• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
They are a reward for completing Twilight missions. The first clear for each mission on that day gives one. I highly doubt they will ever become a drop.
is this different than in the 1st game?

I dont remember the first being like this. its been a while.

will they at least be a part of quality weapons if I dismantle some? I haven't seen any weapons that have them so far.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Had such an urge to play a Soulsborn but have played them all aplenty... so I bit the bullet and bought the game... despite not liking Nioh 1 very much.

Anyway, I played Spear last time around and not much seems to have changed. So I might be up to a new weapon. I absolutely love Halberds so Mid Stance Switchglaive is right up what I want... but it scales with magic... I hate magic.

Is it viable to spec exclusively into mid stance without relying on magic much or I gimp myself too much and should stick with Spear?

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
Had such an urge to play a Soulsborn but have played them all aplenty... so I bit the bullet and bought the game... despite not liking Nioh 1 very much.

Anyway, I played Spear last time around and not much seems to have changed. So I might be up to a new weapon. I absolutely love Halberds so Mid Stance Switchglaive is right up what I want... but it scales with magic... I hate magic.

Is it viable to spec exclusively into mid stance without relying on magic much or I gimp myself too much and should stick with Spear?
Playing this game without any magic kinda sucks tbh. Every good build uses some magic.

Magic in this game is more like a mage-knight so you'll still be doing melee.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Playing this game without any magic kinda sucks tbh. Every good build uses some magic.

Magic in this game is more like a mage-knight so you'll still be doing melee.
Yeah, I'm gonna use some buff stuff for bosses... still is it viable to omit attack magic altogether when going switchglaive and specing heavily into magic?

Baalzebup

Oct 25, 2017
What's the meter for underneath imbued weapons? What happens if it runs out
That is corrupt weapons, not just any imbued weapons. It is the weapons Awakening meter, when your weapon gets extra glowy and might speak something. During that time, the corruption is far stronger and the weapons might do extra damage. It gets charged when you deal damage.
is this different than in the 1st game?

I dont remember the first being like this. its been a while.

will they at least be a part of quality weapons if I dismantle some? I haven't seen any weapons that have them so far.
It is slighty different from Nioh 1, but not that much. Regular umbracites did drop on occasion, but the others were also Twilight rewards. Here you get normal umbracites by dismatling. And no, you don't get them by dismantling. Yellows and Blues give fragments, purples give umbracites. Divine items only give divine fragments and those are for forging, not tempering.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been using tonfa for the last few days as a break from Switchglaive and I'm absolutely in love with the weapon. High stance specifically just flows so well. I love the way the moves feel mixed with the mobility. The abilities are a blast to use. I think I found my new main weapon. I just need to get one with some magic scaling so I don't have to give up my nuke spells.

Helloween

Oct 27, 2017
It is expensive, for the most part early in the game it's just not worth worrying about. It's mainly meant as a more endgame option, there are times you might have specific things you really want to boost up but as you know it's expensive so not something you can rely on all the time.

ah lush thank you!

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
Question:

Does it matter what color my enemy skill abilities are? I got these soul cores that allow me to change the color type of them, to brute phantom or feral. So Im assuming it does. But in what way?

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the first playthrough, took me 62 hours. Definitely a decent amount longer than Nioh 1 was. Didn't do any coop or anything since no online.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
What's the difference between amrita, anima and sentience meters?
Amirita: your XP and the living weapon(devil trigger gauge)

Anima: your yokai abilities meter(burst counter, R2 + triangle, R2 + square)

Sentience meter: is for certain weapons they come alive and get a buff for some time.

