• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Doesn't look nearly as good as Sekiro from what I've seen, shame.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
You can dodge underneath her and she doesn't automatically punish? Oh it's a good game then cat lady.

God damn hurry up and get here already.

Jager

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Bloody loved the combat and systems in Nioh, can't wait for this.

Sekiro definitely took some inspiration from NiOh, though.
Eh?

From Software started development on Sekiro after they were finished with Bloodborne's DLC (2015) and Nioh didn't release until 2017.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to it but it's a shame to see the Diablo loot system back again

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I loved the first game.. but damn the design for this boss is BAD (imo)..

KdxxJqP.gif

this is such a bad design.. yuck..

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
I like Nioh and all, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed that Nioh 2 is really more like Nioh 1.5. I would much rather they take more time between the first game to the sequel, and actually come up with something more original, while keeping the spirit of the original game in tact. Like a jump of Diablo 1 to 2.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
People need to stop being so damn superficial and compare Sekiro with Nioh and GoT. Seriously. Totally different genres.

PhDInOwning

Mar 17, 2018
I loved the first game.. but damn the design for this boss is BAD (imo)..

KdxxJqP.gif

this is such a bad design.. yuck..

That snippet makes me laugh, seems to put emphasis on arguably the worst parts of her design. The animations look great and she seems fun to battle.

I like Nioh and all, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed that Nioh 2 is really more like Nioh 1.5. I would much rather they take more time between the first game to the sequel, and actually come up with something more original, while keeping the spirit of the original game in tact. Like a jump of Diablo 1 to 2.

I haven't really been following news about Nioh 2 and that is a little disappointing to hear. Personally, I'll be happy even if they just fix the repetitive enemies by adding way more designs, but there is a lot of potential for the series and watching this makes me want to give another go at finishing the original.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
dammit i really need to get on the first one. keep starting it and falling off, but not for lack of enjoyment

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The first Nioh is already a far better game than Sekiro. 2 looks to be even better.

Oct 25, 2017
That looked really cool. Some great enemy designs, I like the Devil Trigger, boss fight seems fun and I love cat girls and anime tiddies.

What more can I ask for?

Is it confirmed for PC as well?

Ended up not even finishing the first game, but that may not be so bad, since I won't feel that "Nioh 1.5" fatigue nearly as much as others who spent hundreds of hours with it.

"Nioh but with more stuff" seems exactly like what it needed to grab me in the first place, to be honest. More enemies in particular.

Firmament1

Aug 15, 2019
Darksiders 2 proved 7 years ago that Diablo-style loot should stay the fuck out of action games.

Nioh has really good combat, but it sucks that it decided to run with this dumb loot system.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Thanks! I'll keep an eye on it.
Nioh 1 was released 9 months later on PC, so I expect the same kind of timeframe.
Darksiders 2 proved 7 years ago that Diablo-style loot should stay the fuck out of action games.

Nioh has really good combat, but it sucks that it decided to run with this dumb loot system.
Blame the people complaining during the first game's alpha/beta. I preferred the old weapon durability system.

Oct 29, 2017
People need to stop being so damn superficial and compare Sekiro with Nioh and GoT. Seriously. Totally different genres.

Gamers love superficial comparisons though

Did not know about the open beta, pretty hyped. Skipped the first 1 because I hated the boss battles, hopefully I like this game because the gameplay is SO good

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
My most hyped game by a mile. I'm loving Code Vein but nothing plays like Nioh.

For people who see 2 as more of a 1.5, what additions or improvements would bring the game more in line for a proper sequel?

Silence_and_I

May 7, 2018
This looked amazing. The game is very challenging and pushes you to your limits. I got murdered a dozen times on the last boss of the Alpha, need to adjust and play better.

Varth

Banned
Mar 9, 2018
Skipped both this and Sekiro. Should I give Nioh a chance? Major differences in mechanics? I remember from the demo that nioh was sort of looty. Don't really like that. Is it a preminent aspect of the full game? Playing the same section again and again waiting for some +1 to drop is not really my cup of tea.

Patent

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jul 2, 2018
North Carolina

I love nioh and i loved the beta for nioh 2 but godamn your right if it just didnt have that system i would be so happy, or even if it was just spread out over more meaningful gear id be ok with that to

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
Skipped both this and Sekiro. Should I give Nioh a chance? Major differences in mechanics? I remember from the demo that nioh was sort of looty. Don't really like that. Is it a preminent aspect of the full game? Playing the same section again and again waiting for some +1 to drop is not really my cup of tea.
It's extremely looty. The first time I played though I just equipped the strongest of my favorite weapon and armor weight, and things turned out fine.

Nioh is basically a souls game that put all it's skill points into combat. Maybe play the beta for 2 next week and if you like how it feels then it might be worth it to pick up the first game.

I love nioh and i loved the beta for nioh 2 but godamn your right if it just didnt have that system i would be so happy, or even if it was just spread out over more meaningful gear id be ok with that to
I don't so much mind the loot, it's just that so much of it is meaningless. I would like more quality drops at a slower rate. On both ps4 and pc I got to the point were I had a couple weapons I liked and then I never changed again.

Oct 26, 2017
I don't so much mind the loot, it's just that so much of it is meaningless. I would like more quality drops at a slower rate. On both ps4 and pc I got to the point were I had a couple weapons I liked and then I never changed again.

While I love the loot for the most part this I can agree with. I wish there was a better way to organize/sift through it. But if you're a one and done kind of person you can mostly ignore it on your first playthrough and get by just fine.

Tya

Oct 30, 2017

There is a lot of loot, but there is no need to grind like you are describing unless you want to put hundreds of hours into the game.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
People breaking their backs to talk about how much better Nioh is than From games. Just chill. It's actually pretty cool how different Sekiro and Nioh are.

I also think it's fine for this to be an iterative sequel because the original was such a solid foundation and this is only the first sequel. There are clear flaws from the original people are looking to be fixed here, which can be easily addressed by a sequel that doesn't reach too far and risk ruining the fundamentals.