• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TeHi & BuSp

Banned
Sep 28, 2018
twitter.com

Mario Kart Tour on Twitter

“#MarioKartTour multiplayer is here! Let's celebrate with a retweet campaign. If this tweet and the corresponding one on the Japanese account reach a combined 30,000 RTs, all current players will be gifted 30 rubies and an in-game badge! Watch the video for more info. https://t.co/z4pVpcjkn3”

At this point I'm afraid to ask .... but there is no love for Mario Kart Tour?

Graefellsom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Played a few matches.. lost a couple due to some blueshell and lightning bullshit (i seemed to be the only person who lost items) and won one due out of pure luck.
its alright.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
It's nice that it finally has multiplayer but I feel like most people have moved on. Anecdotally, I knew a ton of people playing at launch and none are now.

Oct 27, 2017

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
I can't afford to throw this controller.

giphy.gif

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
The game has a big community thread on ERA and this news also got its own thread - seems like enough love to me, at least for anyone interested in the game.

ZeldaGalaxy94

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Sweden
Serious post?! Even over MK8??

I played it for about 30 minutes, did not like the handling at all and deleted it. I expected much more from Ninty's mobile output.
When I played MK8, I did the cup GP 50-200, max 5 tries, to get max point 60p. So it almost too easy to get gold!

Then I did multiplayer and it was either too easy normal players or too hard hacker players.

So I didn't like the multiplayer mode in MK8 or the singleplayer GP more than other MK games!
The graphic and music is great, but that about it!

The DLC I tried out to get the GP gold, still easy, and then I was finish with MK8!
Fun for a month or two only!

MKT on the other is more fun for it put my MK-skills to the test to get a better combo at each track with what I have, which sometimes mean no top-tier stuff.
And I also use "all" the different characters a lot more and not only my main like Rosalina in MK8.
And I like the smaller challenge too, make it more vary also

So yes, I really like it

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
twitter.com

Mario Kart Tour on Twitter

“#MarioKartTour multiplayer is here! Let's celebrate with a retweet campaign. If this tweet and the corresponding one on the Japanese account reach a combined 30,000 RTs, all current players will be gifted 30 rubies and an in-game badge! Watch the video for more info. https://t.co/z4pVpcjkn3”

At this point I'm afraid to ask .... but there is no love for Mario Kart Tour?
Not from me, the game is fundamentally bad and it saddens me that it gets all the content love while MK8DX just sits there.

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
Even though I haven't played much recently, I love the Mario Kart Tour Gameplay. Felt they were able to create something much better than I expected for a Mario Kart mobile experience.

The gacha & progression systems are annoying, but I believe this is industry standard already.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
MK Tour is easily the most disgusting thing Nintendo have ever tried to pull re: heavy monetisation in a franchise notorious for being family friendly that many parents wouldn't even think twice about letting their kids play.

So no, no love on my end.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
OP
OP
TeHi & BuSp

TeHi & BuSp

Banned
Sep 28, 2018
I understand all the hatred for the shit of microtransactions but it is a truly portable Mario Kart, it is a Nintendo product that is constantly updated and moreover having a company all year long with ad hoc events is something unthinkable up to a few Years ago.

Oct 25, 2017
Why would you ask a video game centric forum that is filled mostly with people that hate most mobile games on principle why they don't love a mobile game?

No love? Of course there's no love here, no one here really cares.

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
We don't hate mobile games on principle, we hate mobile games with $40 Diddy Kong packs.

It turns out that the lovable characters aren't alone what makes Nintendo games great
Mario Kart Arcade GP proved that. (Which isn't terrible, but it's certainly not up to the same par.)

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I understand all the hatred for the shit of microtransactions but it is a truly portable Mario Kart, it is a Nintendo product that is constantly updated and moreover having a company all year long with ad hoc events is something unthinkable up to a few Years ago.
The issue is that there is another portable mario kart out there now....on their main console, not getting anything.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
Mario Kart 9 is a looong way off with the team still working on this mobile game. :(

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What do you get for playing it? The game's economy has been so fundamentally broken if you're a f2p player and I doubt this will fix that much

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
It has an OT here, but ultimately it's mobile game with all the bad tropes you can imagine. I still play it, without paying a single cent but you get to a point where even the smallest progress requires weeks of playing. And while the races can be fun for a short while, there is no complexity or challenge: get more drivers, karts and gliders so you have better chances to have tier 3 assets for the race, lvl them as much and high as you can (which requires a metric ton of money if done properly or years to of grind), win and win more points, rank up, experience even more grind.

Can't say anything about the real multiplayer since the beta was barred behind gold pass and the free version I couldn't try yet.

blamite

Oct 27, 2017
As much as I love Mario Kart the Howie controls mare this unplayable to me. I can handle the gacha, I've played Dragalia Lost more than most games since it's been out, but Mario Kart Tour just feels bad to play.

empty feat

Oct 29, 2017
Yorkshire, UK
I stuck with it for a good month or something, but the skin content just wasn't worth the grind and even if it was the gacha made it less and less likely you would unlock anything you wanted (and if you didn't unlock these things you're at a disadvantage playing for gems in your mini-league ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

ZeldaGalaxy94

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Sweden
Ah yes, people that are more skilled than you are "hackers".

It's the same poster that was in another thread spreading made up nonsense about CTR having lootboxes and other misinformation to say that it's the same as MKT in terms of microtransactions.
But wasn't that true for the Wii U version?
at least MKW had that problem