• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Seiniyta

Oct 25, 2017
It'd be hilarious if Sean is unable to get the patchnotes live because so many people are F5'ing their website :P

KCroxtonJr

Oct 28, 2017
Lol I literally just woke up from a dream about this happening, looks like just in time for the real thing

Eighthours

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Despite being massively excited about the Beyond update, I'm worried about 2 things with the PS4 version when it comes to VR:

1. How much of a dip there could be in terms of visuals to get the framerate acceptable in VR (I'm on a Pro)

2. How the Moves control scheme is going to work in terms of movement, as there's no analogue stick. I presume they'll do something like Skyrim VR's controls, but the control scheme could potentially be awkward compared to the Oculus/Vive versions.

Man, I wish this was AIM compatible too.

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Despite being massively excited about the Beyond update, I'm worried about 2 things with the PS4 version when it comes to VR:

1. How much of a dip there could be in terms of visuals to get the framerate acceptable in VR (I'm on a Pro)

2. How the Moves control scheme is going to work in terms of movement, as there's no analogue stick. I presume they'll do something like Skyrim VR's controls, but the control scheme could potentially be awkward compared to the Oculus/Vive versions.

Man, I wish this was AIM compatible too.

For the VR, I read that it's the teleporting kind of movement. No free movement I think, although maybe that's an option too (hold button to move forward).

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
For the VR, I read that it's the teleporting kind of movement. No free movement I think, although maybe that's an option too (hold button to move forward).
Wait what? Teleportation is mandatory in VR ? Please tell me it is not so, I asked in another thread and was told there would be free movement :(

Deleted member 26746

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Update now live on PS4. 11Gb

CmyXY4jWcAAt9J5.jpg

KCroxtonJr

Oct 28, 2017
11gb? What was ps4 size before cause PC before update is 10.4gb lol

absolutely insane update size and very exciting

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Is fiber not common in Australia?
It's around, but not nearly enough. Only in certain mid-city areas.

Anyway patch notes are up:
www.nomanssky.com

Beyond Update - No Man's Sky

BEYOND: INTRODUCING UPDATE 2.0 Update 2.0, Beyond, massively expands the multiplayer experience introduced in NEXT, takes immersion to a whole new level with fully-fledged Virtual Reality, overhauls base building, NPCs, technology trees, and much, much more. Marking the three year anniversary of...

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Not gonna lie, did my first image-based OT and spent ages on it only to find out Resetera puts arbitrary gaps between images even if there's no line break. Absolutely gutted and pretty tilted after everything. Will be up in about 10-15m, exporting and uploading.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Sorry if asked, but I can't find any detailed info: how does the movement work on PSVR? I know there's Move support with teleport, but is there also free movement with the DS4?

Deleted member 26746

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Sorry if asked, but I can't find any detailed info: how does the movement work on PSVR? I know there's Move support with teleport, but is there also free movement with the DS4?
I hope there's some standing movement like in Skyrim VR using the left move as a joystick... using ships you just use your hads to use the controls of the vehicles.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017

Yes.

Hello Games is offering alternate control schemes that don't require Move controllers. Players will be able to freely move around space with a DualShock 4, if they want to.

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
Explorers can enjoy longer stretches of uninterrupted mining with less frequent and less aggressive sentinels, and a reworked overheat mechanic for the Mining Beam that rewards pushing heat to the limit.

YES!!!

Inventory limitations have been relaxed, allowing explorers to carry near-unlimited quantities of mined substances. The inventory UI has been revised and improved.

YES!!!

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
NPCs now being able to walk around and do shit, finally.
No more germaphobe NPCs that bring their own chairs to space stations?

The most important change of this entire update:
Geks occasionally swing their legs while sitting.

Also, You can now disable vignette/scanlines