• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Sargerus

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda sad this is a prequel, i wanted to see more of William/Hanzo bromance

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Anyone spot any new weapons that weren't in the Alpha? Was hoping the Dual Swords make a return.

Prefer swords over axes.

storaføtter

Oct 26, 2017
Looking very cool.

I should play the first one at some point, right?

Naah skip the first one and I say this as a Nioh fanatic. Second game feels like more of a 1.5 sequel (expansion) than what a sequel should be like. It is really good from what I played from the alpha. It is a "prequel" so the story from the first game isn't so important. Not that the story was great in the first game.

I got burned out by the original with all the content and DLC. It is better for people to jump in on the sequel. I personally waiting for PC port this time.

FFObsessed

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The first game took me way by surprise with how much I enjoyed it. Was just looking for something to scratch the souls itch and it ended up with one of the most addictive games I've ever played. Loved the loot system and NG+ even though it became hard as balls. Think I played it for like 200 hours... more than any souls game.

Day 1.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
For people who are counting early 2020 games add two more to your lists:

Persona 5 Royal
Yakuza: Like a Dragon

Early 2020 is really starting to feel like early 2017 all over again.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Looks so fucking good

First semester 2020 is ridiculous

1. The Last of Us Part II
2. Cyberpunk 2077
3. Persona 5 The Royal
4. Nioh 2
5. Final Fantasy VII Remake
6. Ghost of Tsushima (?)
7. Marvel's Avengers

I want all of them LMAO

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018

Persona 5 Royal

I played Yakuza 0, Nioh 1 and Persona 5 back to back in early 2017 and now Yakuza 7, Nioh 2 and Persona 5 Royal are coming in early 2020. Lmao.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Persona 5 Royal

In terms of taste it already surpassed it for me. and this isn't taking into account of what will be releasing in the latter half of next year. I just need Bayonetta 3 and Babylon's Fall to be confirmed for next year as well.

Last edited:

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
This is looking really nice. I'm especially digging the new yokai designs that have been shown here, they're looking really good.

Oct 28, 2017
man, even better than i thought. waiting for a special edition on amazon and perhaps will double dip with a digital version... we'll see

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
First game was great but this seems like such a upgrade in every way.

Getting a bit worried about weapons though

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Weird, Playstation made the video private again. Did they drop it too early?

lapsu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
I swear to god if they make you fight two bosses at the same time again I'm going to flip.

The trailer looks great, though.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
You know who is at the end of the trailer, if not Okatsu (the resemblance is pretty major)?
SeoHmNC.png

Mononoke (yes, that one):
- she has fur on her
- semi long hair
- teeth as earrings
- mask
- same time period as Nobunaga

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Naah skip the first one and I say this as a Nioh fanatic. Second game feels like more of a 1.5 sequel (expansion) than what a sequel should be like. It is really good from what I played from the alpha. It is a "prequel" so the story from the first game isn't so important. Not that the story was great in the first game.

I got burned out by the original with all the content and DLC. It is better for people to jump in on the sequel. I personally waiting for PC port this time.
Tks for this, will let this be my first Nioh experiences and just play Sekiro until it releases.