• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Poody

Oct 27, 2017
There's a live broadcast with the Mayor, LAPD, and city leaders speaking live now, and updates on the investigation.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully some clarity and justice for Nipsey's family comes from them having a real suspect.

It was depressing how many people were putting stock into the ridiculous conspiracy theories on twitter.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Before it was revealed who this guy was the story was that the shooter was a guy who was outside the shop harassing people, Nipsey confronted him and he asked Nip for money, Nip basically told him he doesn't do handouts and to kick rocks and he came back later that day firing.

I thought the story was that he called him a snitch and he was offended. Unless the story changed.

CDV13

Jan 30, 2018
Why were so many people running from the Vigil in that video since it is now being said there were no gunshots?

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
He was really gonna change his neighborhood too, wasn't all talk and had all the pieces set in motion. Fucking tragic.

Oct 25, 2017

looks like the suspect may have been trying to check himself into a mental health facility before being apprehended

Swauny Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (2 weeks): victim blaming
Nipsey accused him of being a snitch which is basically a death sentence on the streets. Dude went and finished what he started. What led up to the snitch allegations is a whole other thing. As sad as it is that Nipsey's gone he knew what he signed up for and knew this was a risk you pay when you get up in this lifestyle. Gonna miss the dude but let this be another lesson to the people who want to get all caught up in this game. Rarely anybody comes out unscathed once you enter this way of life.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
This guy's been in and out of mental hospitals apparently so the fact he was checking himself into one makes sense. He's done though. It doesn't matter if he goes to prison, doesn't matter if he hits the streets, he's done wherever he goes.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
Nipsey accused him of being a snitch which is basically a death sentence on the streets. Dude went and finished what he started. What led up to the snitch allegations is a whole other thing. As sad as it is that Nipsey's gone he knew what he signed up for and knew this was a risk you pay when you get up in this lifestyle. Gonna miss the dude but let this be another lesson to the people who want to get all caught up in this game. Rarely anybody comes out unscathed once you enter this way of life.
Yes, because only someone "in this lifestyle" can be murdered.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
That's what you got out of their post? Get a grip.
Pfft, a grip on what? For a dude who's been working and hustling in an honorable way for the benefit of others, has practiced what he preached in terms of giving back, entrepreneur-wise ahead of nearly all his peers, assuming from the internet that he lived some "lifestyle" that led to this sounds like victim blaming.

His lifestyle was helping others and I'm willing to bet by simply looking at his accomplishments that focusing on his endeavors was more of his character than an "active gang member out here bangin' in deez skreetz."

The blame is on the shooter and solely on the shooter. Any person that decided to come outside that day could've caught those bullets.

Swauny Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pfft, a grip on what? For a dude who's been working and hustling in an honorable way for the benefit of others, has practiced what he preached in terms of giving back, entrepreneur-wise ahead of nearly all his peers, assuming from the internet that he lived some "lifestyle" that led to this sounds like victim blaming.

His lifestyle was helping others and I'm willing to bet by simply looking at his accomplishments that focusing on his endeavors was more of his character than an "active gang member out here bangin' in deez skreetz."

The blame is on the shooter and solely on the shooter. Any person that decided to come outside that day could've caught those bullets.

The shooter was a friend of his who had a problem being called a snitch. GTFO with hustling in an honorable way nonsense too. There is no such thing. You letting this false persona he's portraying skew your judgment. No matter how much of a good Samaritan you think he was, he was still "bangin' in deez skreetz" as you put it. Just because he took some of that money to give to others doesn't make him a saint.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

we don't really know the things Nipsey might have done when he was younger. You can turn your life around but that doesn't mean others will forget or allow you make amends.

Mars89

Banned
Nov 18, 2018
The shooter was a friend of his who had a problem being called a snitch. GTFO with hustling in an honorable way nonsense too. There is no such thing. You letting this false persona he's portraying skew your judgment. No matter how much of a good Samaritan you think he was, he was still "bangin' in deez skreetz" as you put it. Just because he took some of that money to give to others doesn't make him a saint.

He was hustling musically, in a 100% legitimate way and reinvesting into his own community. He was no longer an active gang member and hadnt been for years. He had a family.

Nobody had called him a saint because he wasnt. What he was was a positive black influence who practiced what he preached and had big plans for the future. Seeing a positive black brother, who was living his life in the right way and helping our people, get murdered like this is a tragedy. He wasnt just a rapper he was a man

Swauny Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He was hustling musically, in a 100% legitimate way and reinvesting into his own community. He was no longer an active gang member and hadnt been for years. He had a family.

Nobody had called him a saint because he wasnt. What he was was a positive black influence who practiced what he preached and had big plans for the future. Seeing a positive black brother, who was living his life in the right way and helping our people, get murdered like this is a tragedy. He wasnt just a rapper he was a man

Dudes been out decking people in the streets these past few months and you talkin bout him living life the right way and shit. smh LOL!!!

