• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I remember back during the very first community event there was a bug where going through the portal took you to an entire different universe if your playthrough was not on the initial universe you start with. I lost my base and progress and I never found a way to get back to my universe so I just stopped playing. lol

Was this ever fixed or am I forever forced to just start a whole new save?

Honestly even if you didn't lose everything, starting fresh is the way to go after all these changes and updates. It's a pretty different experience with different quest lines and significantly different QoL mechanics. I started fresh and enjoyed my new save considerably more than my previous one (especially since you can play with friends).

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Upgraded from a 1070 to a 1080 so I updated a few mods and had a quick playthrough with Vulkan. A few mods aren't working now and can't use ReShade with Vulkan so it's a bit blurry and dull looking but it's running a lot smoother. Texture pop-in and grass draw distance still suck.

thezboson

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry to bump the thread, I just wanted to highlight a quote from the recent article from Gamesindustry.

"Murray will be sharing more about Hello Games and No Man's Sky as the opening keynote of Develop:Brighton 2019. He will be discussing the story behind its original development and the transformative updates, as well as hinting at the future of both the game and studio."

I love hearing Sean talk about NMS, hopefully he will talk about the events leading up to the launch as well as how the flood actually affected the studio. I am not sure it is the right venue to announce a release date, but perhaps he will say something about Beyond.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry to bump the thread, I just wanted to highlight a quote from the recent article from Gamesindustry.

"Murray will be sharing more about Hello Games and No Man's Sky as the opening keynote of Develop:Brighton 2019. He will be discussing the story behind its original development and the transformative updates, as well as hinting at the future of both the game and studio."

I love hearing Sean talk about NMS, hopefully he will talk about the events leading up to the launch as well as how the flood actually affected the studio. I am not sure it is the right venue to announce a release date, but perhaps he will say something about Beyond.

His keynote name says something like "NMS: To Infinity and BEYOND" So theres hope hahahaha

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Someone at the NMS reddit seems to have found one of the largest creatures yet without mods. Might be a glitch or something because the in-game reading says it shouldnt be that big but it is.

290oexxi2l731.jpg

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

8byte

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Reaching the Galactic Hub via warp is intense. I'm nowhere close to 2000+ish LY jump needed.

I need S-Class Explorer with six S-Class warp upgrades (three in starship, three in tech).

Going to be a while...or I could call a Huber but enjoying the adventure of getting there.

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Boston, MA, United States
Can I still decline the first free freighter that's scripted to appear in the hope that a capital freighter will spawn for free (with the rescue mission) down the road or did this get patched out?

Just jumped to my third system and all my available jumps are yielding crappy c/b 18 slotters.

I have a save prior to that jump but don't really want to progress out of the system before knowing if it's been patched.

Basically, do free freighters continue to spawn if the first one is declined?

Last edited:

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well I was going to wait to pick this up again until the update but I'm now all in.

Just discovered that you can indeed decline the first free freighter and still be offered a free one on subsequent rescue missions (I had been told this was patched out.)

I'm happy I chanced it because my scripted free freighter was a low slot C class.

About ten hours later I jump into a battle and am gifted an A class 32-slot Star Destroyer capital ship in black and red. Not a perfect freighter but it's definitely the best one I've ever had by far.

Here's hoping the BEYOND update doesn't mess everything up because I'm kind of all in on this now.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Well I was going to wait to pick this up again until the update but I'm now all in.

Just discovered that you can indeed decline the first free freighter and still be offered a free one on subsequent rescue missions (I had been told this was patched out.)

I'm happy I chanced it because my scripted free freighter was a low slot C class.

About ten hours later I jump into a battle and am gifted an A class 32-slot Star Destroyer capital ship in black and red. Not a perfect freighter but it's definitely the best one I've ever had by far.

Here's hoping the BEYOND update doesn't mess everything up because I'm kind of all in on this now.
Ugh maybe I should start over

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
Every bump gets me wet with anticipation for VR.

