• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
looks good! i like the walking animation of the mechs.

edit: that 65daysofstatic track never gets old. so good...

Last edited:

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
What the hell Sean

How many more things are going to be added to this game

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That looks amazing. I know ill never have enough credits/parts to unlock that in normal mode, so i cant wait to screw around with it im creative

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I should finally pick this up...I say to myself for the tenth time.

4 Get!

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 8, 2019
Can't view the video right now but I want to know, can it be taken with you on ships or is it like the other vehicles where you have to keep them on the planet you built them?

Browser

Apr 13, 2019
is the ending of this game still what it originally was?

and what is the current flow of gameplay for the story? is it like minecraft, if you want to go to the nether you can, but you dont have to, you can just build a kickass base and fight the environment?

Deleted member 4247

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they update this game for next gen (unless they're working on a proper sequel). The big leap in CPU power should be able to do very nice things.

Lueken

Dec 15, 2017
Looks great! Continuing one of the best stories of the generation. Hope they do a PS5/XSX update.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
I hope it'll actually have a use, they keep adding more and more toys but rarely expand the core gameplay pillars that give us things to do with all these toys they keep adding in. Like how boring exploration is because everything's the same, or how combat is so barebones.

Deleted member 4247

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game would do much more wonders with SSD upgrades than CPU upgrades I'd imagine.

Don't really think so, since the entire game is based around generating worlds on the fly (very CPU-heavy) rather than loading maps from storage. Of course it loads individual assets, so the SSD would certainly help there, but the current game is more limited by CPU power IMO.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
damn this is sick. i really hope this game gets updated for next gen or a sequel.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Haha OMG this game! Hello Games is the best dev this whole generation! I love everything about this game and this update looks nuuuts! =D

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Absolutely thrilled that they keep adding more and more to this game.

With that said, I've tried to get back to it a few times and I still find the normal game design to simply be too lacking for me. Guess I've seen enough different planets to notice how they all feel similar and the exploration aspect has just fallen off too much. The space stations are all just copy/paste of one another. I hope to feel encouraged to return at some point because it's come such a long way since launch. Anyone else find the newness wears off very quick after returning from a new update?

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
I hope it'll actually have a use, they keep adding more and more toys but rarely expand the core gameplay pillars that give us things to do with all these toys they keep adding in. Like how boring exploration is because everything's the same, or how combat is so barebones.

agreed. All this stuff is super cool but I just don't enjoy the core gameplay loop so it's moot for me unfortunately.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely thrilled that they keep adding more and more to this game.

With that said, I've tried to get back to it a few times and I still find the normal game design to simply be too lacking for me. Guess I've seen enough different planets to notice how they all feel similar and the exploration aspect has just fallen off too much. The space stations are all just copy/paste of one another. I hope to feel encouraged to return at some point because it's come such a long way since launch. Anyone else find the newness wears off very quick after returning from a new update?
You're essentially getting more tools to do the same few jobs. It wears off when you realize you're still doing the same exact thing. I got 100 hours out of NMS so the core gameplay loop was fun, but it hasn't actually gotten any better.

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017
Since when do the planets looks this good? I remember the graphics to be very mediocre in this game

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
Yeah, I can easily say, without any shadow of a doubt, that ever since the VR update came out, NMS became my favourite game of all time. The support has been absolutely insane and even though I got the limited edition of the game day-1, I wish I could support Hello Games in any other way.

Hell, it's probably the only thing that makes me play PSVR every now and then, since I've beaten every other game I have there.

MidweekCoyote

Mar 23, 2018
is the ending of this game still what it originally was?

and what is the current flow of gameplay for the story? is it like minecraft, if you want to go to the nether you can, but you dont have to, you can just build a kickass base and fight the environment?

Define "ending". There is a completely new story that gives you an option to choose a "conclusion" but isn't forcing you to. Of course, you can "brute force it" and reach the center without the new story, but reaching it hasn't been the overarching goal for years. Literally think Minecraft where you beat the Dragon and then you just continue the adventure. Sandbox, sandbox, sandbox.

As for the second part, there are various playstyles. The story is recommended as it's also a tutorial (and really decently written), but you can ignore it and focus on whatever you want. You can set up a base and build upon it, be an explorer who just jumps and does missions, you can get money by documenting wildlife, focus on trading, fool around in the multiplayer hub doing community missions, grow your own bioship... The list just goes on. Some features are more expansive than others, mind you. (And there is a redstone equivalent now)

Since when does the planets looks this good? I remember the graphics to be very mediocre in this game

Around 2½ years ago at this point.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
I mean a mech sounds cool (missed the video), but knowing the gameplay loop of NMS...what's the practical use of a walking mech in this game? I mean yeah, it's cool, but it's not like there's much to do with it in a game like this.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
I'm starting to feel bad about not having a way to buy something new for this game. I wouldn't mind putting money down for something.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
It's tough to hate Hello Games after all these amazing updates to the game that have been completely free, but the one thing I've always wanted changed or updated that they haven't done yet is expand and rework the biomes for planets.

I haven't played recently so please correct me if I'm wrong, but I always hated no matter where you land on a planet it will always look the same. There's no southern/northern hemisphere where certain parts of the planet could be lush forests or even jungles while other parts are snowy icecaps or sweltering deserts. Depending on where you are changes up your survival technique as well as animal and fauna analysis.

I'm sure it's something they wanted to do but perhaps the limitations of the engine prevent it.