No Man's Sky: NEXT |OT| A Korvax, a Gek and a Vykeen walk into a base..

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
Every bump gets me wet with anticipation for VR.

Oh NMS blue balls. How I can’t wait to relieve the stress.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I just purchased the game for VR. It's the first time I've truly been interested in the game. 2 of my friends bought it as well (one with VR), so the online aspect of the update has multiplied my excitement. Played a few hours and I'm really digging it. If VR implementation is as good as people are saying it is, it could be one of the best VR titles to date! Sorry for the unexciting post, but I wanted to say I'm here to share the hype for Beyond.

Do you guys think VR version will be mod-able? I would imagine it will work sort of like Skyrim VR.

Rex_DX

Oct 28, 2017
Boston, MA, United States
Ugh maybe I should start over
Haha not my intention!

I meant that more as a kind of PSA that you can safely decline the first freighter without messing up your chances of shopping around for a better freebie.

I read a lot of conflicting info with some users claiming this was patched out so I took a big chance by potentially turning down a free freighter. Glad I did though as it paid off.

Edit - I see a lot of people saying capital ships won’t spawn unless you play for three hours unpaused, complete a certain number of jumps and/or some other even more bizarre criteria.

All I can say is I just played the game and happened across a capital ship on my sixth jump (definitely didn’t play unpaused for three hours). This was both my first sighting of a capital ship as well as a freighter rescue mission.

8byte

Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I'm curious if NMS is getting a re-launch as Beyond (basically a "GOTY" collection of content)?

I'm honestly starting to feel like July is out of the question, we're probably looking at mid to late August.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
I just begrudgingly came back to ResetEra to find that theres still an active No Man's Sky thread.

I'm so proud of you
:)
I never stopped playing it, at this point after all the updates it’s rapidly climbing my best game of all time list.

——

I just went through a black hole and found an extreme planet with toxic storms with clusters of storm chrystals everywhere, I instantly started building a base with a teleporter and has been flying about harvesting the planet and traveling to sell, I haven’t optimized the sell method yet but I can make 10+ millions easily just by selling what I can carry in the exosuit. Feels nice! This game never stops giving.

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
Decided to put the disc back in, I forgot how pretty this game can be.

Currently doing the Nautilus quest. Can you eventually install a booster like on the dune buggy?

Last edited:

8byte

Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Interesting article from Forbes, apparently the plan was to effectively wrap up development on NMS once Next released, but it performed better than they expected, so we got Beyond. So, thanks PC and Xbox players! I'm thankful you got my VR support, haha.