• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Oh shit it just sunk in this is due tomorrow, potentially, depending on time zones and whenever the patch gets pushed out.
I kept thinking it was a week away, this month is moving fast. Hype!

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Who?

On a serious note: I was inclined to play/buy it at release but having seen it at a friend's I was immediately turned off plus all the lies and fake promises. But all those big updates in the past and now this is really making me consider to buy it and try it out for myself with all those new features – the premise of the game is still unchanged and I like it. It's really incredible to see their turn-around and I think they definitely deserved that second chance and they took good use of it.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Keep 'em coming.

But all those big updates in the past and now this is really making me consider to buy it and try it out for myself with all those new features – the premise of the game is still unchanged and I like it. It's really incredible to see their turn-around and I think they definitely deserved that second chance and they took good use of it.
Go for it. If you think you'll enjoy even the basics then it's more than worth the price of entry.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
No Man's Sky [OT] Beyond Guildford to Betelgeuse

To go "Full Douglas" as it were.

TBH any true Deities in Guildford would be shamed by the poor attempt at a Cathedral there ;)

Last edited:

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What about [OT] Beyond VR Worlds? Its about the update, and also a little play on the VR Worlds Sony released, and well, worlds you can visit.

Brodo Baggins

Oct 27, 2017
Why ? I said like ship.
I think every player share the same animations.

It is not that big. There is no gameplay mecanism around it, yes, and this is why they won't take time to do it.
Like you said, space could have a big overhaul in a dedicated update. Either there is engine limitation or they don't care that much about that part of the game, but 1.0 space and 1.77 space is basically the same.

If they were to add it it should be fun and have a point. If space walks are just shitty ship flying then I'd rather they not add it at all and wait for a real implementation.

Space has totally seen changes though like bigger fleets, frigates, freighter defense battles, resource reworking, new weapons, ship upgrades, etc.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
If they were to add it it should be fun and have a point.
Of course. But he can just say that instead of making a false excuse like "people will missed push a button and die". It bring confusion for some.
Space has totally seen changes though like bigger fleets, frigates, freighter defense battles, resource reworking, new weapons, ship upgrades, etc.
Existed in vanilla.
Ressource reworking was.. ressource matter.
Ship and weapons are ship matter.

The only thing close to space change is planet rendering from distance.

Brodo Baggins

Oct 27, 2017
Of course. But he can just say that instead of making a false excuse like "people will missed push a button and die". It bring confusion for some.

Existed in vanilla.
Ressource reworking was.. ressource matter.
Ship and weapons are ship matter.

The only thing close to space change is planet rendering from distance.
First I want to say I agree, and my first post said as much. His excuse in that interview is obviously BS. But I still think saying space is unchanged since vanilla is being highly reductive.

The models for most of the ownable Frigates did not exist until NEXT, you couldn't walk on or own freighters until Foundations, fleet battles had no missions rewards sound effects or animations until Foundation, Ally ships would not assist you until Foundation, fleet sizes grew radically from Foundations-NEXT (don't remember which update).

Flight model reworking, Ship components and, resource reworking (which are for exclusively space activities) should absolutely count as updating space since they have huge impact on how you interact and spend your time in space, and there are more changes I haven't rattled off here. If all you care about is purely aesthetic changes then sure space hasn't changed much at all, but I'd argue that's because the space aesthetics are already great and in a better state than most of the rest of the game tbh. But there's absolutely more to see and do now than there was in 1.0. I remember being surprised in NEXT, because I felt like if I wanted to I could actually spend all my time faffing around doing space stuff between frigate management, doing bounties and missions, and trading that I could make money decently efficiently without ever landing on a planet. In 1.0 space was only there as a loading screen pretty much.

SimonAbou

Dec 5, 2017
In a way NMS is a GaaS done right(excluding the rough launch).
Every update I come back to it super excited and play for a while.
After I have had my space exploration fix I leave it knowing that it will keep growing.
I never invest enough time to fully try out everything an update has to offer so I have a growing backlog of features to try out.

Props to Hello Games for sticking with it, I can't wait until tomorrow!

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
First I want to say I agree, and my first post said as much. His excuse in that interview is obviously BS. But I still think saying space is unchanged since vanilla is being highly reductive.

The models for most of the ownable Frigates did not exist until NEXT, you couldn't walk on or own freighters until Foundations, fleet battles had no missions rewards sound effects or animations until Foundation, Ally ships would not assist you until Foundation, fleet sizes grew radically from Foundations-NEXT (don't remember which update).

Flight model reworking, Ship components and, resource reworking (which are for exclusively space activities) should absolutely count as updating space since they have huge impact on how you interact and spend your time in space, and there are more changes I haven't rattled off here. If all you care about is purely aesthetic changes then sure space hasn't changed much at all, but I'd argue that's because the space aesthetics are already great and in a better state than most of the rest of the game tbh. But there's absolutely more to see and do now than there was in 1.0. I remember being surprised in NEXT, because I felt like if I wanted to I could actually spend all my time faffing around doing space stuff between frigate management, doing bounties and missions, and trading that I could make money decently efficiently without ever landing on a planet. In 1.0 space was only there as a loading screen pretty much.
I am not searching cosmetics things, no.
The list you put isn't refering to space things for me. Like you said, this is still used to go from A to B. The fact that A or B can now be a freighter doesn't change the fact there are still the same thing inbetween.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Will there be an OT for the update?