CrumbSnatcher

Jan 12, 2018
User Banned (2 Weeks): Victim Blaming.
I think the lesson from this, is that to not be that guy. And what I mean by that, situation like this can occur even if your not in a gang or gang affiliated. You never know, if someone you know is volatile, so when you encounter them, and they are asking for anything, take a business minded approach. Tell them, I'll see what I can do. Then put everyone on notice.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017

Def. one of the worst takes I've seen.
Nipsey didn't wanna fuck with a disloyal Snitch ....so he deserved to get slaughtered ? Yeah...no.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Do you have any idea how extraordinary a human being you have to be to command this type of respect from the LAPD? And as a nigga?

Fuck, man. We needed Nipsey.

Jan 15, 2019
A ridiculously perfect tribute from Russ tonight

I can't get over how crazy this feat is. At first it just sounded to me like a nice tribute, then I looked into the stats and realized only one person in NBA history (Wilt Chamberlain) has ever done that before, and even then only once. For him to seemingly have premeditated a desire to put up 20/20/20 is just insane. Jordan, Kobe, Lebron etc... never did it. Then Russ does it seemingly just because he had decided to.

Nov 16, 2017
The only thing Nipsy was guilty of was returning to his hood after he made it big. Most other rappers rap about their past lives but never return (see Jay Z, 50 Cent). Nipsy did the opposite and it cost him his life. the state of inner cities in America makes me sad.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017

Do you have any idea how extraordinary a human being you have to be to command this type of respect from the LAPD? And as a nigga?

Fuck, man. We needed Nipsey.

I feel like a lot of people where like that, just shows how much of a positive force he was. Like normally when a rapper gets shot I'm like, "Damn." But my first reaction to this was, "Oh my God! Why?" It's still mind boggling that someone would even step to someone who was trying to do so much good.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL

You're banned but when you get back, stop victim blaming. You know nothing about his past except internet speculation.

we don't really know the things Nipsey might have done when he was younger. You can turn your life around but that doesn't mean others will forget or allow you make amends.
I understand the sentiment but how is this not literal speculation?

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Your ban should've been for a month.

He chose to be a community leader in the best way he can. Do you even bother to give back to your community with whatever resources you have?

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like a lot of people where like that, just shows how much of a positive force he was. Like normally when a rapper gets shot I'm like, "Damn." But my first reaction to this was, "Oh my God! Why?" It's still mind boggling that someone would even step to someone who was trying to do so much good.

It's a damn shame it took his senseless murder for so many people to discover what kind of artist and person Nipsey was.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
This is so sad

Nipsey Hussle was in the middle of a good deed right before he was gunned down in front of his store ... where he was trying to help out an old friend who just got out of prison.

Sources connected to Nipsey tell TMZ ... the reason he was at his Marathon Clothing store Sunday is because he was trying to hook up his ex-con pal with some new gear so he could look good before meeting up with his own family and friends later in the day.

We're told Nipsey's friend had just walked out of the pen after 20 years behind bars.

Our sources say Nipsey didn't notify his team or his primary security guard he'd be going to the store solo -- it was a spur of the moment thing ... we're told no one in his camp was aware he'd left home.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/04/03/nips...lothing-store-victims-released-prison-friend/

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I think the lesson from this, is that to not be that guy. And what I mean by that, situation like this can occur even if your not in a gang or gang affiliated. You never know, if someone you know is volatile, so when you encounter them, and they are asking for anything, take a business minded approach. Tell them, I'll see what I can do. Then put everyone on notice.
Ok, I can get Swauny Jones ban since he took it a step too far but how exactly is this victim blaming? This is basically saying "You never know what someone is capable of so always err on the side of caution." Seems a bit excessive.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Excuse me, Shitty Cousin, kind sir. Word of your disloyal reputation has spread far and wide and has been brought to my attention. I ask that you would leave the premises. Maybe seek employment in agricultural labor in lieu of your exile? Good day sir."

LOL at people blaming Nip for getting dumped on from almost 4 feet away by someone he had no reason to expect would have such a fragile ego.

This was a businessman who was murdered outside his job, not whatever gangland fantasy some are trying to make it out to be. Nip couldn't and shouldn't have expected anything of the like to occur to him because no one in their fucking right mind would ever predict some shit like that would happen to them.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
The sad takeaway from some of the posts in this thread is just how extraordinary a young black man has to be to actually be viewed as a victim in this country. Like Nip was straight up executed by some coward who snuck up on him and you still got people effectively saying he had it coming, bringing up shit he may or may not have hypothetically done in his past. Would this have happened if he were a white country musician? Did we ask these questions with Dimebag Darrel?

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
The sad takeaway from some of the posts in this thread is just how extraordinary a young black man has to be to actually be viewed as a victim in this country. Like Nip was straight up executed by some coward who snuck up on him and you still got people effectively saying he had it coming, bringing up shit he may or may not have hypothetically done in his past. Would this have happened if he were a white country musician? Did we ask these questions with Dimebag Darrel?

Yup. Its a fucked up strain of racism/self hatred.

Like, even if he was a dick as the naysayers in the post want to portray him, does that justify to get shot to death in broad daylight at 33?

He may have been failing at bettering himself, but at least he tried. People celebrating him are not celebrating him NOT as a gang banger but a dude who gave back to the community and as a good dude. Shitting on his death doesnt serve a purpose. By all means point out his flaws but this undercurrent of he had it coming...