• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Re sexualisation comments: Those are the player created minions, and thankfully you can avoid almost all of the bad designs.

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That you can make it is worse.
I assume it works like most DRPGs, where you just get a list of character portraits and you pick the ones you like. The ones you don't pick you hardly ever see again.

Or it could be restricted to classes like EO but even then it's easy to avoid the worst ones.

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's legitimately one of the the best DRPGs in recent years and certainly one of Nippon Ichi's finest outputs recently. Please give it a chance guys. "Waifu" doesn't even exist in this game because you play as the witch who doesn't give a fuck about anything but her own goal.

CeroMiedo

Oct 26, 2017
It's legitimately one of the the best DRPGs in recent years and certainly one of Nippon Ichi's finest outputs recently. Please give it a chance guys. "Waifu" doesn't even exist in this game because you play as the witch who doesn't give a fuck about anything but her own goal.
*cough* EO4 *cough*

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People used to post the EO4 dancer over and over again and talk about how they'll never play the game because of it. This is despite that character design being easily avoidable and everything else in the game being great.

Posts here make this game seem like a vaguely similar situation. If that's how it is I'll happily give it a go.

Last edited:

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
The Vita fanbase was easily the most vocal about getting this game over to the West and NISA actually fucked that up. I understand the market changes and all that, but those idiots had years.

At this point I'm just... It's been frustration after frustration with NISA, I have nothing nice to say about them.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Vita fanbase was easily the most vocal about getting this game over to the West and NISA actually fucked that up. I understand the market changes and all that, but those idiots had years.

At this point I'm just... It's been frustration after frustration with NISA, I have nothing nice to say about them.
To be honest, I don't get why they couldn't atleast do digital only for Vita. Can't be that much more work when you are already releasing on 3 other very different platforms.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Ah man she doesn't even care for the little boy? I was hoping that he was some sort of morality chain for her. You know, someone that prevents you from doing completely insane things.

(Is it a boy or is it a girl? I can't tell sometimes.)

CielTynave

Oct 25, 2017
How speedy is the gameplay? The biggest reason why I dropped PQ was because battles took a fucking eternity even on the fastest settings.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Cool! Never heard of it, but I've been itching to play a dungeon crawler for a while now, and I'm always up for anything with Takehito Harada's art.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thank you for not buying enough software, to make releasing Vita titles still worthwhile , Vita-fans.

-NIS America
Vita fans do buy software, there just isn't enough of a market left for releases to be very profitable, and you have to kill support eventually. Makes sense to do it when a more viable platform presents itself, but it's still sad if you are a Vita fan. I own a Vita and a Switch, but I'm still sad to see the Vita on its last legs.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Yessss! Literally the only announcement I wanted out of this event. Delighted to hear a Switch version is coming too. I'll cop dat.

Oniletter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vita fans do buy software, there just isn't enough of a market left for releases to be very profitable, and you have to kill support eventually. Makes sense to do it when a more viable platform presents itself, but it's still sad if you are a Vita fan. I own a Vita and a Switch, but I'm still sad to see the Vita on its last legs.
Agreed.

It had a surprisingly decent run and pushed well above it's weight for how little hardware the system sold, but people being upset that nobody wants to release a Vita game in late 2018 is a bit...cringeworthy.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Agreed.

It had a surprisingly decent run and pushed well above it's weight for how little hardware the system sold, but people being upset that nobody wants to release a Vita game in late 2018 is a bit...cringeworthy.
I wouldn't say that, people are passionate about the platform, there is nothing wrong with that. But all vita fans have seen the writing on the wall for the past few years, this shouldn't be a surprise for anyone.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Looks pretty good, I'll be getting this on Switch provided I can completely avoid those thongkini wearing little girls, yikes. Cut it out NIS.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
I wouldn't say that, people are passionate about the platform, there is nothing wrong with that. But all vita fans have seen the writing on the wall for the past few years, this shouldn't be a surprise for anyone.

Yeah exactly. My problem with NISA isn't just this smack with Coven, as you say it's kind of expected at this point. Disappointing, but expected.

Just in general I am fed up with NISA. The parent company NIS has many interesting and unique IP/VN's just sitting there waiting to be localized. Instead NISA is content to chase after the licenses that other localizers normally handle, and we get maybe 1 or 2 actual NIS games a year. Most of the time rehashes and ports to different systems.

I've imported a lot to compensate, like for example I'm playing Exile Election right now from JP PSN, but still... Not everyone has that option you know?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I dont know this IP - but as a big EO fan and considering how long we might have to wait for a EO on Switch...this is a really nice announcement. Will def. keep an eye on it.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So they're finally localizing it. I'm usually not too much into D-RPG but the word of mouth about this one is particularly good so I'll probably get it.

Meffer

Oct 25, 2017
Want to see some gameplay before I decide if I want this or not. I like the main character.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Word on the street was this was delayed internally a few times. First for the PS4 version and then again with Switch doing super well for the port. It's basically already finished they're just waiting for the Switch version for Fall.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
It's so tough to find jrpgs that don't have some level of out-of-place overly sexy designs. I've heard a lot of good things about the game otherwise, but I'll probably get it used and stay away from the weird portraits (which might mean an all-guy party).

Ah man she doesn't even care for the little boy? I was hoping that he was some sort of morality chain for her. You know, someone that prevents you from doing completely insane things.

(Is it a boy or is it a girl? I can't tell sometimes.)

I think the blonde kid is wearing a maid dress sort of outfit. It might still be a boy just because anime, but I'm leaning towards a girl.