Oh NMS blue balls. How I can't wait to relieve the stress.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
I just purchased the game for VR. It's the first time I've truly been interested in the game. 2 of my friends bought it as well (one with VR), so the online aspect of the update has multiplied my excitement. Played a few hours and I'm really digging it. If VR implementation is as good as people are saying it is, it could be one of the best VR titles to date! Sorry for the unexciting post, but I wanted to say I'm here to share the hype for Beyond.

Do you guys think VR version will be mod-able? I would imagine it will work sort of like Skyrim VR.

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ugh maybe I should start over

Haha not my intention!

I meant that more as a kind of PSA that you can safely decline the first freighter without messing up your chances of shopping around for a better freebie.

I read a lot of conflicting info with some users claiming this was patched out so I took a big chance by potentially turning down a free freighter. Glad I did though as it paid off.

Edit - I see a lot of people saying capital ships won't spawn unless you play for three hours unpaused, complete a certain number of jumps and/or some other even more bizarre criteria.

All I can say is I just played the game and happened across a capital ship on my sixth jump (definitely didn't play unpaused for three hours). This was both my first sighting of a capital ship as well as a freighter rescue mission.

8byte

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I'm curious if NMS is getting a re-launch as Beyond (basically a "GOTY" collection of content)?

I'm honestly starting to feel like July is out of the question, we're probably looking at mid to late August.

legacyzero

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I just begrudgingly came back to ResetEra to find that theres still an active No Man's Sky thread.

I'm so proud of you

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
I just begrudgingly came back to ResetEra to find that theres still an active No Man's Sky thread.

I'm so proud of you
:)
I never stopped playing it, at this point after all the updates it's rapidly climbing my best game of all time list.

——

I just went through a black hole and found an extreme planet with toxic storms with clusters of storm chrystals everywhere, I instantly started building a base with a teleporter and has been flying about harvesting the planet and traveling to sell, I haven't optimized the sell method yet but I can make 10+ millions easily just by selling what I can carry in the exosuit. Feels nice! This game never stops giving.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Finally reached The Galactic Hub. Going to take a break until Beyond.

What a journey. I got really lucky with S-Class Explorer, spawned after one reload.

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
Decided to put the disc back in, I forgot how pretty this game can be.

nomanssky_201811232125ikbp.jpg

nomanssky_20190711213mzkwc.jpg

Currently doing the Nautilus quest. Can you eventually install a booster like on the dune buggy?

Last edited:

thezboson

Oct 27, 2017
I would much rather they made a NMS2 for next generation personally. I imagine a lot of the potential of the game is held back by PS4.

Speaking of that, there was a Reddit rumor a few days ago saying that the developers had trouble with the base PS4 version, the VR was not running well apparently. Zero evidence was provided but given that the game has all of its content in place and is fully playable (how else could it get an Australian rating?), it seems reasonable.

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
I just hope VR implementation brings back the original first person experience. The clunky embark/disembark animations, forced third-person warping, and inability to walk uphill completely ruined immersion for me.

8byte

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I just hope VR implementation brings back the original first person experience. The clunky embark/disembark animations, forced third-person warping, and inability to walk uphill completely ruined immersion for me.

What do you mean, forced 3rd person warping and inability to walk up hill?

8byte

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Pretty sure I have first person warping, but I have enabled first person perspective for the ship.

Same. All perspectives are optional, so I'm not sure what's going on with their experience. I think it's set to 3rd person by default with the latest patch, but you can mix and match however you want between first and third freely.

Still no clue about not being able to walk up hill...I walk up hill in the game all the time.

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
Same. All perspectives are optional, so I'm not sure what's going on with their experience. I think it's set to 3rd person by default with the latest patch, but you can mix and match however you want between first and third freely.

Still no clue about not being able to walk up hill...I walk up hill in the game all the time.
The warp loading screen is in third person persective no matter what. And after Next dropped, some barely steeper than usual hills became unclimbable (because the character would look goofy if you were in third person view, I assume) so you are forced to use the jetpack to walk up a 30cm rock that's in the way (This isn't something that you would notice if you started playing with Next, but as someone who put in some 200hrs since day1, on-foot traversal got worse).

But I mostly care about the old embark/disembrak animations, really.

ezgif-2-afccdb8f0e6e.gif

8byte

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Status
Not open for further replies.