Filtering is for searching for certain equipment specials, like the Kodama sensor

Baalzebup

Oct 25, 2017
Question:

Does it matter what color my enemy skill abilities are? I got these soul cores that allow me to change the color type of them, to brute phantom or feral. So Im assuming it does. But in what way?
The colors represent the 3 different types of Yokai Shift. Red for Brute, blue for Feral, Puprle for Phantom. Certain Guardian Spirits boost the damage of Yokai Skills of certain type and in the Shift skill tree, there is at least one skill that gives you a portion of the Anima back when the skill is of the same type as your Guardian.

ejoshua

Oct 27, 2017
I've been doing the odachi and twin swords but I'm getting bored with those weapons. I want to maybe the chain or Tonfas. Maybe even hatchets.

Oct 27, 2017
As a Soulsborne die hard fan who's beaten them all except Sekiro because fuck Ishin, I am wondering if this game is worth picking up. It looks good no doubt but I wrote the first off as a DS / BB clone (which was wrong of me). Sitting here in quarantine in NYC but working from home while the wife and kids are home and I need something to play. P5R is around the corner but my trigger finger is itching. Is Nioh 2 worth it?

Whatislove

Jan 2, 2019
I think I'm about done with the game. I've finished NG+ and gotten to level 220. Don't really think there's anything left to do.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Now I remember why I disliked the first Nioh so much... you get stamina damage when you are hit even when NOT BLOCKING.
It just happened again and I'm in disbelieve. AGAIN. What is with this utterly dumb design? You already get hit so you already lose much HP - why deathlock stagger you on top? It makes no sense that you get double punished.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As a Soulsborne die hard fan who's beaten them all except Sekiro because fuck Ishin, I am wondering if this game is worth picking up. It looks good no doubt but I wrote the first off as a DS / BB clone (which was wrong of me). Sitting here in quarantine in NYC but working from home while the wife and kids are home and I need something to play. P5R is around the corner but my trigger finger is itching. Is Nioh 2 worth it?

It's essentially a Souls game mixed with Diablo. Lots of loot, figuring out crazy builds. The game can be very punishing and cheap at times, but it's my game of the year so far and the combat is an absolute blast. The pace of it is much closer to Bloodborne than Dark Souls. I've beaten the 3 Souls games and about half of Bloodborne, and it's probably tied with Bloodborne as far as difficulty and above the 3 Souls games. You can and will die very fast in this. It punishes greed very hard.

So if you enjoy character stats and fast-paced Souls combat, but won't get overly frustrated by occasionally unfair enemy placements, then I think you'd really like Nioh. Also it's a lot of game, so it's definitely give you something to work at for a long time.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
The colors represent the 3 different types of Yokai Shift. Red for Brute, blue for Feral, Puprle for Phantom. Certain Guardian Spirits boost the damage of Yokai Skills of certain type and in the Shift skill tree, there is at least one skill that gives you a portion of the Anima back when the skill is of the same type as your Guardian.

So it makes sense to match the colors then for added benefit?

Oct 27, 2017
It's essentially a Souls game mixed with Diablo. Lots of loot, figuring out crazy builds. The game can be very punishing and cheap at times, but it's my game of the year so far and the combat is an absolute blast. The pace of it is much closer to Bloodborne than Dark Souls. I've beaten the 3 Souls games and about half of Bloodborne, and it's probably tied with Bloodborne as far as difficulty and above the 3 Souls games. You can and will die very fast in this. It punishes greed very hard.

So if you enjoy character stats and fast-paced Souls combat, but won't get overly frustrated by occasionally unfair enemy placements, then I think you'd really like Nioh. Also it's a lot of game, so it's definitely give you something to work at for a long time.

Awesome, thank you for the detailed response!

