• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

arkay

Nov 8, 2017
Finished it last night and really enjoyed it. I thought the last boss fight was great. Personally found the Shibata Katsuie fight the hardest in the game.

Can I be real with everyone? Red eyed Kappa's are the most annoying enemy in the game.

Co-sign. Their spin attack shreds through ki and health if you get hit.

Baalzebup

Oct 25, 2017
So is there a way to actually upgrade armor that you forged via texts to divine, or can you only get divine equivalents through drops? Because if you can only get them through drops, that means you end up having to waste more stats just to equip them than you would if you had forged the set yourself.
Divine forging is unchanged from Nioh 1. Just before you press the forge button, check the tooltips. You should see that you can hit triangle to add a number of divine fragments, up to 10 at once, to add to the forging process. The first shard makes divine items possible, the rest increase the odds.
Can I be real with everyone? Red eyed Kappa's are the most annoying enemy in the game.
Co signed. If they actually get started, they are easily the worst thing to face. That spin attack, yeesh.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Divine forging is unchanged from Nioh 1. Just before you press the forge button, check the tooltips. You should see that you can hit triangle to add a number of divine fragments, up to 10 at once, to add to the forging process. The first shard makes divine items possible, the rest increase the odds.

Thanks, had not finished NG yet, but was close and asked elsewhere if the smithing texts you get in NG+ are divine specific, or if they are the same as in NG. I don't even remember actually smithing divine gear in the previous game (even though I was decked out in it), although maybe I had. It's just material based for forging.

LMFAO, last night there was a thread asking what everyone's easiest, and hardest Yokai to kill were, and up until yesterday I would have said "Tengu on a ledge, or small room", but then I started fighting the Red Eyed Kappas, and holy shit those are the worst.
Machine gun paralyze, and if that doesn't work, breakdance at warp speed all over you. If you try to do anything other than dodge away multiple times until it ends, you're kind of fucked. They demolish health, and they demolish ki when blocking.

Those obnoxious Yokai skunk things do something similar at low health for some reason, and you kind of have to just back off until it ends.

Last edited:

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Actually real issues with Nioh 2 not caused by play:

- There needs to be a refashion preview it's really bad that you always have to apply it first before you can see what it is. Terrible UI decision
- You can't see your feet in the refashion setup also mindboggling.
- Soul core UI menu navigation needs to be reworked it's a clusterfuck especially if you want to soul fuse cores that you've attuned(in the second fuse slot)
- Blacksmith forging has started to lag for me after adding more and more smithing recipes

Cannon_Fodder

Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone playing now and unable to connect online? I keep getting an error message in game, but my internet is working and I'm connected to PSN.

Talos

Mar 5, 2019
Anyone had any issues with dropped inputs? Specifically pressing up on the dpad to use elixirs. Sometimes it just doesn't work. I think it's registering the press too as you can see the elixir icon blink for a sec.

Baalzebup

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone had any issues with dropped inputs? Specifically pressing up on the dpad to use elixirs. Sometimes it just doesn't work. I think it's registering the press too as you can see the elixir icon blink for a sec.
Yes, I've had this happen to me on occasion and it has been mentioned in the thread before. I assume it just gets cancelled by just about anything, since you can see the use indication flash thing on the icon and heard the sound sometimes and still get nothing.
Has anyone else been noticing the occasional dropped input when using items, especially elixirs? I thought either it was simply not registering, or maybe the "use" animation wasn't finishing before the next attack would hit me, but it seems like this is actually a common problem.
You mean when you even hear the use sound, but nothing happens? It's been annoying me since the first game. I think it has something to do with rolling/sprinting right before. I know dodging right after can cancel an item, but it seems to happen sometimes even if I don't touch X.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I got all the skills and smithing texts off
Genryu
It took almost 4 hours there's a side quest in act 3 where you face them alone took me like 3 minutes per battle to clear it add in load times and sorting inventory and maybe 5 minutes each fight. Those skills are super cool though.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I got all the skills and smithing texts off
Genryu
It took almost 4 hours there's a side quest in act 3 where you face them alone took me like 3 minutes per battle to clear it add in load times and sorting inventory and maybe 5 minutes each fight. Those skills are super cool though.

