• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

tenor.gif

Oct 27, 2017
Posted August 1st with the time set to 1, all the way to 7pm, August 7th, indicating varying levels of stress, exhaustion, and anxiety. Meaning, as the days get further into August, we get closer to an eventual release, but at the same time, crunch gets worse in order to make the alleged rumored date of the 14th.

However, the time plays such an important factor in this tweet that by no accident was 4:11 p.m. selected. It was calculated. Those three little numbers play a pivotal role because by rearranging them, we get August 14th.

What we can deduce from this is in fact that the rumored release of August 14th is in fact true. Murray uses a non-military clock in his tweet, meaning we don't actually know if he is referring to 1 p.m. -7 p.m. or 1 a.m. - 7 a.m.

Doubling that amount would give us 14 hours, leading to the rumored release of August 14th.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Posted August 1st with the time set to 1, all the way to 7pm, August 7th, indicating varying levels of stress, exhaustion, and anxiety. Meaning, as the days get further into August, we get closer to an eventual release, but at the same time, crunch gets worse in order to make the alleged rumored date of the 14th.

However, the time plays such an important factor in this tweet that by no accident was 4:11 p.m. selected. It was calculated. Those three little numbers play a pivotal role because by rearranging them, we get August 14th.

What we can deduce from this is in fact that the rumored release of August 14th is in fact true. Murray uses a non-military clock in his tweet, meaning we don't actually know if he is referring to 1 p.m. -7 p.m. or 1 a.m. - 7 a.m.

Doubling that amount would give us 14 hours, leading to the rumored release of August 14th.
He posted it at 1 am his local time August 2nd, starting with a 1 emoji. Little simpler.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its more like seven hours from now will get the trailer or announcement, and release down the next week

thezboson

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I feel bad for HG. Were other developers have crunch once in a three or four year period, they have been crunching this time of year, every year since 2016. They are probably really stressed out I would guess.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There was a stream pop up notification on Steam about a "BEYOND STREAM EVENT" but it leads to an error page. Definitely, something happening soon.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Called it. They leaked their own shit and had to scramble to provide *sonething* to announce release. Doubt today was planned.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
They're keeping that third pillar CLOSE. I wonder if they're finally going to add some sort of enemy NPCs. Would LOVE to get into ground battles with space pirates who are looting downed craters or ships.

OR it would be dope if they added the ability to buy and upgrade space stations.

thezboson

Oct 27, 2017
Called it. They leaked their own shit and had to scramble to provide *sonething* to announce release. Doubt today was planned.
Yep.
They probably meant to announce release date, together with a trailer, on Wednesday. They probably have some kind of marketing planned, and thus are withholding the third component.

8byte

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Twitter video is trash. Is that a cityscape?!

It looks more like a bigger / more complex space station. I'm personally hoping that Space Stations will now become something you can build yourself as a larger "hub" to store all of your ships, get missions, etc. Would be REALLY awesome if you could choose planets to kind of sit in low orbit & see it in the sky.

All of this said, I hope everyone is ready to start over or accept that the universe is almost certainly going to get another reboot.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
It looks more like a bigger / more complex space station. I'm personally hoping that Space Stations will now become something you can build yourself as a larger "hub" to store all of your ships, get missions, etc. Would be REALLY awesome if you could choose planets to kind of sit in low orbit & see it in the sky.

All of this said, I hope everyone is ready to start over or accept that the universe is almost certainly going to get another reboot.

That would be cool, the space station changes in next were great adding another different kind would be awesome.

Regarding restarting, I've fully enjoyed starting from scratch every time, and I expect to again this time. Maybe not my survival run though, I still need those last 2 trophies.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
So I finished the Atlas path and reset the simulation (lush galaxy here I come!). So everything is broken (fine), but all my resources are in my storage lockers in my base that I can no longer get back to. If I claim a new home planet and build my storage lockers, will those resources still be there, or are they just gone forever? I know this works building different storage units between planets or freighters, but do they keep their inventory after jumping galaxies? I don't want to track down a shitload of Cadmium again. And how frustrating is it that nothing refines back to ferrite dust? I've got 3,000 units of magnetised ferrite and I'm smashing tiny rocks to bits like a chump.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
So I finished the Atlas path and reset the simulation (lush galaxy here I come!). So everything is broken (fine), but all my resources are in my storage lockers in my base that I can no longer get back to. If I claim a new home planet and build my storage lockers, will those resources still be there, or are they just gone forever? I know this works building different storage units between planets or freighters, but do they keep their inventory after jumping galaxies? I don't want to track down a shitload of Cadmium again. And how frustrating is it that nothing refines back to ferrite dust? I've got 3,000 units of magnetised ferrite and I'm smashing tiny rocks to bits like a chump.

