• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lupianwolf

Oct 27, 2017
"I am extremely happy to have announced a collaborative project with Mr. Falcom. Of course not only for Ys fans, Falcom's fans, Nintendo's fans, for everyone, we would like to expand not only "Ys VIII" but also other titles."

ファルコムさんとの共同プロジェクトを発表出来て、非常にうれしく思っております。イースファンはもちろん、ファルコムさんのファン、任天堂さんのファン、すべての方のために、「イースVIII」だけではなく、是非他のタイトルも展開していきたいと思っております。

http://nippon1.jp/news/new_title_interview/

Translation from reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Falcom/comments/7pp35p/nisa_and_falcom_announces_a_continuing_joint/

Mod edit:
I read over the interview, and it sounds like the NISA guy is much more hopeful about this than Kondo is. Kondo's response to the quote in the OP is basically implying "let's not get carried away" and the NISA guy goes on to say that of course it'll be important to do a good job developing and selling Ys 8, but his hope is for a continued partnership.

Last edited by a moderator:

Grim Patron

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Good. Save cold steel 3 and put it on a portable. Also I hope NISA gets the PS4 cold steel 1 and 2 ports to switch.

Nathan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
France
Please
Edit: Erf, at the same time I'm scared for XSEED. I was able to play the Kiseki games thanks to their great translations, I don't want them to lose Kiseki too.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Such a big turnaround from Falcom recent statement about how they weren't interested in supporting the Switch.

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
Jeez that reddit comment section is extremely negative towards this, I thought it was a pretty good thing IMO.

Byronic Hero

Oct 27, 2017
It'd be great if the Trails in the Sky games got ported to Switch, having all of them localized on one console would be a nice treat.

PetrCobra

Oct 27, 2017
Okay Mr. Falcom, I will let you show me what else you've been working on if I can have all the candy you've already promised me.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
Ummmm, I need to buy Ys VIII for them to consider other companies to port Sen I and II to the Switch then...

Let me pre-order a few more copies to gift then~

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well, that sucks. Why would I want NISA anywhere near this stuff after Ys 8?

I wouldn't.
You know you're not giving them enough credit for at least realizing their localization was trash, apologize for it, and have it fully redone. I'll give them a second chance, since they at least work faster than XSEED (poor XSEED).

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I hope this becomes a "IT BEGINS" moment. Would love to see more Falcom games on Switch.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
well, to be fair, they still arent. but they always had a "do whatever you want" in regards to ports from their licensees. so this isnt new
Also it read less like they weren't interested period but more that they wanted to stick with the audience they absolutely knew they had, which is important for what is still a small company like them. NIS stepping in to help them reach that additional audience was probably an easy thing for them to agree to.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
I don't own a Switch but that's cool they're expanding their userbase.
I really hope NISA has learned from Ys VIII though but we'll see.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
They're gonna get cold steel 3, only hope is they get back the same voice cast xseed used.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
On the one hand i'd Love a trails game on the switch. On the other hand i'd rather get them through xseed. Though i'm desperate enough for the crossbell games that I don't care who does them if we can get them over here at this point

Capndrake

Oct 28, 2017
You know you're not giving them enough credit for at least realizing their localization was trash, apologize for it, and have it fully redone. I'll give them a second chance, since they at least work faster than XSEED (poor XSEED).
Sure, if you completely forget about the fact that they have an entire history of bad localizations and releases that somehow manage to introduce entirely new bugs.

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
Falcom has way to many games for XSeed to handle on their own, obviously they have Marvelous, and other publishers games to deal with as well.

I'd rather they split up some of the series (Crossbell arc) and leave Cold Steel to XSeed.

Deleted member 26768

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Realise? you mean when people started mailing Falcom directly about it and Japanese media picked it up.

Vicious17

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Jeez that reddit comment section is extremely negative towards this, I thought it was a pretty good thing IMO.

I havent read the reddit thread at all, but personally I don't want NIS anywhere near Falcom. Not when XSEED's done such a good job localizing for them in the past, and especially not adter YS8. But hey, money's money, and I get why they'd go with NIS.

mejin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Welp, Xseed is pretty much dead for me if they don't even get Cold Steel III and IV.

SephLuis

Oct 25, 2017
I wuold love to see XSEED putting the PC versions of the Trails games in the switch, but I don't see it happening soon.
It would be great if NISA could handle the ports while using XSEED translations for Sky trilogy + CS1 and 2 (and 3).

The main issue would be the Crossbell arc. I hope XSEED is working on that too.