• We are delighted to introduce GiftBot 2.0, the next generation of our popular gifting feature. To celebrate, we'll be giving away some incredible prizes over the coming weeks in one big Giveaway Extravaganza!

Nioh 2 launches Early 2020 for PlayStation 4

Naga

Aug 29, 2019
I'm not sure if there's a discussion thread for Nioh 2, but some nice screenshots in that Famitsu article

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
All I need to see is some Kusarigama action and I'm set. Dual axes with the Kusarigama are going to be my weapons for the first playthrough so right now all I need is a release date.

Monsoon

Oct 25, 2017
Stop telling people to skip Nioh 1, there's a reason we're hyped for the sequel, because the first game was good. Go play it!

Do we know if Kanno is coming back as composer?
Don't think there's any confirmation yet, but the first trailer had something similar to his sound, sooooo I might actually think he's back.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
So I was checking the video above and there's a move you can perform with R2+O that acts like a counter:

It's used when the enemy attack flashes red to stun them:

Don't remember seeing this in the beta.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
So I was checking the video above and there's a move you can perform with R2+O that acts like a counter:

It's used when the enemy attack flashes red to stun them:

Don't remember seeing this in the beta.
This looks like a great addition. No more having to hit and run against tough enemies when they no sell everything until you deplete their KI.

I imagine they might also make it so that some enemies don't have a KI bar anymore or make it harder to deplete.