All skills and all texts? Because I have two for the Odachi, but only one for my Axe so far, and I didn't get the first one from this boss. This is a list of the so far known drops per enemy. If it was as simple as farming a single boss for everything, I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned yet.

docs.google.com

Nioh 2 Smithing Texts

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
All skills and all texts? Because I have two for the Odachi, but only one for my Axe so far, and I didn't get the first one from this boss.

Off that boss yeah I'm pretty sure at least all the skills he drops I got Dragon Fang-Katana Dragon Claw-Dual Swords and Dragon Horn for the Odachi. It helped that I have 27 bonus luck from a tea set plus I think I have 12% items found off my armor plus the 15% material drop rate from the Kodoma shrine. I got the smithing text for their armor plus two spears the merchant set and a switch glaive pattern called Seething Dragon.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Off that boss yeah I'm pretty sure at least all the skills he drops I got Dragon Fang-Katana Dragon Claw-Dual Swords and Dragon Horn for the Odachi. It helped that I have 27 bonus luck from a tea set plus I think I have 12% items found off my armor plus the 15% material drop rate from the Kodoma shrine. I got the smithing text for their armor plus two spears the merchant set and a switch glaive pattern called Seething Dragon.

Not sure if the texts count as "material", since it was claimed they are considered items, but off of a different list. Certain bosses can drop multiple different texts and skills, but AFAIK they can't drop all skills and all texts, which is what I assumed you meant. You just meant you farmed out all of the items from his own specific loot table?

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I'm running 65 luck, and 28% item find. Not sure if the texts count as "material" though, since it was claimed they are considered items, but off of a different list. Certain bosses can drop multiple different texts and skills, but AFAIK they can't drop all skills and all texts, which is what I assumed you meant. You just meant you farmed out all of the items from his own specific loot table?

Yeah sorry I was excited about getting the moves sorry I meant I got all the skills of that one boss at least I think I did I'm not sure it has more than sword skills because I only use swords right now and I bet it has more smithing texts on it's loot table. Yeah I've gotten 4 boss skills so far I got those three so quick because that boss is insanely easy to stamina break from either hitting them or pulling them out of the dark realm.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Amidst all the nonsense and completely uninformed Nioh 2 didn't improve anything posts I'll have to shoutout the loading times on a normal HDD.
As someone that farmed yasakani in the bathhouse I remember these loadtimes being far worse. Doing the same now in an equivalent Nioh 2 mission and it's actually amazing how fast the load is on a non ssd harddrive.

Baalzebup

Oct 25, 2017
Amidst all the nonsense and completely uninformed Nioh 2 didn't improve anything posts I'll have to shoutout the loading times on a normal HDD.
As someone that farmed yasakani in the bathhouse I remember these loadtimes being far worse. Doing the same now in an equivalent Nioh 2 mission and it's actually amazing how fast the load is on a non ssd harddrive.
Where do you farm for that? I tried the old shrine to reset method followed up by dying on purpose but the nodes don't reset the same as in Nioh 1 or I've forgotten something about the process.

Talos

Mar 5, 2019
Where do you farm for that? I tried the old shrine to reset method followed up by dying on purpose but the nodes don't reset the same as in Nioh 1 or I've forgotten something about the process.

I think you only have 2 tries for the yasakani and then have use a divine branch to reset the mission. A popular place to farm is the abduction sub mission in NG+.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
The mission abduction in dawn region I think is the new bathhouse. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_Ad97KuzCY
If that's the same old shrine you're in the right mission you reset by using the kodama shrine but it can only be done once so you look at the corpse once and then go back to shrine.

You can also just rush through ng+ for a guaranteed one for finishing the last mission. I'm just not feeling that right now personally and am instead working on my amrita farm set to hit level cap.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Nearing the end, I assume.

Killed off your best friend, and the hat dude (the back-to-back bosses) after some tries. The couple of bosses before them were a bit too easy, but they bumped up the difficulty a bit again and the cherry blossom level was awesome.

It's a damn fun game, all in all, but the same issues as the first game are truly shining through yet again; lots of bloat, and lack of enemy variety and encounter setp.

