• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Didn't see a thread posted for this sooo.
From the official twitter account.

ZhugeEx tweet:

Apparently a photo mode, new missions and other balance changes are coming with this update too
EDIT: PS blog details on new update and DLC
PS Blog just posted this in English and also gives details about the upcoming DLC releasing in July called The Tengu's Disciple.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/202...pansion-pack-arrives-this-summer/#sf234002599

Last edited:

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
And of course it's a damn heavy armor :(

GG to theteam, they deserve it and much more, Nioh is a great franchise

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
My favorite game this year... The co-op is awesome. I love how much it feels like Monster Hunter now...

1st solo play took me about 100 hours (NG+ ~another 25).

Bring on that Season Pass.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Doing pretty well, huh? Congrats to Team Ninja. Nioh 2 was the only game i purchased at release this year.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
How is the coop difficulty compared to Nioh 1 which was too easy?

Depends on who you pair with, really... but it's definitely not the most challenging way to play (I did a solo run first before I went into co-op). Since the game turns into a Diablo-style loot runner in the post-game, I am fine with bulldozing through the levels with random people online, though.

Also, once the DLCs come out, the harder difficulties will be added ...

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
I can't stop playing it, pretty sure I've already put more time into it than the first Nioh. Hope more people give it a chance when it comes to PC.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Finding 2 to be quite a bit more fun even if it's not a massively changed game. Fixes a decent chunk of the issues I had. Do wish I had held off for the inevitable PC version given it is kinda butt ugly at times on base PS4.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's a good number, but it definitely looks like it's moving slower than the original.

Koei Tecmo announced 1m sales for the original Ni-Oh about 2 weeks after launch.

www.gematsu.com

Nioh worldwide sales top one million

Total retail and digital sales for Nioh have topped one million units worldwide, Koei Tecmo and Team Ninja announced.

Still Team Ninja putting out two million sellers in the space of year(twice this gen) is really impressive.

Now we wait for Xenoblade Warriors and Ni-Oh 3 to both top a million copies in 2023

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
How long after the PS4 version did the PC version for the first game launch?

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
Slightly off topic but is there any way to get rid of all the junk loot I won't use faster after every mission. The only problem I have is I spend 15-20 min after each mission sorting loot, pressing triangle to highlight what I don't need and then disassembling in one go. It takes a while.
mostly get rid of stuff but few things I keep. This was a problem with the first game too.
Usually a playthrough from a mission I have 100+ items I picked up.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Slightly off topic but is there any way to get rid of all the junk loot I won't use faster after every mission. The only problem I have is I spend 15-20 min after each mission sorting loot, pressing triangle to highlight what I don't need and then disassembling in one go. It takes a while.
mostly get rid of stuff but few things I keep. This was a problem with the first game too.
Usually a playthrough from a mission I have 100+ items I picked up.
you have the option to select all objects up to any level in rarity, it was also present in the first game. IT's with the central panel on the DS IIRC

amnesties

Nov 17, 2017
really really want to buy this but yea if there's dlc coming i'll wait for the complete edition. might just get it on PS5

Oct 27, 2017
That's great news! I really need to get back to Nioh 2 but FF7 Remake on Hard Mode and Persona 5 Royal will be taking most of time for the near future unfortunately :(

Kodama4

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing story for this little known franchise that launched then became a fan favorite and guaranteed 1 million seller.

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
Can't wait for the PC version, Nioh 2 looks like such a substantial upgrade over the first one.

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
This game deserves success.

Love the new armor (refashioned my current one to this look) and photo mode works great and can be saved to shortcuts like options + touchpad.

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
you have the option to select all objects up to any level in rarity, it was also present in the first game. IT's with the central panel on the DS IIRC
Do I have to do this each time or will it save this setting? Also I might still keep yellow items as I find some have useful abilities. Is this even worth doing or should I only keep blue purple and above?

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Hearing that the game is better than the first one is making me THIRSTY. Might order it now so its here for when I finish FF7R

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It goes along with a patch 1.09

Nioh 2 Update 1.09 Patch Notes (Nioh 2 1.09)
  • Added additional mission
  • Photo mode implementation
  • Additional functions and adjustments
  • Fixed gameplay crashing issues.
  • Fixed framerate drop problem
  • Addressed stuttering and lag issues.
  • Performance and stability improvements.
  • Various under the hood fixes.

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
I'll play this on PC or on PS5 (it has an uncapped Res/fps mode, iirc), whichever comes first.