• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Only I get to decide what type of OT subtitle you use. Seriousness has been banished from the land.

MILKGOLOLBAD

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 5, 2019
No Man's Sky is the only game I've ever asked a refund for. A few years later I'm happy to own it. What a turnaround.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Is it possible to have the gif of Luke drinking space walrus milk in the title? Come on admins, do it.

Inki

Oct 30, 2017
No Man's Sky |OT| 2.0 and BEYOND
No Man's Sky Beyond |OT| Everything else is child's play
Above is a Nintendo Power Commercial/Tagline

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
No Man's Sky is the only game I've ever asked a refund for. A few years later I'm happy to own it. What a turnaround.
Same here, it is the only game I've ever refunded on Steam (I did a refund on some VR games before on Oculus store). I just rebought it and can't wait to experience all the new features and VR. Going to try VR via VirtualDesktop on my Quest since I sold my PC VR headset more than a year ago.

mindatlarge

Oct 27, 2017
PA, USA
Gotta hand it to this team of devs. They really stuck with this game, eventually got to see their game how they envisioned it would be. Crazy to think how this game launched and what it has become. Excellent work.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe leave out titles joking about SEAN LIED so we're not actively inviting that annoying bullshit into the next thread?

For some reason I thought the 14th was this Friday and not Wednesday so now my hype just ramped up by two days fffffff

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
NMS Online + VR... man I really just can't stop thinking about all the future possibilities with the tools here. Theres just an unlimited amount of potential, hell they can update the game for 2 or 3 more years and then launch a full blown NMS VR MMO on next gen hardware... just imagine the possibilities of THAT

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Went ahead and double-dipped on the PC version of the game. I'm going to play seriously on that version and use my old PS4 version to play around with the PSVR stuff. I doubt I would want to play the game full time in VR so I'll most likely stick to playing a high quality PC version.

GearDraxon

Oct 25, 2017
I brought so many dumb subtitle ideas to choose from!

No Man's Sky |OT| Beyond The Milky Way

No Man's Sky |OT| Ladies And Gentlemen VR Floating In Space

No Man's Sky |OT| In Space, Nobody Can Hear You Ask About The Sandworms

No Man's Sky |OT| When You'll Literally Fly To Another Planet To Avoid Buying Rocket League On The EGS

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
No Man's Sky |OT| In Space, Nobody Can Hear You Ask About The Sandworms
tenor.gif

Telaso

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe leave out titles joking about SEAN LIED so we're not actively inviting that annoying bullshit into the next thread?

Sad thing is, it doesnt matter whether its invited in or not. Every NMS thread online has a few people spewing their vile about a video game everywhere.

Can't wait to try this on a Valve Index. Hopefully be able to order one in November!

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Sad thing is, it doesnt matter whether its invited in or not. Every NMS thread online has a few people spewing their vile about a video game everywhere.

Can't wait to try this on a Valve Index. Hopefully be able to order one in November!
I know it's gonna happen anyway I just don't think we need to encourage it in the thread title. Maybe, just maybe, someone with some stupid thing to snark about will see the thread, and before they enter to make some dumbfuck comment, go, you know what, I'm so tired, I'm just so tired, and pass it up if it's not right there in the title egging them on.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Agreed on not putting some stupid lie joke in the title. Dick move that will just attract more asshats that cant let shit go. Serious or funny i dont care, just no need to go there.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still think that OT: Hello Worlds is awesome. Fuck if it was used on gaf before

Oct 25, 2017
I was rightly critical of the messaging of this game when it launched but they have really made amends. This last update is so good I'll for sure to buy NMS if there's a nice sale.

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
No Man's Sky: Beyond |OT| A Realm Reborn

Nah that's a bit weak :p

After some oddities got my Oculus relatively stable after updating usb drivers (didn't know that was a thing) so I'm getting pumped!

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

For some reason I thought the 14th was this Friday and not Wednesday so now my hype just ramped up by two days fffffff

Just to be clear, I was just messing about with Kyuuji, I agree such titles are unamusing across the board regardless of any history the game may have. Generally I dislike the "cliquey" ones with in jokes or tired references as well.
I was just poking fun at the concept that an OT *has to be jokey and droll rather than "serious" The previous page had some corkers, 8Bytes "Beyond Reality" for example.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
Sounds fine on paper, but you need a propulsion system, and reworked inertia, etc for it to not feel terrible, and you'd also need to rig up new animations for all the player models etc in 3rd person mode.
Why ? I said like ship.
I think every player share the same animations.

It's not a tiny amount of work, and they'd also have to you know program the actual gameplay around it to make it have a point. I could see it being the focus of an entire update if they want to do it properly.
It is not that big. There is no gameplay mecanism around it, yes, and this is why they won't take time to do it.
Like you said, space could have a big overhaul in a dedicated update. Either there is engine limitation or they don't care that much about that part of the game, but 1.0 space and 1.77 space is basically the same.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Are we sure VR won't be a new category on the menu like Survival and Creative with a separate save? I was thinking about that last night. If now, then I will also start a new game.

They talked about VR players sharing the same world as non-VR players, so I don't think it is isolated.

I'm starting over though!