• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
PS5 Version detailed

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY

Posted by Toumari
Full details for PS5 version:
  • Haptic controls: From the satisfying feeling of firing your boltcaster, to the gentle nudge of a building part slotting into place in a space habitat or the firm click of the trigger in your interstellar ship – haptic controls allow players to feel immersed in an alien world as never before.
  • Fuller worlds: Next generation hardware allows No Man's Sky's procedural generation to create lusher, richer and more densely populated universes than ever before. Planet surfaces are even more detailed, with thousands more rocks, alien grasses, and exotic flora on screen at any time.
  • 32 player multiplayer: For the first time on console, up to 32 players can join forces to build, survive, fight and explore the galaxy together.
  • Advanced audio: Immersion has always been a pillar of No Man's Sky. Thanks to PlayStation 5's Tempest 3D AudioTech, players will be able to soak in the ambience of an alien planet, or feel a ship fly overhead like never before (You can find out more about PS5's 3D Audio here.)
  • 4K* at 60FPS: On PlayStation 5 players can experience the universe in pin-sharp detail at higher framerates.
  • Ultra visuals: Explore alien vistas with improved shadows, greater draw distances, thousands more objects on screen and improved lighting and volumetric effects.
  • Vast base building: Players can now work together to build huge off-world colonies, with the ability to construct and render far more vast and complex bases on screen.
  • Warp-speed load times: Explore the universe instantly with 5-10x reduction in loading times. On PS5, you can warp from solar system to solar system in an instant.
  • Crossplay: PS5 explorers will be able to join together with other adventurers on all other platforms, including previous generations.
  • Upgrading from PS4 to PS5: Not only will previous owners of No Man's Sky on PlayStation 4 be able to upgrade their game to PlayStation 5 at no extra cost when PS5 launches in their territory, but their progress can be carried across to their new console.
  • PlayStation VR: No Man's Sky is fully playable in PS VR on PlayStation 5 by virtue of its backwards compatibility functionality.
  • An evolving game: Just another step on the evolution of the best-selling title, No Man's Sky Next Generation will come preloaded with the previous four years of huge upgrades from day one. Join in the journey at our most important moment yet.

Last edited:

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
YES PLEASE.

Best news of the day, thank you.

Day One as well for launch. Absolutely magnificent.

nizerifin

Jun 9, 2018
I'm playing this currently and have been wondering about next-gen support. Good to see :)

Edit: this is the grand poo-bah of next-gen updates. Will now wait until PS5 launch to continue playing.

Last edited:

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Instantly shot to the top of the first games I'll be playing. Hello Games just knocking every ball pitched out the park at this stage.

PS5 Version detailed

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Full details for PS5 version:
  • Haptic controls: From the satisfying feeling of firing your boltcaster, to the gentle nudge of a building part slotting into place in a space habitat or the firm click of the trigger in your interstellar ship – haptic controls allow players to feel immersed in an alien world as never before.
  • Fuller worlds: Next generation hardware allows No Man's Sky's procedural generation to create lusher, richer and more densely populated universes than ever before. Planet surfaces are even more detailed, with thousands more rocks, alien grasses, and exotic flora on screen at any time.
  • 32 player multiplayer: For the first time on console, up to 32 players can join forces to build, survive, fight and explore the galaxy together.
  • Advanced audio: Immersion has always been a pillar of No Man's Sky. Thanks to PlayStation 5's Tempest 3D AudioTech, players will be able to soak in the ambience of an alien planet, or feel a ship fly overhead like never before (You can find out more about PS5's 3D Audio here.)
  • 4K* at 60FPS: On PlayStation 5 players can experience the universe in pin-sharp detail at higher framerates.
  • Ultra visuals: Explore alien vistas with improved shadows, greater draw distances, thousands more objects on screen and improved lighting and volumetric effects.
  • Vast base building: Players can now work together to build huge off-world colonies, with the ability to construct and render far more vast and complex bases on screen.
  • Warp-speed load times: Explore the universe instantly with 5-10x reduction in loading times. On PS5, you can warp from solar system to solar system in an instant.
  • Crossplay: PS5 explorers will be able to join together with other adventurers on all other platforms, including previous generations.
  • Upgrading from PS4 to PS5: Not only will previous owners of No Man's Sky on PlayStation 4 be able to upgrade their game to PlayStation 5 at no extra cost when PS5 launches in their territory, but their progress can be carried across to their new console.
  • PlayStation VR: No Man's Sky is fully playable in PS VR on PlayStation 5 by virtue of its backwards compatibility functionality.
  • An evolving game: Just another step on the evolution of the best-selling title, No Man's Sky Next Generation will come preloaded with the previous four years of huge upgrades from day one. Join in the journey at our most important moment yet.

