• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018

Hey folks! It's Tom from Team Ninja to give you a quick update on Nioh 2. To kick things off, I'd like to share with you the latest key visual showcasing our new protagonist. As you may have been able to detect from the visual, our central character is a half-breed. He is part human as well as possessing the extraordinary power of the Yokai. As a samurai warrior, his journey takes us through the treacherous Sengoku period of Japan. And his transformation from human to fiend will take him deep into the Dark Realm of the Yokai. I promise you that this metamorphosis will be spectacular and result in some truly intense action.

I also wanted to thank you and briefly let you know that we had a really productive alpha demo session back in May/June of this year. Over 50,000 players took part in this closed demo worldwide and nearly 18,000 participants responded to our survey afterwards! The overwhelming majority of opinions were very positive and supportive of the demo as we received tons of comments and constructive feedback for us to analyze. And since then, we have been hard at work to process all of that data and make the necessary adjustments to create an even more exceptional experience. Thanks again to everyone who participated in the alpha demo survey. We can't wait to share the progress with you guys!

Speaking of which, we will be showing off a brand new consumer demo at the Tokyo Game Show 2019 in September. I can't really disclose the specifics at this point, but more details will definitely be coming down the pipe soon. So stay tuned Yokai hunters! And prepare to unleash your darkness as Nioh 2 is on the horizon!

Nioh-2-FI.jpg

48593983517_7f96662b5e_h.jpg

48593983842_89649ecdbb_b.jpg

48593842781_4d5eb32118_b.jpg

48593842696_b8e2113b77_b.jpg

48593983802_d246daaa90_h.jpg

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
I never got into Nioh, but, I might give it a second go after seeing this key art

Also, I can't unsee it but the guy on the left in this photo looks photoshopped, just... look at his head...
48593842696_b8e2113b77_b.png

gitrektali

Feb 22, 2018
Really liked Nioh, and I hope they've addressed the two main concerns most people had with the first one, i-e, enemy variety and bland level design.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
It can't be at all comfortable to drag across the ground with massive snake tiddies like that.

Game looks wild. I'm looking forward to that guy in the last shot just murdering me over and over.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
The alpha was very enjoyable, can't wait for the game. Now if only they'll release an artbook covering both games...

Soulstar

Oct 25, 2017
You can make a female playable character in this right? The way he phrases it in the blog post makes it sound like you have a set male protagonist.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope we get a release date soon. Correct me if I'm wrong but I swore when Nioh had it's first alpha, we already had a release date.

Zhao_Yun

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I always forget that this game exists even though I really liked the first game. Maybe the game is finally in a state that they can start giving more constant updates after TGS.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I always forget that this game exists even though I really liked the first game. Maybe the game is finally in a state that they can start giving more constant updates after TGS.

I feel like it's been a bit weird with this game.

E3 2018 announcement.

Radio Silence.

Alpha announcement with a quick release

Radio Silence

New Key art with the promise of information.

I mean sure they don't need to be constantly announcing stuff but it has been odd.

Oct 27, 2017
Played the alpha and walked away feeling like it was more Nioh. Was hoping for more of an overhaul to the loot system but overall the game feels very similar. At least this time you won't have to play as an ugly white dude.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Man i was hoping for news. The alpha came and went. Wonder if we can get this game early 2020. Maybe feb.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like it's been a bit weird with this game.

E3 2018 announcement.

Radio Silence.

Alpha announcement with a quick release

Radio Silence

New Key art with the promise of information.

I mean sure they don't need to be constantly announcing stuff but it has been odd.
They probably announced it too early last year.