• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
https://issuu.com/newbayeurope/docs/mcv_april_2018 (page 36-37)

Huge thanks go to silpheed-mcd for the heads-up!

"We're starting to do more on Nintendo Switch. SNK Heroines is not the only one. They support us in a good way. Compared to that, Sony is not friendly with small publishers like us. They just care about big Japanese companies. Also, if we simultaneously release a Switch version and a PS4 version of the same title, currently the sales trend is two to one. That means the Switch version sells twice as much as the PS4 version. Physically and digitally. A lot of PS4 titles are coming up, so the market is very competitive. Compared to that, the Switch market still has lots of room for publishers to make money."

"For Disgaea 5, Switch sold very well. It sold just under 200k units in the west. Maybe 40 percent of these people already have the PS4 version. Why do they buy the same game again? Because it's the function of a handheld that the Switch has. And Sony decided to withdraw from the PS Vita market. The memory size limitation of the Vita is just one gigabyte, right? But Disgaea is 8 GB. So Disgaea fans want to play on a handheld, but there is no handheld Disgaea 5 on a Sony format. So this is a perfect platform. We can play at home and we can play outside using the handheld function of the Switch. That is why the Nintendo Switch platform is growing naturally."

More here:

https://nintendoeverything.com/nisa...ps4-versions-disgaea-5-near-200k-in-the-west/

NIS America has been on a fucking roll on Switch and it's amazing to see them being rewarded for their efforts. What shocks me is Sony just not caring despite NISA being one of their most loyal supporters before.

Check my thread on their Switch support for their full Switch catalog!

https://www.resetera.com/threads/lets-look-over-nippon-ichi-software-nisas-switch-support.15952/

Last edited:

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So they do have a deal in place, I thought they just chose Nintendo to do the marketing for snk heroines

Oct 27, 2017
In really glad that Switch is a healthy platform for them. I'm really looking forward to several games they have lined up so far this year (Ys 8, Happy Birthdays, SNK Heroines and the Anniversary collection in particular).

Also I badly hope that this SNK partnership leads to a new Metal Slug.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure they are furiously clacking away at their keyboards in order to get any Vita game on the Switch somehow.

Did they release Muramasa Rebirth? I want that. #PortBeg

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I though SNK Heroines had a physical version for PS4. doesnt the special edition come with a disc?

I was one of 5 people who had that game on Wii, Id double dip for the portability
I have it too. sure as hell wont double dip though. I could barely stomach playing through each character once

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was going to post this but I was thinking how to do such things without copying everything to the thread lol Thanks for that

It's interesting to know about this marketing deal for SNK Heroines. I was surprised to see that Nintendo was the one doing it and the details are surprising to say the least

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So glad they went with two platforms instead of going with Sony's anti-consumerism proposal of making it exclusive.

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
I'm sure they are furiously clacking away at their keyboards in order to get any Vita game on the Switch somehow.

Did they release Muramasa Rebirth? I want that. #PortBeg

Nah, Muramasa Rebirth was localized by Aksys, which was odd, you'd think XSEED would've got it, especially when they had the Wii original before Ignition got their hands on it.

Chump

Jan 11, 2018
In really glad that Switch is a healthy platform for them. I'm really looking forward to several games they have lined up so far this year (Ys 8, Happy Birthdays, SNK Heroines and the Anniversary collection in particular).

Also I badly hope that this SNK partnership leads to a new Metal Slug.

Yep, the Anniversary collection looks sweet. People may not want to wait too long on ordering it. It was already at 26% to 50% stock left on the NIS website when I ordered a copy and they just put it up yesterday I believe

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, the Anniversary collection looks sweet. People may not want to wait too long on ordering it. It was already at 26% to 50% stock left on the NIS website when I ordered a copy and they just put it up yesterday I believe
Ahhh, I would preorder it but my check wont clear until like Tuesday and the money in there now is to get my hair done

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo wanting to make SNK Heroines, of all games, an exclusive is the kind of thing that my brain is making rusty-gears-grinding-together noise trying to process. What the hell?

StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
Disgaea 5 is a megaton for the switch.

I'm all about SNK Heroines, too.

