• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

NIS America, Inc.

Check out the latest and greatest from NIS America all in one place! Find your new favorite game, along with the most recent updates.

Select Danganronpa
titles on the PlayStation™Store will no longer be available for purchase from NIS America. Please refer to the dates listed below for more information on when each title will no longer be available.​

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Interesting... Changing hands to a different publisher?

Kass15

Jan 14, 2018
I would assume they are going to release again on more consoles under Spike Chunsoft. Otherwise, would be a bad way to celebrate an anniversary.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Already have them on disc.

They are available on Steam, correct?

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I need to nab V3 on Vita then. I doubt Spike Chunsoft would bother republishing that digitally.

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
Too Kyo Games buying the rights to it? Maybe Kodaka wants to own the IP himself.

Oh I get it, Spike just handles it themselves now.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Changing publisher to SCS themselves makes sense, since they self-published on Steam.

Last edited:

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girl (PS Vita) 08/31/2020
Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (PS Vita) 09/4/2020
Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (PS Vita) 09/4/2020
Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (PS Vita) 09/25/2020
Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (PS4™)

Interesting that 1+2 Reload isn't listed, as that is also attributed to NISA.

What are the chances of the Vita games going back up? Mildly interested but $80 for 1/2/3 is a big investment

Mashing

Oct 28, 2017
I"ve got all the games and just bought V3 during the Steam sale (I've played all games in the series on PC).

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
If you have a fully BC system, then this doesn't affect that. Your games will be downloadable even if they are delisted.
Well that is one aspect of it, but the Danganronpa games are some of the most beloved games on the Vita. If these don't get re-releases digitally in some form it means that those that are just now getting into that ecosystem will have to buy physical copies, driving up prices on those copies, but at least that's an option now. If downloading these games was the only option, new players wouldn't even be able to purchase one of the Vita's killer apps. I just see the whole thing as problematic from a consumer perspective on multiple levels, but it also seems unavoidable unfortunately

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If you have a fully BC system, then this doesn't affect that. Your games will be downloadable even if they are delisted.

Unless of course the games being removed aren't supported, like these Vita titles, or a ton of PS3-era games that were delisted. Hell, we know Sony has the capability to outright block previously owned content like PT if they so choose.

And that of course, still limits future players to people who have previously purchased it. Everyone else is SOL

The Dark Soul

Jan 2, 2020
México
* "New World Order" starts playing *

Damn... that's almost all of them, but not ALL of them which is weirder. Good thing I've have them all on Steam, but I'm sure they will be back at some point.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is like physical games going OoP so 🤷‍♂️

But at least they still exist, can be circulated, traded, sold, lent.

Situations like these for an all digital future means the only people who can play a certain game are those who already purchased it in the past (and even then, you never know when they'll get blocked out too, like PT)

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Bummer that they aren't available on Switch simply because I enjoy those kind of games on a handheld (and have no Vita anymore).

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So glad I got the Vita versions for like £35 total. Would suck otherwise.

Weird though about the PS4 version of V3. I wonder why.

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
So glad I got the Vita versions for like £35 total. Would suck otherwise.

Weird though about the PS4 version of V3. I wonder why.

Agreements with NISA is probably expiring and the rights will revert back to Spike Chunsoft. After DR2 was released in the west they've created a localization branch to take care of their own games. NISA did V3 on on consoles but the PC version was published by Spike Chunsoft. 428 and Zanki Zero for instance were done directly by Spike Chunsoft on all platforms.

I guess this is partly why NISA did a partnership with Falcom has they were losing Spike Chunsoft titles.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Agreements with NISA is probably expiring and the rights will revert back to Spike Chunsoft. After DR2 was released in the west they've created a localization branch to take care of their own games. NISA did V3 on on consoles but the PC version was published by Spike Chunsoft. 428 and Zanki Zero for instance were done directly by Spike Chunsoft on all platforms.

I guess this is partly why NISA did a partnership with Falcom has they were losing Spike Chunsoft titles.

Yeah that all makes sense, thanks for the info.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be honest, I don't think the Vita ports are getting back up on PSN when the games change hands. If you're even slightly interested in buying these games on the Vita, do it now.

Hzsn724

Nov 10, 2017
Have the Vita cards so I'm good. But this is weird? I guess Spike Chunsoft is going to release them self published soon?

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
WHy are you guys even doing this digital future shtick in here when it's clearly just reverting back to the developer to be self published.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Put them on sale Nisa !
I've been waiting like forever to grab V3 at a good price on PS Vita cause it feels like the right place to play it !

FBGMM2

Sep 15, 2018
Cancun MX
Bumping this thread, Danganrompa games will be removed soon of PSN sold by NISA, so head ups and they are currently on sale, yesterday bought V3 and Ultradespair girls...

Both are 9.99 USD