• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Dec 2, 2017
We don't need a Dreamcast Classic. It's not dead, it's just thinking.

I would insta buy one even if it was crap like all the other retro Sega systems.

Oct 25, 2017
But I did buy a Dreamcast, the Unofficial Official Second-Greatest Video Gaming Console Ever Made, and now I just want a mini-Dreamcast so that it has a lil' brudder. :(

Dec 2, 2017
I didn't bail, Sonic. I served with pride. I'll never forget the magic I felt when I bought the Dreamcast at launch. I did eventually get a PS2, but it just wasn't the same. And it's never been the same since, to be honest.

And no, the Dreamcast was not my first console. I had a NES, SNES, Megadrive and PS1 before that, so it wasn't "first console nostalgia syndrome". It was just that damn good.
It's true. Dreamcast wasn't my first console, it was my 7th and quite possibly my favourite. It was every bit as good as people say, day one Soul Calibur was such a holy shit moment. The industry lost out badly with its demise.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Dreamcast was a cool system with a handful of great games, but come on it would have never stood up to the PS2 even if they didn't abandon it. After the Saturn they were lucky to even get the Dreamcast to market.

I think it was the Dreamcast that taught me it was possible to have polygons and 60fps in the same game, even if I didn't know what framerate was back then

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
It's true. Dreamcast wasn't my first console, it was my 7th and quite possibly my favourite. It was every bit as good as people say, day one Soul Calibur was such a holy shit moment. The industry lost out badly with its demise.
Soul Calibur was quite possibly the biggest graphical leap I have ever experienced in my life. That it also happened to be a superb game (Maxi 4 lyfe) was icing atop a spectacular cake.