No Man's Sky Beyond Update

Oct 25, 2017
"First details on No Man’s Sky Beyond, the huge new expansion coming to the PS4 sci-fi adventure this summer"

Link Playstation Blog

Online finally coming! :o

"Whilst this brings people together like never before, and has many recognisable online elements, we don’t consider No Man’s Sky to be an MMO – it won’t require a subscription, won’t contain microtransactions, and will be free for all existing players."

Oct 27, 2017
It’s amazing how they were able to turn this game around, entirely FREE too

Whereas Bethesda is “trying” to turn their game around but still pumping ungodly amounts of micro transactions

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Congrats to them. They've redeemed themselves, and basically proven that people assuming bad faith on Hello Games's part were out of line.

I hope their game's still profitable, 'cause they've really been supporting this like nothing else in recent memory.

Nov 22, 2018
Congrats to them. They've redeemed themselves, and basically proven that people assuming bad faith on Hello Games's part were out of line.

I hope their game's still profitable, 'cause they've really been supporting this like nothing else in recent memory.
lets be honest here it was fully deserved. They've add features that were promised for launch. Games been out nearly 3 years now.

Oct 29, 2017
But what do you do?

/s

Supported this since launch, an incredible achievement and commitment and I really am happy they've done this time and time again, and each update they've demonstrated they care for the game and each time these updates land, more people are brought to the game that left it alone and each time more and more people change their tune (rightly so) agree the launch.

Oct 31, 2017
I always wanted to jump back in and I went back after that last big update but the start is always so rough, trying to get off the planet looking for a bunch of rare flowers to start your engine, hoping you're not freezing to death or getting blasted by those flying droids while you're just harvesting.

Jan 24, 2018
Early Access is almost over!
In all seriousness though, the updates have been fantastic, I always check them out.

Is the online different from the current online? They make it sound more MMO-like.

Oct 25, 2017
Their continued focus on online features feels like a middle finger directed at people who liked what the game presented itself as at launch. I wish there still was a way to play the No Man's Sky I paid for.

Oct 25, 2017

Eh we probably wouldn't be here if those people hadn't stood up and said something.

Oct 25, 2017
Let's be honest and finally admit that they weren't out to scam people, and just ran into time and budget issues, is what I'm saying.
Yeah this, I dont necessarily think the initial disappointment was unwarranted (because let's be real, who has ever fixed/expanded a game to this extent?) but the level of vitriol was completely out of line. Hello did the correct thing by staying quiet and let the patch notes speak for themselves. I think the game had the biggest turnaround ever after NEXT, so this is just pushing it further.

I've already put in 40 hrs at launch and 80 hrs after NEXT. I can see enough new content giving me another 40 hrs easily. I'll be damned if I haven't gotten my $60 out of NMS

Nov 2, 2017
I jumped in after the first big update (Next?) after being a doubter, but unfortunately I still feel like this game is ‘wider than it is deep.’ There wasn’t any real hook to keep me interested, everything felt so superficial and there was no challenge. Haven’t played it since they added the community missions and what not, but I’m looking forward to giving it a second chance and happy they’re still updating it.

Oct 28, 2017
It’s amazing how they were able to turn this game around, entirely FREE too

Whereas Bethesda is “trying” to turn their game around but still pumping ungodly amounts of micro transactions
While it is admirable the initial sales of No Man's Sky along with the very small nature of Hello Games means they can probably easily afford to do that. I'm not sure if Bethesda has such luxury.

Oct 28, 2017
I have a huge amount of respect for those guys, not only did they made their game MASSIVELY better than on launch,but without even asking for a penny or adding microtransactions(*cough*bethesda*cough*)

Oct 25, 2017
Lol I told you guys in the last thread that "Small" for Sean was still massive when compared to other games.

This game is the best comeback story along with FFXIV

Dec 4, 2017
I want them to make a sequel now. Working 3 years on updates is a bit much. Surely they need money soon haha. It’s amazing what they’ve done. I hope they’re working on something else at the same time though.