I cant speak from experience as I've never changed galaxies, but I'm sure if you rebuild the storage cubes you'll regain access to your resources even across galaxies. Freighters and their storage would follow too. Unless you dismantled your base before moving though you'll have lost 50% of the resources you used to build that if you want to recover that.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
I wish I could clone my save because I would love to feel the aw of a new galaxy, but want to engage with the majority of the players in the first galaxy. Would love an option to start a new game in a random galaxy after reaching a certain threshold near the core of the OG.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I wish I could clone my save because I would love to feel the aw of a new galaxy, but want to engage with the majority of the players in the first galaxy. Would love an option to start a new game in a random galaxy after reaching a certain threshold near the core of the OG.

You can though. I save scum on PS4 a lot lol

I save then upload to cloud, then download if I don't like something I do or choose.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Yeah that's the main reason I stick around too. With Portals working now as well theres plenty of info out there about systems with good looking ships.

Stan is spot on as well Unicorn , if you're on PS4 its easy enough to scum, since auto updates to cloud storage only happen once a day.

You can also disable auto cloud upload.

Auto-Upload | PlayStation®4 User's Guide

PlayStation®4 Official User's Guide. Explains how to use the PS4™ system.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR

There's a couple more tweets in that twitter thread but can't post more than four media posts in a one post.

It's being talked about in thread on the main side, but the most important tweet in that chain is that the third pillar exists but seems to be a collection of subtler changes that don't translate well to a trailer. My guess is a whole bunch of QoL and UI changes.

HalStep

Oct 27, 2017
i asked in the other thread but didn't get a reply so i'll try here.

i played this at launch got the plat and stopped quickly after,the only updates i played were graphical performance so no new content.

the question is this,how needed is the base building and freighter stuff,as i understand it you can grow elements in your base.can i get everything by scavenging or are there unique things the base is needed for?

likewise with freighter,do i need them to get enough money or it will get too grindy?

obviously this is pre-patch which might change certain things.

8byte

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
QoL

i played this at launch got the plat and stopped quickly after,the only updates i played were graphical performance so no new content.

the question is this,how needed is the base building and freighter stuff,as i understand it you can grow elements in your base.can i get everything by scavenging or are there unique things the base is needed for?

likewise with freighter,do i need them to get enough money or it will get too grindy?

They are pretty necessary for some critical technology pieces, so getting the new weapons, etc, will require some base building. Honestly though, it's best to just start fresh and run through the new story mode along with your base building stuff. If you enjoyed the base game before, then this new mode will be more than enjoyable for you. You can also just play straight into creative and do whatever you want w/out restrictions (that's how I plan to dive in for VR mode at first).

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

The base is required for some technology and in turn to complete some of the storylines so its not easily "Ignored" though one doesn't have to build anything too extensive to do so. You will (or at least currently will) be given a freighter by following the storyline so you don't need to save up for one.
If you did wish to start from scratch (which I too recommend) you would find the base building and storylines match up nicely and keep the game flowing nicely.

HalStep

Oct 27, 2017
QoL

They are pretty necessary for some critical technology pieces, so getting the new weapons, etc, will require some base building. Honestly though, it's best to just start fresh and run through the new story mode along with your base building stuff. If you enjoyed the base game before, then this new mode will be more than enjoyable for you. You can also just play straight into creative and do whatever you want w/out restrictions (that's how I plan to dive in for VR mode at first).

thanks for the reply,that is slightly disappointing because i always have these grand ideas for things like these (fallout 4 bases and far cry 2 make your own multiplayer maps) spend hours trying but not being able to get it how i want,getting frustrated and ignoring it.in the case of FC2 i stopped playing all together.

i'll give it a go anyway hopefully i can stick with it.i'll play sniper elite 4 first which will give me chance to get the next patch before i start a fresh save.