Glad to see NIS getting their games out on relevant hardware.

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo wanting to make SNK Heroines, of all games, an exclusive is the kind of thing that my brain is making rusty-gears-grinding-together noise trying to process. What the hell?
I think they just want to have good relations with third parties. Treating even the smaller ones as important goes towards that, I guess.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I though SNK Heroines had a physical version for PS4. doesnt the special edition come with a disc?

I have it too. sure as hell wont double dip though. I could barely stomach playing through each character once
A special edition only available through their store with a single print run. No third parties involved, no retail presence or mainstream marketing

Kinda cool really, definitely interested in both heroines and 40th anniversary collection, can't wait to see what comes next

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"We're starting to do more on Nintendo Switch. SNK Heroines is not the only one. They support us in a good way. Compared to that, Sony is not friendly with small publishers like us. They just care about big Japanese companies.

This is surprising to read. Sony always seems really good about getting a lot of developers onboard their platform and working with them.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is a really sketchy interview. He's talking about the kind of stuff you don't really go public with.
So glad they went with two platforms instead of going with Sony's anti-consumerism proposal of making it exclusive.
Where'd you see that? Looks the other way to me.
Yamashita first discussed SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy, and revealed some details about working with Nintendo that hadn't been known previously. Nintendo actually wanted to work with SNK on an exclusive basis, which eventually resulted in a deal. Only the Switch version will be sold physically in the west, and Nintendo will be a distributor that includes buying many units.

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the part about ~40% of Disgaea 5 sales on the Switch in the West being double dips who had previously bought the PS4 version is really interesting

we knew the Switch was firmly in the Vita's lane because of the kinds of software it's getting and the sales we've been seeing from non-AAA 3rd party games like mid tier Japanese stuff and indie games but actually getting some data, albeit specific to this one game and only accounting for like 80,000 people, is interesting

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
SNK Heroines and SNK 40th Anniversary receiving some level of exclusivity on Switch doesn't surprise me and I expect many retro-themed collaborations with Nintendo and third parties in the future. One of Switch's primary markets is the older / lapsed player who has a fondness for classic games.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Great result. I love how Switch has taken the gauntlet laid down by the Vita and 3DS and is doing those smaller guys justice.

Deleted member 9714

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Switch becoming the platform of choice for small Japanese games is all I could ask for. What an odd game to focus these efforts on though.

EvoTech

Banned
Dec 30, 2017
They basically have the majority of the JRPG market for Switch whereas PS4 is fairly saturated.

I highly recommend Switch owners buy Disgaea, those games are always good with lots of content.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Great news.

Even though Disgaea 5 C is coming to PC and I will get it there , I might double dip on a Switch version just for the sake of Portability.

silpheed-mcd

Oct 27, 2017
More here (french market, interesting):

MOD EDIT: Please don't post scans

Last edited by a moderator:

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
A smash like game featuring a roster of ladies from popular b and c tier fighting games and franchises? Let alone bringing some more fighting games to the genre with what seems to be a solid gateway fighting game

Umibozu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess that's the only logical explanation. Because man, what a weird game to try and go to bat for.
I don't think it's just for that game as I've only seen a switch physical version of the recently announced snk 40th anniversary collection
https://i2.wp.com//wp-content/uploads/2018/04/snk-40th-anniversary-collection-limited-edition-1.jpg?fit=1920%2C1101&ssl=1

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Dang, they kinda called out Sony.

Don't ususally read stuff like this in interviews. But nice to see success for the company in the end.

Thebeast!

Banned
Mar 18, 2018
So ps4 owners dont get physical copy what a scumbag move might as well be a switch exclusive.

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it's just for that game as I've only seen a switch physical version of the recently announced snk 40th anniversary collection
https://i2.wp.com//wp-content/uploads/2018/04/snk-40th-anniversary-collection-limited-edition-1.jpg?fit=1920%2C1101&ssl=1

A PS4 version hasn't been announced for this game, period.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Compared to that, Sony is not friendly with small publishers like us. They just care about big Japanese companies.

Damn, I didn't expect them to call out Sony like that. I wonder how Sony is going to feel hearing this.