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
Can you play any bit of the game in coop even the last boss?
everyone Was having difficulty on the serpent boss I was reading...and I fought him and died about 5 times. He didn't seem impossible I just didn't have the patience to die another 30-40 times before being able to defeat him.....

so I got two people to join my game and they wiped the boss in like a minute lol. Am I cheating? Don't enemies scale?
I love the game though but feel like I won't be able to help myself doing this on bosses from now on. Lol

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Yey got my Yasakani!

Multiplayer scales in Expedition sometimes too much sometimes too little but given the BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG power game between those that engage in the loot system and those who don't it's going to fluctuate no matter what you'll do.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Update: I ended up beating it by trolling Onryudo through the door with arrows and luring him into the cave outside of the boss room so nothing else could attack me. He wants to cheat, I'll cheat right back.

I've got my ass kicked there and cheesed the last encounter (no fucking shame on that). I lured Onryudo outside the door, after few hits he respawns at his original position and then repeat. Talking about gank squads, there are even worse missions than this one in region 6 and 7. Someone at Team Ninja have smoked too much weed during the development lmao.

Can you play any bit of the game in coop even the last boss?
everyone Was having difficulty on the serpent boss I was reading...and I fought him and died about 5 times. He didn't seem impossible I just didn't have the patience to die another 30-40 times before being able to defeat him.....

so I got two people to join my game and they wiped the boss in like a minute lol. Am I cheating? Don't enemies scale?
I love the game though but feel like I won't be able to help myself doing this on bosses from now on. Lol

it's easy mode. Pretty sure you can co-op everything.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I can't fight an onryudo while also dodging cannonfire that can twoshot me. There's no way I'd be able to beat it that way.

Why wouldn't you simply shoot the skeletons first before engaging with anything else, or if nothing else, just run up to them and kill them? I died twice in that room, mainly because I was trying to take on three things at a time, but just like every other dark realm, or spot that has tough enemies not too far from the entrance, you can always pull them out a bit. You don't even have to clear everything in that room anyway, and the Tengu tends to reset if you run too far up either of the ramps.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Why wouldn't you simply shoot the skeletons first before engaging with anything else, or if nothing else, just run up to them and kill them? I died twice in that room, mainly because I was trying to take on three things at a time, but just like every other dark realm, or spot that has tough enemies not too far from the entrance, you can always pull them out a bit. You don't even have to clear everything in that room anyway, and the Tengu tends to reset if you run too far up either of the ramps.

Because the skeletons aren't placed in spots where you can shoot them through the door and I am very bad at shooting skeletons that can see me because I am not good at aiming. So I get blown up or shot or killed by enemies while just trying to line up a single arrow.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
It took me 42 runs to get all 3 skills from one boss but another boss I've ran 30 times and don't have a single skill from them go figure.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I think I'm at my limit. I've been running this "The Burning Sky" sidemission for five fucking hours and it's just impossible. Gank squad after gank squad after gank squad after gank squad after gank squad. And then the boss fight throws an Onryudo and a Karasu Tengu at you at the same time while ALSO having assholes pepper you with hand cannon shots AND two axe skeletons poise through everything you do.

Absolute trash-tier game design and it's actually making me kind of hate the rest of the game retroactively. These developers need to find a new gimmick because this one fucking sucks.
I can't fight an onryudo while also dodging cannonfire that can twoshot me. There's no way I'd be able to beat it that way.
We talked about this in the Discord last night but... I really don't see the big deal about that mission.

I play 100% solo and I had no issues. I sniped at the little fire wisps, and one of the cannon sniper who was harassing me, and ignored the other while staying near the door so it had no line of fire on me. I never saw the tengu and just focused on the onyudo. It was really nothing special at all.

If you were playing in coop/expedition, it should be even easier, it means you could focus on the onyudo while your partner focuses on the archers and/or the tengu.

those are the main criticisms I have with the game. the gank squads and there are a million enemies pelting you with cannon balls, arrows and bullets from up above in every fucking level. So fucking annoying.
Just... shoot them back? The game gives you plenty of ranged options to take care of those. A headshot usually OHKOs these enemies easily, even without being spec'ed as some sort of OP archer or using mediocre ranged weapons.

LOL

I too have died tragically at the hands of a red kappa...

