness talismans and elemental buffs, its not even half way dead.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I wish the damn thing didn't have so much health. I do pretty okay during the normal phase, but once it goes into Yokai relam and splits apart, I just can't find any safe spot to work either the arms or main boss. I just been running around at that time waiting it out cause the alternative is getting destroyed. By the time I've used up my weakness talismans and elemental buffs, its not even half way dead.

For what it's worth, i beat it at level 20 after investing primarily in heart, courage stamina and strength with a sword and odachi combo. if you bring an AI partner along, it can take the focus off the boss for a little while as well. If you do nothing but focus on attacking the arms, it will debuff the main body for a short while. Once he does yokai realm, just do nothing but focus on beating the two snakes. your focus should be completely off of the main body outside of avoiding its charge. If you manage to defeat them, it takes him a bit of time to regenerate them, and you can wail on him.

Nose Master

Oct 27, 2017
The snake boss is infuriating. When he just charges slowly and tracks like crazy it pretty much feels like a coin flip whether he'll stop or magically drain your entire health bar immediately. Damage is so low atm. Was fighting him for a good ten minutes just to get to 30%.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
For what it's worth, i beat it at level 20 after investing primarily in heart, courage stamina and strength with a sword and odachi combo. if you bring an AI partner along, it can take the focus off the boss for a little while as well. If you do nothing but focus on attacking the arms, it will debuff the main body for a short while. Once he does yokai realm, just do nothing but focus on beating the two snakes. your focus should be completely off of the main body outside of avoiding its charge. If you manage to defeat them, it takes him a bit of time to regenerate them, and you can wail on him.

So, right after I commented, I beat it lol. What I did was found two safe attacks the boss does and used that to my advantage. The first was the slithering attack, which will miss as long as you are moving left or right. I noticed that I could attack pretty safe here. The other was when he dug the two little ones into the ground, which gave me time to work the head. I took the Odachi and used the high stance two hit combo whenever I had these two free spots. When the boss went into Yokai, I went into low stance and focused on staying far away strafing and purifying. I had too much trouble trying to take the little ones out, so I did this instead to wait out Yokai. It took a little bit, but it was a very safe option for those like me who couldn't take out the little ones and got creamed.

This boss is still broken af though lol. One hit grab, draining your health with slithering combo, poison on the field, multiple enemy etc. Its a cool design though I'll say.

Edit: lighting talismans did help speed up the fight. It also helped that I had the soul for undead bowman to help attack from a distance once and a while.

Last edited:

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
Wow, you're CAC looks awesome! Didn't realize there was so many customize options.
That's just a preset too. All the character editing is grayed out in this alpha. I'm really exited to see what people make because it looks like we have a decent amount of options. The armor, of course, is obtained as you go along.

The more I read about this the more I want to play. Dammit. Why couldn't it have been a Open Alpha again.
In their GDC talk, they mentioned that they almost had too much feedback from the first games demos, so they were considering ways to reduce the player size.

What happens if the surveys are sent out to the emails where the codes were sent? So many of us got codes from others.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
I liked nioh in concept but already dropped out of the game when I reached the first real boss, the big ball dude on the ship. It was just way too hard and frustrating for me, harder then almost all souls bosses. Will this be similar?
I honestly got stuck their for a long while played the alpha and decided to give it another go and I best him solo remember you can summon help so it would make it much easier.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
It's probably just that I'm a Nioh 1 vet, but I didn't have much trouble with any of the bosses this time around.
I definitely struggled more with the chained ogre in the first game's alpha and beta.
'Course, back then, I had little inkling of what a Ki Pulse was, and now it's just second nature.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
That's just a preset too. All the character editing is grayed out in this alpha. I'm really exited to see what people make because it looks like we have a decent amount of options. The armor, of course, is obtained as you go along.

In their GDC talk, they mentioned that they almost had too much feedback from the first games demos, so they were considering ways to reduce the player size.

What happens if the surveys are sent out to the emails where the codes were sent? So many of us got codes from others.
For the alpha, all character creation is greyed out. We have access to four male and four female presets. No more.
Ah, I see. Still looks good!

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
It's probably just that I'm a Nioh 1 vet, but I didn't have much trouble with any of the bosses this time around.
I definitely struggled more with the chained ogre in the first game's alpha and beta.
'Course, back then, I had little inkling of what a Ki Pulse was, and now it's just second nature.

i think it just depends on the person, i've played an extreme amount of Nioh, but the second boss of this alpha was giving me a trouble until i grinded for a bit

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Took me about 5 or 6 tries but I defeated the snake boss around LV17! I then did the twilight mission with my SO in coop and man it was such a good time! c:
Really looking forward to the next build of the game and eventually the full game. I'll have to redownload the first Nioh and try DLC2 and DLC3.

Kurumi

Oct 26, 2017
I wish we had access to the full character creator but after finishing all 3 missions I loved what I played so far. I'm so glad they made it so you can create your own character. I need a release date for this game.

Makes me want to go back and play Nioh 1. I never finished the DLCs so I'll probably go back and do that.

Deleted member 227

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sooo, is it worth using skill points to unlock the spirit passives, they don't seem that special to me. :T
Also can't find Guardian Talisman on the tree, I thought it was still in.

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
Beat the first boss. He wasn't too hard but he seemed like a damage sponge. However, I think I was doing increased damage when he did his yokai shift or whatever it was. So maybe the fight was designed around this risk/reward system where you do increased damage to the boss in the yokai realm at the cost of your stamina. I dunno, I'm enjoying this game so far, but I feel like I haven't quite grasped everything yet.

Utilizing the falling barrels of water in the boss fight after using them to clear paths in the level was a pretty nice touch. And the boss itself was pretty cool.

Baalzebup

Oct 25, 2017
Sooo, is it worth using skill points to unlock the spirit passives, they don't seem that special to me. :T
Also can't find Guardian Talisman on the tree, I thought it was still in.
Considering that the Moment talisman consumable is in the game, there is a high chance that the Guardian Talisman will be in the full game, but it definitely isn't available in the demo.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Getting summoned to help out is the absolute best. So many hilarious three person teams just wailing on Yatsu, so many magic spells cast, damage numbers flying, bosses dying - jolly good fun!

It's always the best to really think how much time you spent cautious and exploring alone, struggling and dying. And then after finishing it, helping others and just blasting through everything. I'm sitting around level 35, just having a great time baha.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Like with the Nioh 1 alpha and beta? No. This is closed and invite-only. It would be quite unfair.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Do we know anything about the release date?

Contemplating whether or not I should go back to the first game and play the DLC.

Dragon's Game

Alt account
Banned
Apr 1, 2019
so is William going to be in this game or not? I wonder if he might be your created character mentor or something

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
2nd Mission cleared. Got sick of the snake boss's bullshit and waited for the right time to unleash the guardian spirit and went ham. It was worth it.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
Going back to mission to with gear from twilightmission was cathartic. Snake boss didn't stand a chance. This just reminds me how much of a crutch raw numbers in Nioh can be...