• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017

2bd13c39-ec21-4ba5-8dunjcl.png

And there's the PAX announcement it seems.

Really out there grab. LM2 was already announced and even released on Switch and PS4 in Japan, but the original is new.

Okay people, place your bets, will the XBO version get cancelled and continue the MS curse for NISA? :P

MLH

Oct 26, 2017
yeah, super glad we're getting 1 too. What more info do we know? Will it be the enhanced Vita version? I've always wanted to play that one

robot

Oct 27, 2017
That reminds me, I still need to finish that last boss in 2. Playing these in portable would be great!

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe this means I'll finally get the physical reward from the La Mulana 2 KS that included a physical version of 1.

Vivian-Pogo

Jan 9, 2018
First game is obtuse as hell. I dropped it after accidentally activating a trap that turns on hard mode. (Yes that's a trap in the game).

DarkCloud12X

Oct 27, 2017
Another NISA game I can get semi excited for on my XB1 only to get cancelled months from now for reasons. Can't wait.

Costa

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Is this game as hard as y'all make it out to be? :P
For the first game it's tough but fair. A lot of the "gotcha" moments early on are there to teach you to know what to expect. It's got a really hard skill curve but once you get used to it and start solving puzzles it's one of the most rewarding games I've ever played. The boss battles are amazing and do the Dark Souls thing of taking multiple takes to kill the boss, where you make progress every time.

It is also a long game and unless you love ball busting puzzles I would honestly recommend using a guide whenever you can't make progress or get frustrated. Despite those feelings, it is still one of the best metroidvanias ever made.

Did they ever do anything on consoles with the original MSX-looking doujin version?
Don't think there's much that can be done. Aside from the fact that it would probably need to be ported to a scalable engine, there's a lot of copyright infringement in that game XP

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
Awesome! I've heard nothing but great things about these games, I'd love to play them.

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
You should get a notebook ready to write down clues if you really want to play it without a guide. It's a great experience though.
Once in a while I find a scrap of paper chronicling my descent into madness. I gave up around the 100h mark (according to Steam), looked up a thing in the guide and dropped the game in disgust, hah.

Is the second game any easier on the puzzles?

L-M1 is really well done otherwise, recommended to anyone who likes Metroidvanias. I particularly like the world-building as you uncover the lore from tablets.

Oct 26, 2017
Amalthea
Can't speak for the apparently much harder 1, but I quit 2 after banging my head against the wall for probably 20 hours. I loved my time, but jesus christ.
You should get a notebook ready to write down clues if you really want to play it without a guide. It's a great experience though.
For the first game it's tough but fair. A lot of the "gotcha" moments early on are there to teach you to know what to expect. It's got a really hard skill curve but once you get used to it and start solving puzzles it's one of the most rewarding games I've ever played. The boss battles are amazing and do the Dark Souls thing of taking multiple takes to kill the boss, where you make progress every time.

It is also a long game and unless you love ball busting puzzles I would honestly recommend using a guide whenever you can't make progress or get frustrated. Despite those feelings, it is still one of the best metroidvanias ever made.

Sounds like Hell on Earth... I'm down! I'll keep the notebook thing in mind, haven't done that in years haha

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Been wanting these on switch so that's good!
I'm not sure though... are these coming to EU? And are they available digitally?

Poyon

Mar 26, 2019
Loved the original, but never got around to getting 2. Excited to get both for switch! I still remember writing down all the clues and ideas as I was making my way through the first one, should be fun to do it again. The limited edition will be a nice to have with the one I got for EX from LRG.

I'm going to go ahead and guess that this is just the regular version of the first game, but hopefully I'm wrong and it's EX.