• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CampFreddie

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
Another problem for international flights is airline ownership. Flying rights are highly protectionist, with limits on what percentage of a company must be owned by a country, in order for rights to be granted. British Airways and others are part UK, part rest-of-EU and might not qualify as either.
Basically, make sure you don't fly on an airline partly-owned by the UK, even if you're taking a BA flight from Dubai to New York.

My company has decided that UK staff should not book any travel after March unless it's an emergency. All international meetings/conferences in April should be attended by a deputy from an EU office.

Last edited:

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
And this is just a small bit of the economy, following hauling and tiny crumbles of information regarding medicines and healthcare.

Imagine how many industries that we don't know of could go tits up in the event of an unmanaged no deal Brexit.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
And this is just a small bit of the economy, following hauling and tiny crumbles of information regarding medicines and healthcare.

Imagine how many industries that we don't know of could go tits up in the event of an unmanaged no deal Brexit.

It's breathtaking that there are still people who think the brexit is a good idea. I was hoping to take a trip in April or May and now I don't want to get anywhere near heathrow.

Bleu

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
Uh... planning a family trip in July of 2019. Am I going to be screwed at the last minute needing visas? USA citizen here.
In case of a no-deal disorderly brexit there will be some amount of screwage, but how much ? that is unknown.
It goes from no-fly zone (so, no trip), to whatever emergency agreement may contain if the uk manages to set up one with the US, or the EU.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
With how repugnant, uncaring and out of touch with reality our British ruling class is, I can see why France had a revolution...
giphy.gif

Except that the Monarchy has absolutely nothing to do with the current problems. It's their corrupt stupid ass representative government that is driving the nation off a cliff.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
I don't think you can blame the government when half of the voting population voted to leave.

That's true but by all accounts it seems that the majority of the population is now against leaving, especially without a deal, by a healthy margin. But the government refuses to stop the process or at least hold another referendum. So in that way the government is fucking over their constituents.

Gawge

Oct 27, 2017
That's true but by all accounts it seems that the majority of the population is now against leaving, especially without a deal, by a healthy margin. But the government refuses to stop the process or at least hold another referendum. So in that way the government is fucking over their constituents.

By what accounts? The dodgy leave splitting polls?

Another leave vs remain referendum would be, at best, incredibly tight still.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
By what accounts? The dodgy leave splitting polls?

Another leave vs remain referendum would be, at best, incredibly tight still.

Well if a second referendum really does result in another victory for Leave then London and Scotland should immediately secede and leave the rest of the UK to burn because it'll deserve it.

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Can we stop this Brexit nonsense now? Leavers had their fun. They had a crack, but it's clearly unworkable. Whatever deal they strike will make us worse off, and a 'no deal' on WTO rules would be the suicide option.

Just scrap Brexit.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
I assume they mean don't book now for a holiday after March as no-one knows how the border will work, not that we'll all be banned from leaving the country from March 30th. Hopefully these kind of stories will keep putting the pressure on to call the whole thing off.

At the moment travel across the EU is subject to free movement. A "no deal" brexit would mean that the UK is outside the EU and has no visa arrangements. It may prove literally impossible to acquire a visa for travel across the EU border in the short term.

This would be made even more uncertain on the land border with Ireland, which will remain in the EU. Presumably passage across the border will still be free under the Good Friday Agreement, but many other agreements that make life in Ireland easy for British people will lapse.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Came here to say the same. I change in Amsterdam. Kinda worried Brexit might fuck it all up but surely not.... SURELY NOT.

Tories: Picard Make It So Meme

I was considering going to Japan in spring just after March (start of April-ish) but yeah, not going to even think about traveling until I know what's what. Usually use KLM which stops over in Amsterdam so yeaaah....

The only consolation to me is that plenty of people who voted leave will get screwed over on their next holidays to spain lol.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
I was considering going to Japan in spring just after March (start of April-ish) but yeah, not going to even think about traveling until I know what's what. Usually use KLM which stops over in Amsterdam so yeaaah....

The only consolation to me is that plenty of people who voted leave will get screwed over on their next holidays to spain lol.
Yeah I would expect riots on the streets (finally!) if people's cheap holiday to Spain was under threat.

Off topic but our trip over to Japan only has 1hr 20 minute gap between landing and taking off to Japan at Amsterdam airport. Are we fucked? It was all booked together so surely they wouldn't let us book that if we couldn't make the connection? Worried about our luggage too... Any experience with this? (Sorry everyone)

Syntrophos

Nov 25, 2018
God this whole thing is so stupid. How two of the world's greatest powers got fucked in the ass so hard by Russian trolls will really be something to behold when the history books are written
Honestly the UK government deliberately stoking reactionary fervour whilst shitting all over the country and blaming it on the EU was enough. No need to blame anyone else but ourselves for this one.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Off topic but our trip over to Japan only has 1hr 20 minute gap between landing and taking off to Japan at Amsterdam airport. Are we fucked? It was all booked together so surely they wouldn't let us book that if we couldn't make the connection? Worried about our luggage too... Any experience with this? (Sorry everyone)

Yeah, that's fine... or at least I would say so if it wasn't for Brexit. With Brexit, who knows if it's enough time or not.

dr_octagon

Dec 31, 2017
it's like a handshake agreement with someone who will set you on fire. it's not legally binding, makes no sense but i'm already doused in petrol and bought a box of matches.

i guess we will learn to love blue passports and our future jam based economy

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
It's advice if you're going in a package holiday.
TBH, I'd like to see a Venn diagram of leave voters and Package holiday purchasers, i bet that overlap section would be gigantic.

RetroDLC

Oct 27, 2017

Maybe book your flights with Aeroflot via Russia with no stops in mainland Europe, that should be good for avoiding any EU airport naffery.

Ugh, I'm aiming to relocate to Japan next year in September. This whole situation is fucked.

Deleted member 9986

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't May L I T E R A L L Y appointed to get a deal done? They wasted all their time on that while the poor in the UK (everyone outside of London) a crippling under the weight of lackluster policy making.

Auctopus

Self-requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still amazing how the government and media talk about the negative effects of Brexit still as if this whole things has been unavoidable.

Oct 27, 2017
We'll all be too busy fighting each other for the last pack of hob nobs in Asda anyway the way this shitshow is going...

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
I say this everytime we have a Brexit thread, but I still don't quite understand what he Deal they want is?

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I say this everytime we have a Brexit thread, but I still don't quite understand what he Deal they want is?
Alas they were sold a bridge by people who lied to them about how easy it would be to re-negotiate great deals while being the smaller party in each of those deals and with a ticking clock, and some of it was just anti-immigrant fervor.