• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Jun 1, 2018
There are mounts - rideable aliens! - denser and more varied biomes, new construction and crafting, tameable creatures, milkable creatures, cooking and recipes, a new galactic map, a new discovery menu, a new word-learning system, all-new NPC races, NPC encounters on planet surfaces, improved base building that introduces logic and electricity systems and can allow for bigger bases. It can even allow, as Hello Games' founder Grant Duncan mocked up before our visit to the studio, for a fully functioning game of Rocket League to be played out within No Man's Sky, complete with a working scoring system.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
source.gif

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Milkable... didnt know I needed that feature but MY GOD i need that feature. Stardew Galaxy here we come

ZeroCoin

Oct 26, 2017
Feelings one way or the other on the original product aside, it really is great to see them continue to work on this. I haven't played since the Atlas Rises patch, but I'm thinking about starting a new game once this launches next week.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you put logic and electric stuff in a crafting and building game, people will go insane with it.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
this game went from having nothing to having everything. Now I'm almost too intimidated to jump in.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
You can tell the love in his voice for the VR implementation. Somehow this 3/4 year old game is going to become one of my favorite titles of 2019. I literally just bought it yesterday for the first time ever, never played it before. But a game of this nature in VR has simply too high of a ceiling if it all falls into place.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Ok, this little text is miles better than the horrible trailer (thought it's the worst patch trailer they did so far), now I'm hyped!

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
this game went from having nothing to having everything. Now I'm almost too intimidated to jump in.

The Next "tutorial" missions are great and dole out the content slowly so you dont feel overwhelmed at first and lets you get a handle on the systems pretty easily. They probably updated them again for the new stuff as well

GodofWine

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I thought he was Bryce Harper for a moment in that picture.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
New NPC races sounds interesting, it would be a bit of a shake up of the lore. I wonder how they'll implement them.

G-X

Oct 28, 2017
Unpopular opinion but with them putting a firm 2.0 on this, I'd like to see them put out similar large updates as no longer free. The studio deserves it, they have gone well beyond any expectations that should be placed on them, and I for one would like to support them for their continued work. I put hundreds of hours into early versions of the game but haven't touched it in forever but the addition of of VR alone is enough to pull me back in

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
honestly this game is up there with FFXIV as one of the biggest turnarounds ever

really gotta give credit to that team for sticking with it

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
Another interview:

This led to my question about the game's road map for future content. Murray insisted he doesn't have one.
"We're going to stop when we're not creatively into it," he said flatly. "When we're not inspired. The community will probably be mad at us when we do, but I don't think I'd want us working on something we were just adding skins to, or something like that. We get excited about stuff. It's the core of our studio now. It'd make me sad for [our staff] to just put in new costumes or parts week in and week out."
That might make the company more money in a cost-to-profit way, Murray said, "but then we wouldn't be the same studio. That's when we'll stop. I thought that might happen after Next launched; I thought it was going to happen to me. People may be annoyed or not understand that you can't predict when that's going to happen. I don't think I can."
Murray took a breath—not a sigh, though. Not even close to a sigh. "When Beyond is out of the way," he finished, "will I come into work still super-excited about this game? At the moment, yes, I feel that."

Deleted member 14663

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Unpopular opinion but with them putting a firm 2.0 on this, I'd like to see them put out similar large updates as no longer free. The studio deserves it, they have gone well beyond any expectations that should be placed on them, and I for one would like to support them for their continued work. I put hundreds of hours into early versions of the game but haven't touched it in forever but the addition of of VR alone is enough to pull me back in

Well you go on right ahead and send up a donation page!

Oct 27, 2017
This is wild. Each version of the game has played differently enough that it feels like we're watching the evolution of a series rather than a single game. Very exciting!

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich
I just bought the game. Mainly because of VR but all the other things also sounds pretty cool.
Excited to see what it's all about.

Molecule

Nov 2, 2017
I only played 10 hours at launch. Planning on jumping back in with a friend when this lands.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I always thought the seething vitriol people had about this game and the dude was overboard. I can certainly understand disappointment with the product, but a lot of the complaints felt very personal towards Sean Murray.

I'm really happy they turned this game around. VR mode sold me on Beyond. The way they put their heads down and didn't give up when the entire internet was booing them is a real inspiration. Good on them. People aren't booing now.

Landford

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No hyperbole, there's no game like this on the market right now. Not even close.

MidweekCoyote

Mar 23, 2018
I won't believe it until I see it in action with my own eyes.

Well, lucky for you the update is out next week and each update so far has been UNDERhyped, if anything.

If anyone else is in doubt about that, look at what they told about NEXT (and the trailer they released) prior to release, then check the patchnotes at release. It's pretty mental.

They're doing good fucking work and charge nothing extra for it.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
I always thought the seething vitriol people had about this game and the dude was overboard. I can certainly understand disappointment with the product, but a lot of the complaints felt very personal towards Sean Murray.

I'm really happy they turned this game around. VR mode sold me on Beyond. The way they put their heads down and didn't give up when the entire internet was booing them is a real inspiration. Good on them. People aren't booing now.
They've all moved onto EGS. Ooblets dealing with them now until the next announcement takes them

Abylim

Oct 29, 2017
Australia

Unless he killed a personal family member, Ofcourse the hatred is overblown. I say that as someone who was disappointed in the launch.

Game looks awesome now. And has for some time.

TheMan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thread title is a good example of why NMS has gotten hate. Sean didn't say "fully functioning" but now some people will go in expecting something that isn't quite possible and claim that's what he promised.

Hyperbole aside, I'm super excited for this. Time wipe the dust off my psvr headset.

Belvedere

Oct 27, 2017
Man that has a lot of potential especially for an already super creative community. I need more morsels of 2.0 tho.

Oct 27, 2017
I like how you can tell the state of the team/game by how well put together of tired/crazed Sean Murray and his beard are

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Hello Games deserves nothing but praise for sticking with NMS, and continuing to improve it.
Other developers would've walked away long ago.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Sheesh, the game has gone from being a wreck to one of the best support and developed games out there. I only got into NMS when Next came out for 1X. Not played in a while, so all the water stuff looks super cool. Time to jump back in.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
I'll be picking up a new copy on PS4. Super excited for VR space adventures and happy to see the No Man's Sky project rounding out so impressively.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
VR sold me on picking up and playing it for another 30-40 hours but 32 player multiplayer and all these amazing sounding new features just sold me on 100-200+ hours easily. It's sounding like a more advanced ARK but in space.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Have it both on PS4 and Xbox One, now I don't know if I should invest myself completely into the VR version or into the best technical version. :/

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Incoming "my friend made a calculator in NMS and it is awesome" thread