I'm looking forward to lots of vids/user impressions.

oakenhild

Oct 27, 2017
I asked this in another thread, but going to give this one a try as well:

Any ideas if it will it be possible to build a base with a friend and have it be persistent? I can build when he's offline, and vice versa? Was this possible in NEXT?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Are you guys continuing your save or are you starting a completely new game? I started with the last big update and played so many hours, but I think a restart would be for the best right?

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Will there be an OT for the update?
I'm looking forward to lots of vids/user impressions.
Yes, possibly really late tonight but likely tomorrow morning.

Would have been earlier but completely folded my ankle inward last Friday. Still inconclusive on damage extent, but can't load bear on it at all so it's been a bit hectic.

On the plus side the colours on my foot look like a Nebula.

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
Are you guys continuing your save or are you starting a completely new game? I started with the last big update and played so many hours, but I think a restart would be for the best right?

Wait until update is out and see how it affects people's saves. It might or might not depending how big these changes are to landscape and procedural system

bill crystals

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have really nice Exosuit and Ship upgrade modules that I wouldn't want to lose, think I'm keeping my save this time. Day 1 player but I restarted last year for NEXT. Will continue that character in Beyond.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
I am not searching cosmetics things, no.
The list you put isn't refering to space things for me. Like you said, this is still used to go from A to B. The fact that A or B can now be a freighter doesn't change the fact there are still the same thing inbetween.
If you don't mean cosmetic changes, and none of the added features so far count, then I'm curious what you mean by "same thing inbetween" for... open space =P

What would you like to see added? I thought bounty hunting was a nice addition to space gameplay, since I'm usually too "good" in games to enjoy being a pirate and attacking the freighters.

I just logged off on my favourite planet so far. Want to build a base here that is half above water, half below (so pretty below, so I need a viewing platform down here). Waiting to see how Beyond treats it though! If it's changed then... I'll probably restart. I name all my planets based on their visuals or resources, so if that naming scheme is useless I'd rather start anew.
BF49D2CC80B79FD24AF95D1EC090010777209CA7

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

I always start fresh, and though I always recommend it, I don't think its "wrong" to keep with your current save, not everyone likes starting fresh. Sure there can be bugs, but there can be with fresh saves too those first couple of weeks.

Yes, possibly really late tonight but likely tomorrow morning.

Would have been earlier but completely folded my ankle inward last Friday. Still inconclusive on damage extent, but can't load bear on it at all so it's been a bit hectic.

On the plus side the colours on my foot look like a Nebula.

Closest bluey purpley screenshot to hand :P

5urNRYO.jpg

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
I'd kinda like to start over, but all the updates have turned crafting progression into such a miserable grind (especially unlocking new tech on a timer), I don't think I can do that to myself unless it's been reworked once again.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Sitting at my desk waiting for tomorrow, and staring at ERA, I just found my Level 4 Atlas pass behind my monitor. Now I need to find somewhere safe to put it.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I mean, I have to restart anyway because I move from my X to the Pro because of VR, but I just don't know If VR will be good enough to keep me there.... I want to play it on the best platform possible and I really don't know if I can do this while I have my X right beside the Pro where I could play it.

Were there big differences in graphic and performance in comparison?

Last edited:

Landford

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cant wait to play it with google cardboard!

( :( )

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
SHIT I thought the update was today. :( Now I have to find something else to do for at least the next 24 hours...

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
We know Aug 14, but do we know when?
I want to know as well, wish it was midnight.
What time have the updates been historically?

Just went back to NEXT launch last year and found the following from the OT:

GMT/WET/UTC: 1PM/13:00
CEST: 3PM/15:00
EST: 9AM/09:00
PST: 6AM/06:00
CST: 8AM/08:00
AST: 9AM/09:00
MST: 7AM/07:00
HST: 3AM/03:00
AKST: 4AM/04:00

It was handy as it was releasing on XBox so those of us with digital preorders could see exactly when.
Traditionally updates arrive around lunchtime in the UK. Gives them plenty of time to prepare themselves during a regular work day and some time in the afternoon in case things go pear shaped.

[Edit] actually going back through the start of OT things didnt seem to pan out exactly to that plan, Xbox was on time but PS4 was an hour "late"

Last edited:

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
If you don't mean cosmetic changes, and none of the added features so far count, then I'm curious what you mean by "same thing inbetween" for... open space =P

What would you like to see added? I thought bounty hunting was a nice addition to space gameplay, since I'm usually too "good" in games to enjoy being a pirate and attacking the freighters.
I don't know, something like :
  • abandonned ships / freighters
  • getting rid of static asteroids everywhere and make them move and more interesting to mining
  • ships convoy (from space to planet, space to space station or vise versa) that you can attacked or helped against attacked.
  • Freighters against freighters combat (but they need to move for that, even slowly)
I didn't specially think about it (there is no point, I am not working at HG) but this is some idea. And the first two can give reasons to why going outside of our ship.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
If I start a new save when Beyond drops, would it be possible, in theory, to still stumble upon my older planets that I discovered? I forget how the game work with regards to this. Are we all playing in one big universe or are there multiple instances that people can get into and are then unable to find others on different ones?