• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
The sad takeaway from some of the posts in this thread is just how extraordinary a young black man has to be to actually be viewed as a victim in this country. Like Nip was straight up executed by some coward who snuck up on him and you still got people effectively saying he had it coming, bringing up shit he may or may not have hypothetically done in his past. Would this have happened if he were a white country musician? Did we ask these questions with Dimebag Darrel?
Exactly. It's like what the fuck? Has to be gang related, he has to be blamed for still hanging around the hood, etc. it's pathetic and shame on everyone who's trying to paint him as anything other than a victim.

Oct 25, 2017
The sad takeaway from some of the posts in this thread is just how extraordinary a young black man has to be to actually be viewed as a victim in this country. Like Nip was straight up executed by some coward who snuck up on him and you still got people effectively saying he had it coming, bringing up shit he may or may not have hypothetically done in his past. Would this have happened if he were a white country musician? Did we ask these questions with Dimebag Darrel?
Yep. Didn't know how to articulate it but you said it all.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Yep.

Says a lot.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Ain't never lied

alpha

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, it's bullshit. A dude got murdered and there's still some assholes pulling the "well he was no angel".

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
The shooter was a friend of his who had a problem being called a snitch. GTFO with hustling in an honorable way nonsense too. There is no such thing. You letting this false persona he's portraying skew your judgment. No matter how much of a good Samaritan you think he was, he was still "bangin' in deez skreetz" as you put it. Just because he took some of that money to give to others doesn't make him a saint.

He wasn't "bangin' In deez streets" . He was making money through legitimate channels. That was his "hussle".

Stalwart

Banned
Feb 4, 2018
r.i.p Nipsey. He was a last of a dying breed actually helping out the community and trying to make other changes bigger than rap. You don't see that these days with rappers much.

Last edited:

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Yeah, it's bullshit. A dude got murdered and there's still some assholes pulling the "well he was no angel".

If it was a cop that shot him while he was unarmed or innocuously going about his life, half the country would still find a way to defend the cop.

So, no surprise people are throwing up shit like this on the black board.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
The public memorial at the Staples Center is today. Sold out at 21,000 capacity.
CBS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3bGG61io5A
CNN: https://www.cnn.com/specials/live-video-1
USA TODAY: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmNQt4IisWg
Tidal: https://tidal.com/livestreams/celebrate-nipsey

Also, a new development about what happened at the vigil the night after Nipsey's death.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/10/entertainment/nipsey-hussle-vigil-shooting-trnd/index.html

The Los Angeles Police Department now says two women were shot while attending a vigil for rapper Nipsey Hussle, the day after he was killed. Police previously said there had been no reports of a shooting at the vigil, where a mass panic broke out and sent people stampeding into the streets.

A witness told police on the night of the vigil that a man brandished a handgun but didn't end up firing it, after being disarmed by another member of the crowd, according to an LAPD statement released Wednesday.

Other witnesses told police they heard gunshots, but investigators weren't able to find victims at the scene or witnesses to corroborate a shooting had taken place.
"We had a commander on scene when this event unfolded that was 50 feet away from where the vigil was occurring," Los Angeles Police Department Chief Michel Moore said at a press conference last week. "And we do not have any reported gunfire being heard."

But when police visited hospitals to check on victims of the incident, they learned of two women with gunshot wounds who said they had been at the vigil. One woman was shot in the arm, while the other was shot in the lower back, according to a search warrant affidavit filed in Los Angeles Superior Court.

When asked Wednesday why they didn't disclose earlier that there had been a shooting at the vigil, police cited the ongoing investigation.

Last edited:

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
A suitable memorial to Nipsy would be for other rappers who haven't done so already to help build their communities.

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
That's my President

I'd never met Nipsey Hussle, but I'd heard some of his music through my daughters, and after his passing, I had the chance to learn more about his transformation and his community work.

While most folks look at the Crenshaw neighborhood where he grew up and see only gangs, bullets, and despair, Nipsey saw potential. He saw hope. He saw a community that, even through its flaws, taught him to always keep going. His choice to invest in that community rather than ignore it -- to build a skills training center and a coworking space in Crenshaw; to lift up the Eritrean-American community; to set an example for young people to follow -- is a legacy worth of celebration. I hope his memory inspires more good work in Crenshaw and communities like it.

Michelle and I send our sympathies to Lauren, Emani, Kross, and the entire Asghedom family and to all those who loved Nipsey.

Sincerely,

Barack Obama

Deception

Nov 15, 2017

tenor.gif

I seriously tear'd up watching the memorial yesterday. Nip should be a reminder that we need to celebrate people trying to make a positive change in their communities while they are still here and give them a helping hand.

Spoke some things into the universe and they appeared/I say it's worth it, I won't say it's fair/Find your purpose or you wastin' air…

SaveWeyard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/los-an...y-hussle-funeral-procession-route-2019-04-12/
A shooting killed one person and wounded three others in Los Angeles near the funeral procession route for late rapper Nipsey Hussle. Police said, however, there was no indication the Thursday night shooting was connected to the procession.

Gunfire broke out around 6:25 p.m., just a few blocks away from a section of the 25-mile procession route, police said. The procession drew large crowds of people who lingered well into the night. The Los Angeles Times reported that the shooting occurred in the Watts neighborhood after the procession passed through the area.
Fuck, man...