Baalzebup

Oct 25, 2017
So it makes sense to match the colors then for added benefit?
Yes, but only if you have gotten that Shift tree skill and/or are using one of the Guardians that boost their power through it. It is very much a build thing IMO. I bet you can get some good mileage out of it with some of the more devastating boss Soul Cores. I haven't been arsed to do it yet since I'm more focused on doing a few stages each day and farming texts and skills.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
I platinumed Nioh 1 back in 2017 and never touched the DLC.
Would someone please be so kind as to link to (or type up, if so inclined) a brief summary of the vanilla game, and then perhaps a more comprehensive summary of the DLC? I'd be most appreciative. I'm getting close to the end of vanilla Nioh 2, and it sounds like I should know more than I can actually recall, at this point.
Cheers.

cmdiego

Oct 25, 2017
I platinumed Nioh 1 back in 2017 and never touched the DLC.
Would someone please be so kind as to link to (or type up, if so inclined) a brief summary of the vanilla game, and then perhaps a more comprehensive summary of the DLC? I'd be most appreciative. I'm getting close to the end of vanilla Nioh 2, and it sounds like I should know more than I can actually recall, at this point.
Cheers.

I am sure you can do a quick Google search for this information. Quicker than waiting for someone else to type it out.

Erigu

Nov 4, 2017
was the Zen Manual in Nioh 1?
I don't remember being able to reset Prestige Points in Nioh 1.
I'm pretty sure you could, via an item (the same one, I believe?) that was patched in at some point.

EDIT: Yep, just checked: that item was patched in in ver 1.04 (February 24, 2017).

Last edited:

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017

The combat is much better than any From game - it alone makes it worth it. That being said, the levels aren't nearly as intricately designed as Souls and the difficulty isn't as intelligently crafted IMO.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit. Just got my first first-try main story mission solo boss kill.

Was Kasha easy or did I just luck out by bringing a water weapon to a fight with a fire cat?

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
The combat is much better than any From game - it alone makes it worth it. That being said, the levels aren't nearly as intricately designed as Souls and the difficulty isn't as intelligently crafted IMO.
I still prefer Souls combat, /shrug. You can do more in Nioh, but I think that's to the games detriment.

wandering

flâneur
Oct 25, 2017

Eh. As was said, there's more components to the combat, but I don't think it's necessarily better; there's a fair bit of clutter and jank. Personally I still think Sekiro blows everything else out of the water. I still find Nioh 2 enjoyable, and there are moments where the combat shines, but the lackluster encounters drag it down.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
I think I settle for a High Spear build.

What are the soft caps for each stat? Seems weird that most stat points in Constitution only yield +1 damage, while strength gives +3 - even before level 10.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit. Just got my first first-try main story mission solo boss kill.

Was Kasha easy or did I just luck out by bringing a water weapon to a fight with a fire cat?

Nah, Kasha isn't that bad honestly. I actually got completely blindsided by her showing up in a side mission (before I even encountered her in the main story) and still managed to one-shot her without a water weapon.

Best way to farm profiency?

Not sure where you're, but NG+ is really good. I got 120k on my Dual Swords in like... two or three hours? Maybe less?

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, Kasha isn't that bad honestly. I actually got completely blindsided by her showing up in a side mission (before I even encountered her in the main story) and still managed to one-shot her without a water weapon.

Not sure where you're, but NG+ is really good. I got 120k on my Dual Swords in like... two or three hours? Maybe less?
Yeah, I saw the mobs in NG+ give lot of it, I guess there's no easy way out.
Mezuki gonna get it tomorrow.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
That being said, the levels aren't nearly as intricately designed as Souls and the difficulty isn't as intelligently crafted IMO.

That's really my biggest gripe with this game, and it's just as the beta/trial led me to believe it would be. TN was talking about how they wanted to do a better job with the level design in this over the first, since that seemed to be a major complaint with that game, but they went way overboard. I don't know if it's mainly because they were aiming for 60fps in action mode, and so they had to limit the textures so much, or if it's just a budgetary reason, but my god some of the levels are simply not fun at all to traverse through.

I don't care that they aren't up to FROM's standards (which are also 30fps at best when on the consoles), but they don't need to be primarily copy/paste with a bunch of twisting corridors that lead to more twisting corridors (and because they all look so similar, it's way too easy to get lost for a bit) that serve no real logical purpose other than "to be more complicated". It's even more absurd when your progress is simply blocked by a two foot tall rock, or a three foot wall. As if you couldn't simply go over those.