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Just... shoot them back? The game gives you plenty of ranged options to take care of those. A headshot usually OHKOs these enemies easily, even without being spec'ed as some sort of OP archer or using mediocre ranged weapons.

The problem with this mindset is that their shoot loops are such that if you miss and get clipped by one of their shots, you get locked into a loop of getting up from being knocked down and then being shot again before you can line up a countershot. Ranged weapons are great for killing enemies before they see you, they suck after that point.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
The problem with this mindset is that their shoot loops are such that if you miss and get clipped by one of their shots, you get locked into a loop of getting up from being knocked down and then being shot again before you can line up a countershot. Ranged weapons are great for killing enemies before they see you, they suck after that point.
??
If you go in aiming mode, align your shot, but wait for the enemy to shoot and slightly strafe to the side. As slow as you move, the shot will still miss. Then strafe right back to where you were, shoot, and they'll die in one hit and you'll be fine.

🤷‍♀️

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Actually real issues with Nioh 2 not caused by play:

- There needs to be a refashion preview it's really bad that you always have to apply it first before you can see what it is. Terrible UI decision
- You can't see your feet in the refashion setup also mindboggling.
- Soul core UI menu navigation needs to be reworked it's a clusterfuck especially if you want to soul fuse cores that you've attuned(in the second fuse slot)
- Blacksmith forging has started to lag for me after adding more and more smithing recipes
Agreed. I also wish there was a way to hide the yokai dagger on the character's back for some armor sets. It clips in some cases and looks off.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017

You can just block their shots as long as it's not a cannon. You shouldn't ever actually be in a situation where you're getting hit by two ranged enemies at the same time when trying to take one out. I suck sometimes at aiming too, and I simply block and then try to align again. If I get hit once, not a big deal. Cannoneers on the other hand can be a pain, especially when you get the cheating ones that rapid fire two shots in a row, but like with any ranged attacker, you can interrupt them. Even if your aim is not accurate enough to land a head shot, hitting them will delay their shot long enough for you to go for a second shot. If nothing else, you can just waste all of your ammo on body shots to kill them.

But anyway, in the particular room you are talking about, I don't honestly remember there being two cannoneers, just the one (thought the other was just a rifleman), but I always took out at least one of them anyway before engaging with the rest of the room, and I did it from the door, before it even noticed me. You have all the time in the world to aim too without repercussion. The other can be a pain to hit from there, so I just ran up the ramp to take it out before anything else showed up.

It took me 42 runs to get all 3 skills from one boss but another boss I've ran 30 times and don't have a single skill from them go figure.

RNG sucks sometimes, but if you're after skills and smithing texts, you need to have item drop on every piece of gear, sometimes twice too when you can get the generic "item drop" as well as "item drop vs humans". That stat actually matters more than luck, even though both are important. You can just raise your luck through your tea sets as well as the luckbringer talisman. Might even be worth it for you to change your clan just for the 30 luck when you're in full "boss farm" mode. I think it takes me up to an hour sometimes to farm out everything a boss can drop.

Last edited:

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fighting
Oda Nobonaga
in the sub mission in the 3rd area and whew he just fucking destroys me. First fight where I'm thinking I might have to come back around later to do lol.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Fighting
Oda Nobonaga
in the sub mission in the 3rd area and whew he just fucking destroys me. First fight where I'm thinking I might have to come back around later to do lol.
He's not too bad. Low stance to the side when he does his running sword slash that erupts flames into the ground, and high stance his ass after he uses his elemental attacks or after he recovers from sword attacks. If you're using spear, you can cheese him by striking once, going into the spinning KI move (spearfall?), and then repeating. I beat him and I think I was slightly under-levelled.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's not too bad. Low stance to the side when he does his running sword slash that erupts flames into the ground, and high stance his ass after he uses his elemental attacks or after he recovers from sword attacks. If you're using spear, you can cheese him by striking once, going into the spinning KI move (spearfall?), and then repeating. I beat him and I think I was slightly under-levelled.
Mmmh yeah just tried again and beat him low stance did blow him up pretty easily. (I'm bad at remembering to use low stance.)

OP
OP
Noema

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty

Apparently emotes in nioh can do damage against the enemy. Found this on reddit lol

source.gif