8byte

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
thanks for the reply,that is slightly disappointing because i always have these grand ideas for things like these (fallout 4 bases and far cry 2 make your own multiplayer maps) spend hours trying but not being able to get it how i want,getting frustrated and ignoring it.in the case of FC2 i stopped playing all together.

i'll give it a go anyway hopefully i can stick with it.i'll play sniper elite 4 first which will give me chance to get the next patch before i start a fresh save.

Well, you should definitely check out Reddit to get an idea of what people have created. The base building is pretty robust, and people have made some really outlandish things, especially when you couple it with the terrain manipulator.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

There's a lot of options in the base builder, there some simple modules to clip together or more open rooms which can be made of wall and floor tiles. There's some great looking bases people have made. I don't tend to spend so much time making them TBH, I prefer to spend my time exploring so mine are always more functional than anything. If you chose to only do the "bare minimum" for progression it doesn't really get in your way much.

HalStep

Oct 27, 2017
Well, you should definitely check out Reddit to get an idea of what people have created. The base building is pretty robust, and people have made some really outlandish things, especially when you couple it with the terrain manipulator.
There's a lot of options in the base builder, there some simple modules to clip together or more open rooms which can be made of wall and floor tiles. There's some great looking bases people have made. I don't tend to spend so much time making them TBH, I prefer to spend my time exploring so mine are always more functional than anything. If you chose to only do the "bare minimum" for progression it doesn't really get in your way much.

thanks,i just watched a youtube video of a few bases and it is nuts what you can do.looks like i'll try something impressive mess it up and stick with "good enough".

8byte

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
thanks,i just watched a youtube video of a few bases and it is nuts what you can do.looks like i'll try something impressive mess it up and stick with "good enough".

If you jump into "Creative" mode, you can build without worrying about having to procure resources. Everything is just "available". It's a much more relaxed creative experience, where as the core game (normal mode or survival) require you to mine and craft resources to build certain things.

Creative is the way to go if you're interesting in building as much as you want and experimenting.

HalStep

Oct 27, 2017
If you jump into "Creative" mode, you can build without worrying about having to procure resources. Everything is just "available". It's a much more relaxed creative experience, where as the core game (normal mode or survival) require you to mine and craft resources to build certain things.

Creative is the way to go if you're interesting in building as much as you want and experimenting.

i forgot about the game modes,i remember watching about that in one of the update videos.i expect i'll go with the normal game first off.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

I'd agree with 8Byte too, if you start on creative it'll save you so much time and heartache too see if its worth your while before you start gathering resources on live. The only "proper" base I've made I practice on creative first before rebuilding on normal.
I wouldn't recommend it on survival either, not out of any extra difficulty, its just an annoying slog as much as anything.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Creative is great for planning out a base and seeing how everything will come together; I used it to build a giant glass palace back when base-building was first introduced and realized that after passing a certain threshold of complexity, the game would literally just crash. Fortunately those limits have been relaxed a bit with further updates.

As far as grindiness goes, there are plenty of methods for getting an absolutely absurd amount of units in relatively short order. They usually involve a serious investment of time and/or resources upfront, but then you can reap massive rewards. Definitely invest in three S-Class scanner upgrades as quickly as possible; this will start you getting hundreds of thousands of units for every single species you scan (which adds up really fast). Once you progress a bit in the game, you can use the strategy I outline in this post to make a billion or so credits per hour (unless it's been patched out). Do that a couple times and you'll never want for money again. If that sounds a touch boring, there are other strategies that involve manipulating different types of economies or creating a farm of resources that are used to produce incredibly expensive items, but they tend to require more planning and aren't as rapidly lucrative. But none of it is remotely as grindy feeling as Version 1.0 and mining gold or emeril stacks constantly (which never really gave much anyway).

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
You can get away with super basic base design to meet all the quest requirements. My "base" is pretty much just three rooms planted near each other.

I intend to build one out once I've completed the questline and find the perfect planet. For now, it exists purely to check boxes and took very little effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.