bevishead

Jan 9, 2018
Wow so just like that the PS5 version of No Man's Sky is going to be the best best version to play.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like I'll finally have to play the PSVR version... Once I get a dongle.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Instantly shot to the top of the first games I'll be playing. Hello Games just knocking every ball pitched out the park at this stage.
NMS Was already on my to play list at launch for the Series X because it can be frame rate unlocked and there's a lot of headroom for improvement.

Now this is just everything I'd hoped for a next gen NMS experience.

whatsarobot

Nov 17, 2017
MADMEN. Am I ever going to be able to get into this jumping on it so late? I want to wait for new PSVR controllers but then... I'm very interested.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Yooo, great news on the haptics!

This game has gotten some more play from me recently after the various expansions and the "free play" mode. I love just exploring casually with basically no risk.

Chamon

Feb 26, 2019
Excited about PSVR support. I wonder if it'll be the next gen version with improved visuals (PS4 version is very rough in VR).

BoxScar

Jul 21, 2020
Wow, here's hoping it stays on Gamepass long enough for me to get to it! Hello Games have raally gone above and beyond for NMS, what a great bunch of peeps.

ZeroCoin

Oct 26, 2017
Couldn't be happier with the support this game has received. Buying a digital copy for around 20 bucks turned out to be a fantastic purchase.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds great!

On a side note, why do companies keep bothering with Twitter videos. They always look like shit. Way to sell your audio-visual experience.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
The 4K/60 is a bit weird since the game doesn't even run at a stable 60 on PC for me. with dips down to the 50's and 40's randomly, on 1440p on my 2080 Super.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
"Seamlessly transition your No Man's Sky journey to the next generation. Xbox One saves are automatically compatible with the next Xbox generation, and PS4 players can upload their save data in-game for download on PS5."

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
Series S has options:
PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X owners can experience a smooth 60fps at 4K resolutions, and Xbox Series S owners can customise their experience with a choice between high quality native resolution at 30fps or high performance at 60fps modes.

Jako

Oct 27, 2017
Is this the greatest comeback story of the gaming industry? Along with FFXIV I suppose. Great work by the team!

Skeff

Oct 29, 2017
I've held off on NMS but PS5 VR is the time to jump in.

Edit: available at launch as well it says very happy.

nss

Apr 10, 2018
I haven't played NMS since it's launch week, maybe I'll play this again when the PS5 comes in.

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
If there was ever an opportunity for them to justifiably start charging for their work, a next-gen version would have been it.

They've gone from pariahs to the absolute champions of post-launch support. Love to see it.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
THERE IT IS!!!

Now I can stop bringing this up in every thread about nextgen upgrades to existing games lol

edit: AVAILABLE AT LAUNCH OF PS5!!!! AAAAHHHHHHH

Available at launch for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S. Free upgrade for existing owners.

edit edit: OMG does this mean the PSVR mode in the game will suddenly look like (i'm very sorry, everyone) a real game and not an ugly mess?

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Hmm, was this ever free on Ps+? I wonder if I already own it because that looked pretty sweet.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Sweet lord....that base the video....

giphy.gif

Hmm, was this ever free on Ps+? I wonder if I already own it because that looked pretty sweet.

No it was not, but the game is almost always on sale when a new update drops.