• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I got an A-Class Freighter at 145mil, does an S-Class is really worth the 355mil more?

Truthfully I don't know, I don't even have an A class freighter. I suppose it depends on how you like to play. If freighters are important to your experience I can imagine someone wanting to eke out as much storage and stats as possible.
For me, its the aesthetic look of a freighter first just so I can see it hovering over my base. I'd be happy with one of the big ones which look like a Star Destroyer or Sulaco-esque.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Anyone know at what time the update will be out on ps4 tomorrow?

Well theres the question. I suspect it will be as before and launch around noon UK time. I recall finding the below on Reddit just prior to NEXT launching last year.

GMT/WET/UTC: 1PM/13:00
CEST: 3PM/15:00
EST: 9AM/09:00
PST: 6AM/06:00
CST: 8AM/08:00
AST: 9AM/09:00
MST: 7AM/07:00
HST: 3AM/03:00
AKST: 4AM/04:00

[edit] Take this with a fist of salt though, as I recall it wasn't spot on for PS4 going live at the time, I now recall.

Last edited:

DiscoThunder

May 7, 2019
How does NMS run on PC? Should I play this on a PS4 Pro or a Ryzen 2600 @ 4.2 Ghz, 16GB ram, GTX 1060 6GB? Display is a 4k OLED.

I've read that the PS4 Pro holds a stable 60 fps at 1080p, but that fan noise is a big problem?

Deleted member 49179

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
This is really impressive:

Normally, what you see above isn't even possible — not without the use of "glitch building." As the name implies, No Man's Sky players use bugs to force parts together. Doing so at scale can be taxing on the game, and according to builder JC Hysteria, merely finding a spot that could handle something this complex took about a week. Replicant City resides in the middle of a dead world with low atmosphere, because it's the only way the game can handle displaying the player creation.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
With even more online functionality coming, I wonder if people will start building like legit cities, or does the building limit prevent really large scale stuff like that?

Ichtyander

Oct 25, 2017
With even more online functionality coming, I wonder if people will start building like legit cities, or does the building limit prevent really large scale stuff like that?

That Replicant City base was already pretty problematic (as the description says, they built it on a dead world with no atmosphere because there's much less other assets, flora and fauna to render because the game wouldn't be able to handle it otherwise).

I tried making some very high and scattered stacked blocks to mimic skyscrapers etc. in creative with the current base building limit and the two major issues are that the game stops rendering random objects after a certain distance (so the base looks like a jumbled mess from afar) and the other is that depending on the complexity of the base it can absolutely kill the framerate.

So even if you could build something even resembling a city block, it might just look very glitchy from afar and be unplayable anyway because of performance issues. It's kind of weird (and nice I guess) that they actually let people build these elaborate bases with even larger limits but it can also make the game unplayable, which isn't the best idea, especially on consoles.

Anyway, the engine is just not built for cities in mind so I would definitely not get my hopes up for something like that. Little colonies at best, maybe. Not that people won't try though. :)

Deleted member 4247

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I played this quite a lot at release, then a little after Next was released, but didn't get very far. I'm very ready to restart and get back in with Beyond. Looks amazing.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing from the same save file ever since release, but at this point I think it's probably best if I just start over fresh, as much as I hate to lose everything I've done/gotten in the past three years. So much has changed and there were so many issues with old save files when Next came out that I'd like to avoid this time around.

Headhunter

Oct 28, 2017
I've been playing from the same save file ever since release, but at this point I think it's probably best if I just start over fresh, as much as I hate to lose everything I've done/gotten in the past three years. So much has changed and there were so many issues with old save files when Next came out that I'd like to avoid this time around.

Dito! I will also focus on a fresh start. And this time PC will my weapon to go 😎

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious to see how something like this looks in VR:

PgFdvju.gif

That seems like a nightmare lol

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A bit disappointed that this update is so focused on building (not interesting to me). Was looking forward to more biomes and upgraded terrain generation.

Deleted member 49179

Banned
Oct 30, 2018
The patch notes is very exhaustive...

www.nomanssky.com

Beyond Update - No Man's Sky

BEYOND: INTRODUCING UPDATE 2.0 Update 2.0, Beyond, massively expands the multiplayer experience introduced in NEXT, takes immersion to a whole new level with fully-fledged Virtual Reality, overhauls base building, NPCs, technology trees, and much, much more. Marking the three year anniversary of...

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia

Those QOL and menu settings updates are sweet. Looks like they took cues from Far Cry Primal with the bait/taming system and base building from Fallout 4.

I'll give it a test on my current saved game but I won't restart until ReShade is updated for Vulkan. Can't stand the blurry graphics.

EDIT: Game crashes on startup. I've removed mods, verified integrity, deleted settings files. Nothing works.

Last edited:

TopherDL

Oct 25, 2017
So...I'm trying to upgrade my freighter warp drive to the final tier. What are salvaged frigate modules and how do I obtain them? Despite the constant crashing (which is more prevalent when ambient multiplayer is enabled), I'm quite enjoying the update.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Got it working by installing the latest Nvidia and Vulkan Runtime drivers.

Major bug: Controls can't be remapped
Minor bug: Seen items like Glyphs seems have been partially reset

Oct 28, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Game seems to be running poorly for me on X1X. Pop ups every where.

I can't even access my storage containers on my freighter. I have deleted them, rebuilt them elsewhere on the ship...but I cannot enter the room to access them. I am hitting an invisible wall every time :/

Status
Not open for further replies.